Phantom 3 Black(ish) cover on video
906 13 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ElLioT77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316706 ft
United Kingdom

Hi i recently got a new phone which i used with my phantom 3, Standard to be exact. I went out and used it for some mapping on a feild which worked fine and all the images came out fine (The app, DroneDeploy, has a small area which shows you a live feed, it all came out fine as usual) But when i used the DJI app it has this blackish, i guess kind of a shade over the livefeed which also comes out on the video's and photo's.

Capture from the video

Capture from the video

The day at this time was fully lit so...
Untitled.jpg
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you have it on AUTO or MANUAL setting?
2017-2-15
Use props
ElLioT77
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If you are referring to the picture mode it was like this in auto and in the manual mode
2017-2-15
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Are these pictures from the SD card in the camera on your P3, or taken from your phone/tablet you flew with? Reason I ask is that if from your phone then they are a lesser resolution than the shots from the SD card, 720i or less I think.
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

THe camera is way -under-exposed, either that or you have a filter on the lens. Try using manual exposure and open it up. You can do this on the ground, you don't need to be flying.
2017-2-15
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

I might be doing this totally wrong  here but I just tap on the dark area and an orange circle appears which then sets the exposure correctly for that dark area rather than an average for the whole picture. I then click the lock exposure icon and these areas stay exposed correctly.  Obviously, the lighter sky is  then over-exposed but I guess that doesn't matter
2017-2-15
Use props
ElLioT77
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok i have been taking some photos with it sat inside beside me on the desk. I see the exposure thing which i have played around with but nothing changes when i move it. I found this in the photos bellow. The brighter one is with HDR on and the darker one is with it off... (Also the photos are from the sd card not the phone - The setting was at 2.7 K for the above captuyre but the 2 bellow are at 1080p

HDR

HDR

Normal

Normal

2017-2-16
Use props
ElLioT77
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok sorry, to add to what i have said i researched manual exposure on the forum and came up with tapping the 3 lines bellow the shutter button which have an ISO, Shutter and EV settings. When i change the  EV setting it brightens the photo so i imagine that my new phone had it at i different setting. I will have to wait until tomorrow in daylight to see if this was the problem but i will post saying if it worked.
2017-2-16
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

On the same subject...................... what exactly does the EV setting for?  Is it meant as a way to lighten or darken pictures if you're not happy with the way the automatic exposure is setting things up?
2017-2-16
Use props
ElLioT77
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I would assume i guess i can try this afternoon and have a look at the results
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ElLioT77 Posted at 2017-2-17 00:26
I would assume i guess i can try this afternoon and have a look at the results

Please keep us posted.
2017-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-16 11:30
On the same subject...................... what exactly does the EV setting for?  Is it meant as a way to lighten or darken pictures if you're not happy with the way the automatic exposure is setting things up?

EV means Exposure Value. The idea is to get it near to zero and the image will be correctly exposed. It can be very useful in setting the correct exposure in bright conditions with an ND filter in place.
2017-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ElLioT77 Posted at 2017-2-16 10:52
Ok sorry, to add to what i have said i researched manual exposure on the forum and came up with tapping the 3 lines bellow the shutter button which have an ISO, Shutter and EV settings. When i change the  EV setting it brightens the photo so i imagine that my new phone had it at i different setting. I will have to wait until tomorrow in daylight to see if this was the problem but i will post saying if it worked.

I think you really need to read the manual, especially the section with regard to camera settings.
2017-2-19
Use props
FalsePhoenix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry, been ages since ive been on the fourm. If i remember right to fix it i found the contrast of the image was at its lowest + being on automatic. Changing it manually seemed to work though!
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules