Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera, GPS, Battery does not show on screen
1710 9 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans030dd3ac
lvl.1
United States

I haven't flown my Phantom 2 Vision Plus for about 6 months now and upon taking my aircraft out to fly, the aircraft powered up as normal.  I turn on the tablet that I have used for over 60 hours of flight with this aircraft, connect the wifi from the phantom through the app.  The app is the most updated I can get for the Vision Plus.  I show I have good wifi signal, and the screen shows the FPV perfect from the camera.  Within the APP, I do not get data for the SD card inserted, GPS signal or battery information.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  I am thinking it is going to be the Wifi Signal Transmission Module but not sure.  Is there a way I can trouble shoot this issue without replacing parts?  Thanks for any advise.
2017-2-15
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

With everything connected, go to the app and select the "about" page, that will list all the firmware, then check if it is all the last version on the DJI Vision Plus web page, including the camera firmware.
My guess is it will be a firmware mismatch of some kind.
2017-2-15
Use props
Standard3Phanto
New

Netherlands

I'v got the same problem on my phantom 3 STANDARD

It crashed from 40 meters. When I turn on the drone and the remote I can connect with the DJI go app. It shows the green 'camera' button to connect to the drone. But when in the app, it doesn't show any video signal, no metrics, no battery info, no nothing...
I can turn on the props with the remote, so there is an RC signal, but the wifi link which holds the video signal seems to be missing.
Status led of the remote stays red.

Tried to do a firmware downgrade/upgrade through SD card, but it fails.

Any suggestions
2017-2-15
Use props
fans030dd3ac
lvl.1
United States

This is the data it has on the about page
2017-2-15
Use props
fans030dd3ac
lvl.1
United States

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-15 11:19
With everything connected, go to the app and select the "about" page, that will list all the firmware, then check if it is all the last version on the DJI Vision Plus web page, including the camera firmware.
My guess is it will be a firmware mismatch of some kind.

This is the data it has on the about page
20170215_1426081.jpg
2017-2-15
Use props
fans030dd3ac
lvl.1
United States

I was wrong though, the camera video feed does not show on the screen.  It shows I have full bar wifi signal, 100 % battery life on wifi extender, but nothing else
2017-2-15
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It should show the NAZA and camera version in the app, are you sure you did this with the Phantom on ?
2017-2-15
Use props
fans030dd3ac
lvl.1
United States

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-15 15:04
It should show the NAZA and camera version in the app, are you sure you did this with the Phantom on ?

Yes I'm sure the phantom was on.  This is telling me I have a bad Wifi Transmission Module.  What you think?
2017-2-15
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It does seem that way, although the people having problems with the camera view not working normally still have communication with the phantom for all the other telemetry and show the NAZA and camera version in the app.
The internal Wi-Fi unit does handle both video and telemetry so unless its a cable connection issue I would assume its faulty.
I would check the 3 White plugs from the gimbal first, then open up the Phantom and check the connections to the Wi-Fi module.
Apart from that your only option if you don't have a local repair shop is to contact DJI support and send it in for diagnosis and repair, or put the money towards a new drone.

My 2014 V+ has never let me down, and I gave it to my brother-in-law for Christmas as my Mavic made the V+ redundant, he downloaded the vision app and was up and flying in minutes with no problems.
2017-2-15
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Look at the 3 grey cables that connect to the Gimbal board. Unplug all 3 and inspect. Make sure they are not damaged or frayed. Once inspected, insert and make sure they are seated firmly. The culprit cable is usually the 4pin one that clips onto the gimbal board.
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules