2024 11 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

has phantoms similar failsafe if one motor lost?

2017-2-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No it doesn't.  Lose one motor and you lose your Phantom.
But it's very, very rare to lose a motor.
2017-2-15
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-15 07:04
No it doesn't.  Lose one motor and you lose your Phantom.
But it's very, very rare to lose a motor.

Are you sure? becouse i got hit  from another pilot that is it posible few days ago. So i try comfirm or disprove
2017-2-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Labroids is correct.  
2017-2-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dovivan Posted at 2017-2-15 07:25
Are you sure? becouse i got hit  from another pilot that is it posible few days ago. So i try comfirm or disprove

Yes, I'm sure - I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't.
Even if the Phantom had enough thrust from three motors it can't maintain stable flight and will spiral down with only three props spinning.
2017-2-15
Use props
James Patterson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1958638 ft
  • >>>
France

Its not possible on a phantom, maybe on other drones!
2017-2-15
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-15 07:34
Yes, I'm sure - I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't.
Even if the Phantom had enough thrust from three motors it can't maintain stable flight and will spiral down with only three props spinning.

i dont talking about stable fly. I think emergency lading.  look on this video. Phantom 2 has motor failure and try a compenzate  power. Phantom  "landed" safer like simply falls. And this is OLD P2

2017-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dovivan Posted at 2017-2-16 00:33
i dont talking about stable fly. I think emergency lading.  look on this video. Phantom 2 has motor failure and try a compenzate  power. Phantom  "landed" safer like simply falls. And this is OLD P2

That has one motor that coughs and splutters a bit but if you lose one motor, your Phantom goes down tumbling and spiralling out of control.
It has to have balanced symmetrical power to be able to fly.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are drones that could fly, after losing even two motors. But they cost many times more, than even the Inspire series.

This one frequently carries a $60,000 camera, so it must have a fail safe system, built in. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-16
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

very rare to get the prop off the phantom, because self tightening. I'm pretty sure that the go app would tell you a prop is lose when you press takeoff. I don't know though for sure. What I do know is that once you hit something with a prop or it flies off.... Let's hope you were not far from the ground...
2017-3-3
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Brayan2134 Posted at 2017-3-3 17:48
very rare to get the prop off the phantom, because self tightening. I'm pretty sure that the go app would tell you a prop is lose when you press takeoff. I don't know though for sure. What I do know is that once you hit something with a prop or it flies off.... Let's hope you were not far from the ground...

The Go app will not give your a heads up about a prop being lose. And even the self tightening feature can not always be counted on if a prop is not installed correctly in the first place. It's just a fail-safe, you still need to make sure your props are on tight.
2017-3-4
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Залишається сподіватися що пропелери не відлітатимуть у мене
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now