Enough of Mavic Horror Stories, any 90% satisfied pilots?
8406 177 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boenaparte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1089393 ft
Hong Kong

I've had mine for 3 months and it's simply awesome, while it's not flawless there is not a singe drone that i have tried or seen since that I would rather own, that is for me of course as it matches perfectly my needs for an excellent , easy to use drone and portable.
2017-3-6
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227585 ft
United States

99.9% Satisfaction, Super amazed with the Mavic. The Controler feels right, packing it up and setting it up is a so fast, The only thing I wish I could invert the pitch on the Camera controler, spinning the wheel just feels backwards, Up ( right)  should push the camera down and Vice versa.
2017-3-6
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227585 ft
United States

Wilddeer Posted at 2017-2-14 21:23
Had the Mavic a week its perfect! I just flew 4000ft away and it performed flawless

now is that 4000 feet open air, or in an urban environment, I'm just worried about all the interference from buildings and what not.
2017-3-6
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

100% Satisfied with the product and the customer service. Cannot ask for more!
2017-3-6
Use props
Fried Toast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913802 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Unfortunately, can't say I'm in the 99%.

Two Mavics.
First, losing connectivity (~10 ft. away!), battery errors, firmware error (after having updated!) and ultimately, a VPS error that resulted in a crash. That Mavic's still in the shop w/ DJI.
Second, VPS issues and a firmware error (on trying to use one of the first Mavic's batteries- however, nothing for it to upgrade when attempted- says up to date).

I was hopeful that the first Mavic's problems were a one-off, but the second Mavic's issues (seems to be better after a VPS calibration) have me a bit on edge. A third Mavic should have arrived at work, so I'm hoping that one will be a bit less stressful out of the box. A couple times, the errors have made me put the bird down right in front of a client. It doesn't help business with that happening.

Not sure what kind of percentage I would put on this. Certainly not in the 99%. I *want* to be in the 99%, but so far, I'm reluctant. Such great promise, but so far the problems while on the job are hindering my opinion of it.
2017-3-14
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

I'd say I'm 95%+ satisfied.  My only complaint is with achieving sharp focus in low light conditions.  Other than this the Mavic rocks.
2017-3-14
Use props
Heaven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 841391 ft
Brazil

I'm learning, right at the beginning, but so far so good. One should take care of the direction of the wind, the place of flight and pilot with care.
2017-4-11
Use props
Lesani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 618307 ft
Austria

81.4% Satisfied. My gimbal has lots of issues when switching from a warm to a cold environment without letting it acclimatize for 30-40mins minimum, but the shots I got so far are pretty decent anyways.

After acclimatization or when its warm outside anyways that little beast is amazing!
The "mountain" shots in the linked video were made at very strong non-laminar winds, at times the wind was stronger than it could fly forward without sports mode!

2017-4-11
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

90%.  Not perfect yet.  App crashing 10 to 15 min into every flight and and possible soft image issue that may need repair.  

New firmware is out so I might need to test that before I up my rating.
2017-4-11
Use props
TheWolfen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167782 ft
United States

I'm at 100% so far. However I have only flown about 2.5 hours total as a new pilot. I'm loving it so far, though and have had zero issues.

I've been taking it slow due to having weird problems with my previous uav (Blade Chroma). Yesterday I hit sport mode for the first time and over 42mph! This thing really moves! I also took it out the furthest yet at over 2000 feet. Not far by Mavic standards. I was curious to see if the slightly directional nature of the signal would be impacted by turning away from the Mavic but the signal stayed strong throughout!

Can't wait for my next flight!
2017-4-11
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

100% happy with it. The only problems I'm having is with myself and my confidence level. I'm still taking baby steps but mainly because I haven't had the time to fly a lot yet. The Mavic has been faultless so far. Personally, I remain amazed at the level of technology in this thing. I just need to catch up to it.
2017-4-11
Use props
Razzor
New
United States

Had Mavic pro 4 weeks,    Many flights. All great.  Suggest Utube help videos, they are extremely helpful
2017-4-11
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

If the app didn't crash and it didn't constantly disconnect - I'd be 100%. When things work, it's an amazing experience. Having this drone has gotten me a bit more motivated to explore. The bonus is that my wife thinks this hobby is ridiculous - so constantly telling her my flight level, and that I’m a professional registered member of the FAA makes her eyes roll.
2017-4-11
Use props
kepilla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251283 ft
Spain

99,999% happy with it
2017-4-11
Use props
74260Z
lvl.2
United States

JimmyC Posted at 2017-2-14 18:02
Mine has been trouble free and flys great. May be a slight blurry on right side. I've been using basic auto focus and need to learn camera settings which I'm doing now.

[/img]

Beautiful Vega. I have a 71 that i found in a barn for 300 bucks. it too is caged, tubbed, lexsan all windows. Have a 71 454 BBC with dual carbs about to go in it.  Oh and of coures my Mavic has been Perfect so far. Love it!!
2017-4-24
Use props
fans04099d0a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99695 ft
New Zealand

7Hr 28Min 100% satisfied. Done every firmware update without problem - from app on iPhone 6
2017-4-24
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

No problem here so far. Had bring the drone to Iceland, Netherland and Australia fly without problem. Just use some common sense and fly in open area would be fine. Most crashed I saw are flying near high rise building and going through forest which is risky in my book.
To reduce frustration, I use an iPhone. Lot's of complain come from Android user.
2017-4-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problems here, on latest .600 firmware, Go4 etc, iPad mini 4 8hrs flying 8km flown no crashes!
2017-4-24
Use props
jameswan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52405 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Had the mavic since Jan. Crash once due to my fault. First time owning a pro drone. 100% happy with it. Found out that I can even throw out the drone after starting the propeller and it will hover in place.
2017-4-24
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

1 month with Mavic.

I'd say I'm 95% percent satisfied. And my problem mostly with DJI Go 4 crashing, not Mavic itself. The only problem with Mavic I had was gimbal roll and horizontal drift after .600 update, but simple gimbal calibration fixed it. I like my Mavic very much, and really hope that one day DJI Go 4 would be fixed too.
2017-4-25
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

I am 110% satisfied as it is even better than I had expected. It is drop dead simple to fly safely, the Intelligent Flight modes allow for some excellent shots, and most of all, I love the portability. The build quality is evident as soon as you have it in your hand. I love my Mavic!
2017-4-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-14 17:16
Loving it at 37 flights, 6.5 hours of flying time so far. The toolset is deep and there's a lot for me to learn still about advanced functionality, what works best for the kind of photography I want to take, etc.

Just wanted to post an update -- now 22 hours in with 101 flights, still loving it (and still learning how best to use it)!

I'm flying with an iPhone 7 and have updated with every firmware release. Zero app crashes. Very happy customer, here.
2017-4-25
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

Great device and no functional issues so far, Only thing really driving me crazy is the gimbal control is inverted!! thus only 90%
2017-4-25
Use props
keon718nyc
lvl.1
United States

Bought a Ipad mini 4 with cell and have 0 issues with the Mavic. 95% happy and only my android device gave me any issues but all good in the woods now!!!
2017-4-25
Use props
Irish_mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107434 ft
United Kingdom

Only had it for 4 days but flights everyday and so far not a single problem. Iphone 6 and none of the issues people seem to be finding with the .600 firmware. Just need to get my confidence up now!
2017-4-25
Use props
Greymonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692126 ft
United Kingdom

Yes my friend. My first drone, made a couple of newbie errors but to date have had no breakages, crashes or incidents to speak of. I put it down to reading the forum issues that have resolved a lot of the questions I was asking myself and made me a better and confident pilot. Never flown indoors, without good gps, when too windy or around obstacles. Respected the laws on height, (oops may have gone a little further than I should have), and taken care not to annoy anyone. Lucky as I have a lot of open space where I live so radio interference etc hasn't been a problem as yet. Also only ever calibrated stuff once in the beginning and done all the firmware updates when they came out. Had mine delivered in December just before Xmas and absolutely chuffed with it so far. Have fun and take it step by step is what I would say
2017-4-25
Use props
theinstanic
New
Argentina

It seems like everybody it's having troubles but is not like that, people usually just write when they're having troubles but the dont do it when they're trully satisfied.
2017-4-25
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Still loving it. Wishing that now the hover problem is mostly fixed and Litchi's fully working again that they also address the less powerful controller signal introduced in .0600.
Other than those things, and hairline cracks up front which at least aren't getting bigger that I can see, the Mavic is a blast.

Trying to figure out ways to take it with me wherever I go.
2017-4-25
Use props
Tommyguns11
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5242769 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love my Mavic.  Hate DJI customer service.  It's a love/hate thing.
2017-4-25
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

LOVING IT SO FAR WHAT A MACHINE ;)
2017-4-25
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

This is a 99,9% TOP product!
and the rest 0,1% is to keep DJI alert so they don't fall asleep

2017-4-25
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

97% satisfied here.
2017-4-25
Use props
InvisibleElvis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3192 ft
Australia

100%
I love the thing, it feels like something out of a SciFi film.
2017-4-25
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Been flying a P3A for 12 months, with no issues, what a machine!
Ordered the Mavic pro bundle today.
JimmyC- Cool Vega, just don't see them anymore!
2017-6-26
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

95% satisfied Had camera blur on right side, but DJI quickly changed it and now everything is great. Flies like an eagle
2017-6-26
Use props
Reuuc
New
Flight distance : 161739 ft
United Kingdom

I don't have any reasons not to be 100% happy with mine
2017-6-26
Use props
ericmblog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27480 ft
United States

I love mine!

My only complaint so far has been that in the last day or two it seems like it has gotten squirrelly-ier. As in it doesn't hold it's position as well. Might need recalibrating, or might be a setting I changed.

Oh, and get some ND filters - huge improvement to video!
2017-6-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

loving my mavic - many hours of great fun for me - not without issues, nothing in life is - i will give it 92%.
2017-6-26
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

Horror stories came from regulations, restrictions and banning countries.    Besides that the devices works just great
2017-6-26
Use props
Mavic 007
lvl.2
United States

I got mine just before Thanksgiving last year, only used it about 10 times since then, but it has been trouble free. Used the Googles twice, and they appear trouble free as well.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules