776 10 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Hi DJI team,
I ran into an issue with some of the intelligent flight modes, specifically Active Track. You can see from my illustration below where I lauched my drone at point A and started walking down to point B. Active Track stopped working with the error message being "Aircraft is too low". When I walked back up to point A and regained positive altitude Active Track would work again.

This was a real situation and here are the details. I walked up a sand dune and it was about 20m high at point A and lauched my drone. So it took point A as the base altitude. I wanted to do a side profile Active Track as I walked down the sand dune to point B where my Jeep is.

Is there a way to disable any settings so Active Track will still work in negative altitudes?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just simply make your starting point higher to compensate. It needs clear site to track you. It is like falling into a manhole.
2017-2-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-15 10:39
Just simply make your starting point higher to compensate. It needs clear site to track you. It is like falling into a manhole.

That isn't the issue. It is that the intelligent flight mode will not let you fly lower than a predetermined altitude. The OP wants the Mavic to ignore the take off altitude and let it fly below this altitude since he is traversing downhill.
2017-2-15
Use props
bzug2TRgThdF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330991 ft
Italy

Same problen with waypoints...
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-2-15 10:45
That isn't the issue. It is that the intelligent flight mode will not let you fly lower than a predetermined altitude. The OP wants the Mavic to ignore the take off altitude and let it fly below this altitude since he is traversing downhill.

Good explanation but the MP will track downward because I used it in ski slope, so again the MP needs to have CONSTANT LINE OF SIGHT to track the object so higher will have more visibility and it will track you downward but you can't dissappear on it.
2017-2-15
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-15 11:07
Good explanation but the MP will track downward because I used it in ski slope, so again the MP needs to have CONSTANT LINE OF SIGHT to track the object so higher will have more visibility and it will track you downward but you can't dissappear on it.

There is constant line of sight to me as I have the mavic track me. But the problem is that it stops once I go below the launch altitude. The error message I get states that I am too low.
2017-2-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wow , thought these issues were taken care of back at november time,  i seem to remember a chap flying from a balcony or something who had similar problems,  with unusual flight behavior when trying to fly lower than where he started?     
2017-2-15
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-15 15:10
wow , thought these issues were taken care of back at november time,  i seem to remember a chap flying from a balcony or something who had similar problems,  with unusual flight behavior when trying to fly lower than where he started?

I didn't have issues flying it manually. But the intellignet flight modes didn't work very well.
2017-2-15
Use props
Mavi A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498980 ft
United Kingdom

I know this doesn't solve the problem, but a work around would be to take off from the jeep, then walk and fly up the dune. Then active track back down to 0 altitude? It doesn't solve the problem but it would let you get the shot you wanted?
2017-2-15
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

Mavi A Posted at 2017-2-15 15:59
I know this doesn't solve the problem, but a work around would be to take off from the jeep, then walk and fly up the dune. Then active track back down to 0 altitude? It doesn't solve the problem but it would let you get the shot you wanted?

Yes it does. But it will be a good enhancement if the engineers can think of a way to solve this. I will be sure to keep the negative altitude in mind next time.

I didn't want to walk back up the dune. The sand was fine so I was losing a half step every time I took a step.
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-2-15 17:06
Yes it does. But it will be a good enhancement if the engineers can think of a way to solve this. I will be sure to keep the negative altitude in mind next time.

I didn't want to walk back up the dune. The sand was fine so I was losing a half step every time I took a step.

Come on a little extra step never hurt anyone!!!
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules