dji go get gps coordinates
27175 14 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fabiodurgant
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi, I want to get the GPS coordinates at the current time the phanton finds itself, how can I do this ??? I read in the other posts that recording video with legend, in the video shows altitude gps, this is possible how I can do it ????how the GPS coordinates in the photo by taking a photo about the place I want to know the coordinates how to do ???
Or show the GPS coordinates in the photo by taking a photo about the place I want to know the coordinates how to do ???

2017-2-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The GPS co-ordinates are displayed in the flight record if that is of any use to you, the flight record is displayed in DJI Go. From the main screen ('Equipment' page, where you select aircraft) tap on the 'paper plane' icon on the top left of the screen, that should open up a list of flight records. Select the flight record you want to view, and playback record of you flight path. The GPS co-ordinates are displayed on the playback control panel.
2017-2-15
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

how can we share that info?? the full video not a picture??
2017-2-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Take a photo pointing the camera straight down at the point of interest.
The Exif data for each photo shows the GPS location.
2017-2-15
Use props
fabiodurgant
lvl.1

Brazil

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-15 07:06
Take a photo pointing the camera straight down at the point of interest.
The Exif data for each photo shows the GPS location.

But do I need to change some of the settings for the EXIF ​​data? Or just take the picture ???
2017-2-15
Use props
fabiodurgant
lvl.1

Brazil

How do I search this exif file ???
2017-2-15
Use props
fabiodurgant
lvl.1

Brazil

I discovered and just take a normal photo, right mouse button on properties, there appears the GPS coordinates

Now how do I do the video to show the coordinates in the video ???

2017-2-15
Use props
ModusRobotics
New

United States

I have a related problem.  With the Camera NADIR, I get the correct GPS coord... however, the EXIF field is in Local time from the Go APP.  We need the GPS time (1pps)?  Does anyone know how to find this and tag the photo or pull the log with this info??
2017-2-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ModusRobotics Posted at 2017-2-21 10:51
I have a related problem.  With the Camera NADIR, I get the correct GPS coord... however, the EXIF field is in Local time from the Go APP.  We need the GPS time (1pps)?  Does anyone know how to find this and tag the photo or pull the log with this info??

The time stamp in the Exif file is created by the camera - not the app.
The camera gets its time from GPS.
2017-2-21
Use props
fansfef258ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172976 ft
United States

I made a video and a document about how to get the GPS coordinates from DJI GO while in flight. It's a bit cumbersome, but works without landing.
Video:
Document: https://docs.google.com/document ... 25atKBns1xU0yjr2Ixk
2018-1-15
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

fabiodurgant Posted at 2017-2-15 14:37
I discovered and just take a normal photo, right mouse button on properties, there appears the GPS coordinates

Anyone ever figure out how to see the GPS coordinates from a frame in a video?
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_GyesNXTyb2u8
New

United States

FansFe…. Totally Killer.  Just what I was looking for.  AND way point?    YAAAAA... Now I can fly in, drop a radio, GPS a position, Send full size aircraft,,  Ground pounders.   Some dummy owes you there life.
2019-5-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

fabiodurgant Posted at 2017-2-15 14:37
I discovered and just take a normal photo, right mouse button on properties, there appears the GPS coordinates

You turn on the srt function ... this is the subtitle recording that puts telemetry data along the bottom of video when played back.

For Android :
Go to GO ... menu on the right hand side of screen ... setings ... video caption ON

that will then record an srt file ... with all the data you want.

If you want to embed the srt file into an edited video - for Youtube as example - you will need to download a small utility to do combine the srt and video file into one.
If you view the file as is on a TV or display - the srt file must be in same directory and have same name as the video file.

Note srt files can be edited in ASCII text editor such as Notepad ...
2019-5-7
Use props
fansb2d5af5c
lvl.1

Canada

fansfef258ba Posted at 2018-1-15 21:24
I made a video and a document about how to get the GPS coordinates from DJI GO while in flight. It's a bit cumbersome, but works without landing.
Video: https://youtu.be/QYy3eKGvYrM
Document: https://docs.google.com/document ... 25atKBns1xU0yjr2Ixk

it seems ackward to get those gps coordinate out of an image. Isn't there a way to have them displayed on the screen?

2nd question, what if the S&R team give the gps coordinate, is there a way for me to input those coordinate inside the app and let the drone fly right out to the victims?
2019-6-15
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Greece

solentlife Posted at 2019-5-7 02:51
You turn on the srt function ... this is the subtitle recording that puts telemetry data along the bottom of video when played back.

For Android :

Best solution. Thanks!
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules