Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV reception problems with Go App v3.1.3 on an android tablet
4097 22 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Perhaps someone can help. Since the recent updates I no longer have reliable FPV video for my P3P on a NEXUS 9 Android tablet (Android Nougat 7.1.1). The current DJI GO App is v3.1.3. The firmware is v1.10.90 and the RC controller is running v1.8.0. The attached photo from v3.1.2 shows the typical blotchy FPV video disturbed with bands of noise. What I have observed is that this condition is intermittent. If the GO App is closed and restarted, occasionally I get stable video (example: FPV stable over a 7 minute test flight, and then dropping back to noise bands at landing). Checking the tablet’s “Developer options” I discovered that the USB mode automatically switches from “MTP” to “charging” when the GO App is opened. Forcing the USB mode back to MTP closes the GO App. The tablet is in “Airplane” mode and no background processes are allowed. It is unclear if this is a software or RC controller hardware issue. I have even tried changing the USB cable between the RC controller and the tablet with no improvement. The P3P has logged nearly 50 hours of flight with previously good FPV reception using the same Android tablet (up to DJI GO v2.9.1). Incidentally video taken on the Phantom’s SD card is fine. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Screenshot_20170208.jpg
2017-2-15
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Just about everyone had a problem with the RC on 1.8. Most of us rolled it back to 1.6 and problem was fixed...try it..you have nothing to lose!! Cheers mate.
2017-2-15
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Q: How come your app is showing "Google" maps!? and not "Here" maps if your on the latest Go app 3.1.2? - Looks like a mixed software.
2017-2-15
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-2-15 22:44
Q: How come your app is showing "Google" maps!? and not "Here" maps if your on the latest Go app 3.1.2? - Looks like a mixed software.

It is rather strange; occasionally it shows "Here" maps, then on next start up shows "Google" maps.
2017-2-16
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-15 22:17
Just about everyone had a problem with the RC on 1.8. Most of us rolled it back to 1.6 and problem was fixed...try it..you have nothing to lose!! Cheers mate.

Thanks for the suggestion; I have downgraded to v1.6.0. Big improvement! I made a number of restarts to see if things are stable; FPV reception looks fine indoors. I will try this in flight once the weather permits.
2017-2-16
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-15 22:17

Just back from a fairly long test flight of the P3P with the downgraded v1.6.0 RC controller software. This version works for me! FPV video reception is again good with no noise bands and no significant lagging. Again thanks for the suggestion.
2017-2-16
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-2-15 22:44

After some checks it seems that I load "Here" maps when the tablet is connected with Wifi. These swap to "Google" maps when I'm in "Airplane" mode for flying.
2017-2-16
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79738 ft
United States

Newbie here......how does one "roll back" to an earlier version of the RC firmware?
2017-2-16
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

Yes can someone please explain how you roll back to 1.6??  I am having this issue and its a huge problem for me right now to the point I caint use my drone.  
2017-2-16
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.1
United States

Same here.  With the current RC, it's useless and i can't fly at all.
2017-2-16
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-2-16 06:45
Yes can someone please explain how you roll back to 1.6??  I am having this issue and its a huge problem for me right now to the point I caint use my drone.

Its rather simple to downgrade. Here's what to do:
1) connect your RC controller to the tablet and switch it on (aircraft should be off throughout the process).
2) Press for 5 seconds on the menu icon at the upper right corner of the DJO GO app equipment page (see 1st screen image below).
3) This will open a new page which will allow you to select the RC controller firmware version you want to use (see 2nd screen image below).
4) Download the version you want (you need WiFi open for this).
5) Then once downloaded, proceed to "Start upgrade" (this takes about 10 minutes, do not power off during this phase).
You will need to turn off and restart the RC controller after this to use it. You will of course now get warnings about updating firmware which you can ignore.
Have fun & good flying!

RC controller version - img1.jpg RC controller version - img2.jpg
2017-2-16
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Australia

johnsr Posted at 2017-2-16 04:47
Just back from a fairly long test flight of the P3P with the downgraded v1.6.0 RC controller software. This version works for me! FPV video reception is again good with no noise bands and no significant lagging. Again thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers mate !!
2017-2-16
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

Thanks a lot I will try this when I get home  and let you know if this fixes the problem.
2017-2-16
Use props
Benjamin Watson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42864 ft
Denmark

I´ve had that same problem. But mine was also loosing the video link all the time.
tried a lot of different devices, both android and IOS and had the same problem.
I ended up calibrating the MUI, running the newest FW again and now it works for me with v.1.8.

Glad you got it working no matter what :-)
2017-2-16
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

Below are videos of the issue Im having hopefully reverting back to 1.6 will help, as you can see the live feed is really choppy and laggy and at one point I lost transmission.  

2017-2-16
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.1
United States

OK...thanks for the information.  I was able to successfully fall-back to 1.6 on the RC, but it didn't in any way solve my 5-8 second video lag.  I've had situations where I've landed the drone, walked-up to it, and turned it off, however, the video on my iPhone connected to the controller still shows it flying and then I can see it come down, etc.  It's absolutely impossible to fly when the video is running 5-8 seconds behind what is happening in reality.

I'm at a loss at this point.
2017-2-16
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Australia

ICHAWKEYE Posted at 2017-2-16 13:25
OK...thanks for the information.  I was able to successfully fall-back to 1.6 on the RC, but it didn't in any way solve my 5-8 second video lag.  I've had situations where I've landed the drone, walked-up to it, and turned it off, however, the video on my iPhone connected to the controller still shows it flying and then I can see it come down, etc.  It's absolutely impossible to fly when the video is running 5-8 seconds behind what is happening in reality.

Mate are you sure your phones got enough grunt to run the Go App. You need plenty of processing power and RAM to run the app....1 gig minimum. Have you tried another tablet/phone??
2017-2-16
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

ICHAWKEYE Posted at 2017-2-16 13:25

Not sure about an iphone, but for android tablets you generally need to clean things up to reduce video lag, like: do not cache real-time video, logger buffer size at least 1M, no background app running, no play app auto updating, force GPU rendering, etc. This usually brings things down to about 0.2 to 0.5 seconds lag. Hope that helps.
2017-2-17
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.1
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-16 23:12
Mate are you sure your phones got enough grunt to run the Go App. You need plenty of processing power and RAM to run the app....1 gig minimum. Have you tried another tablet/phone??

I'm using a brand new iPhone 7 so I don't believe that is the issue, or I hope not anyway.
2017-2-17
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

I downgraded the RC back to 1.6  and everything is back to normal,   thanks alot I been searching thru all the fourms I could not find a solution,  
2017-2-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Australia

ICHAWKEYE Posted at 2017-2-17 05:13
I'm using a brand new iPhone 7 so I don't believe that is the issue, or I hope not anyway.

Have you tried another phone/tablet ??/cable??
2017-2-18
Use props
johnsr
Captain
France

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-2-18 10:59
I downgraded the RC back to 1.6  and everything is back to normal,   thanks alot I been searching thru all the fourms I could not find a solution,

Glad that helped.
Have fun & good flying!
2017-2-19
Use props
Peo
Captain
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

johnsr Posted at 2017-2-19 02:29
Glad that helped.
Have fun & good flying!

Yaaaaa Thanks Johnsr