Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Series - Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit
123Next >
29815 98 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Picture5.png

Hey everyone,

I wanted to bring your attention to an accessory that we've recently introduced.

medium_c0a6b9fd-d77d-4966-8687-7af8ae301121.jpg
Today, the industrial application of drones requires more than a just flying platform. Thanks to the leading technology of DJI drones, industrial users are able to integrate their DJI drones with third-party modules, develop more functions to meet their needs, and make drone operation easier even for industrial use.
In the public safety sector, drones, with their maneuverability and flexibility, can substitute for manpower to get to areas with little access and drop relief supplies such as medicine, food and first-aid tools to a designated point.

The Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit has eight switches and knobs available for each able to be mapped to its own channel, making the control of non-DJI modules easier and creates an integrated solution for industrial drone application.

Then mount the Channel Expansion Module on the handle of the remote controller. Finally, finish channel mapping in DJI Assistant 2 to set up control of third-party modules. (Detailed
mounting instructions please refer to the User Guide of Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit.) Below is how the RC looks like when finishing installation.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 11.46.35 AM.png

First, connect M600 Pro to a PC and enter DJI Assistant 2. Click “Tool” on the left of the interface and enter “Function Channel” page to customize the control function of F3-F8 Channel based on personal operation habits and which port(s) on the flight controller is connecting with the third-party module.Note the Assistant 2 screenshots below.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Now you can use the Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit to control third-party modules!      
Picture1.png
medium_b868c0e7-2ec9-4923-8b58-c43c505d20de.jpg
medium_af005657-924f-4111-91be-9178da67ce0d.jpg
medium_ad9b7df8-280b-4374-ab6a-f06aed615dd5.jpg
medium_149ffd2b-6442-4865-b1ab-4d5eea4a1654.jpg
medium_24f77b36-4d87-4075-ab02-9e5460511e1b.jpg
2017-2-15
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello, are you able to point out the location of the " User Guide of Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit." thank you
2017-2-15
Use props
zerubeusy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108547 ft

United Kingdom

can we use this with P4P RC ?
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-15 13:08
Hello, are you able to point out the location of the " User Guide of Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit." thank you

Let me know if you can successfully access this.

DJI M600 Series RC channel expansion kit Manual_EN_CN[1].pdf

2.04 MB, Down times: 292

2017-2-16
Use props
uvichlrg
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-16 09:17
Let me know if you can successfully access this.

I am unable to download this attachment.
2017-2-16
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

No luck either!
Skærmbillede 1.png
2017-2-16
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

Well trying again it worked!
2017-2-16
Use props
Sword
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1476 ft
Hong Kong

So great, we can get more function with it!
2017-2-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I think this calls for a setup of the A3 instruction vid because not many folks will have the in depth knowledge to implement this. Maybe that self regulates the usage and minimises the issues?

ricci
2017-2-17
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Dear DJI, why should we pay for something that should have worked from the start? The port mapping on the A2 worked out of the box!
2017-2-17
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jesper J Posted at 2017-2-17 13:32
Dear DJI, why should we pay for something that should have worked from the start? The port mapping on the A2 worked out of the box!

I agree, have been duped!
DJI promised F port function on launch of the A3 with no mention of extra hardware. Even throughout  2016, when you look at all the posts on this subject, there has been no mention of a hardware addition to make this function work.
We have always been led to believe that this is a Firmware upgrade and not a hardware issue. You even told us in around November last year that the new firmware was 'in testing'.
We then get the announcement that there is an expansion kit which needs to be purchased in order for the advertised  functions to work.
DJI must have known this when the A3 was launched but instead of being up front and honest, they have continued to lie, both to you and all the members of this forum for nearly a year now.
DJI are guilty of obtaining money under false pretences (FRAUD) and misrepresentation.
Even now it is not clear to potential purchasers what the extreme limitations of the A3 are, so they continue, unchallenged, to give false and misleading information.
The arrogance and dishonesty of this company  continues to amaze me, and the fact that they have not been held to account for this corrupt practice astounds me!
I guess that some form of compensation is out of the question as the treatment of M600 owners illustrated?
DJI's deceitful commercial practices  make the dishonesty of Volkswagen look insignificant by scale and they were fined billions!
2017-2-18
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

I support the previous opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WHY i need pay additional money for F-PORT ? also A3 and N3 at last firmware cant control GEAR!!!! DJI repair GEAR!!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hi all,
I think we are forgetting one aspect to DJI and that is they are a Chinese company and operate on a completely different set of rules to most of the world, they just do things differently, thats not a derogatory statement just observation, so fitting in with the expectations we have of a company will not happen any time soon I believe. I have spent much time in China and I have to say I am enthralled and appalled in the same breath, the people and industry is amazing but the politics are pants in my opinion. In another post, there were reported a handful of m100 runaways, which caused the CAA to be informed of the safety issue because that's the correct thing to do when you operate on a commercial front and the result was zero according to the thread. You might of thought if a Civil aviation authority knew a product was suspect and a danger to life a company would be concerned, apparently not.  The next time DJI are at a big drone event people should ask questions.
All that being said the products are good and streets ahead of the competitors so far, which we should be thankful for really because the route I progressed through was slow and sometimes very painful, I am talking about programming your adreno,  finding the best esc, and sorting the pid settings, then tweaking the gimbal pid settings and finding transmitters that worked, ect,ect.. If you did not come through this route you should know where we are today with DJI is so much better.
DJI, I think you should know being open with your clients is a positive thing, because it for one, buys you time to fix things and wins trust and loyalty, because humans are fickle bunch of purchasers. The world is a changing, and the people of this affluent planet want more from companies than new gimmicks, they want communication and backup, we are a world of communicators and you are not fitting in with your old fashioned ethics, this is 2017 not 1817, ironic since most of the worlds communication electronics are made in China. once again DJI if you are listening great products but back them up with people who can say oops we need to sort that, sorry and you will stay ahead of the crowd!!
These are my opinions and observations and I will continue to use My M600 in the hope communication is not just for the put upon forum admins to front..
ricci
2017-2-18
Use props
YOO SANG OH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193294 ft
South Korea

DJI is crazy at money
DJI think only money~Not user
2017-2-18
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

I agree, this is crazy. Why can't these ports be triggered over the app or with existing buttons on the ground unit?
EDIT: $219 for this add-on unit?????? Get stuffed.
2017-2-19
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Im looking for alternatives, by principal, im not buying this expansion kit! Even if another solution may cost twice the money, we were promised that the F-port would work according to the manual, and when cornering DJI about this false information in the manual, they promised that it will be done available "very soon", but nothing happend, until they had an expansion kit they could sell, funny!

They should offer all existing A3 and M600 customers this add-on for free, or as someone mentions, make the functions available through the DJI GO App.

STOP MILKING YOUR CLIENTS FOR MONEY LIKE THIS.
2017-2-20
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jesper J Posted at 2017-2-20 01:28
Im looking for alternatives, by principal, im not buying this expansion kit! Even if another solution may cost twice the money, we were promised that the F-port would work according to the manual, and when cornering DJI about this false information in the manual, they promised that it will be done available "very soon", but nothing happend, until they had an expansion kit they could sell, funny!

They should offer all existing A3 and M600 customers this add-on for free, or as someone mentions, make the functions available through the DJI GO App.

I'm with you, I will not buy it out of principal as I hate being treated in this way.
DJI are just bandits.
2017-2-21
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, the way I see it, DJI has a monopoly. There's no way around this if you want to use the F-Ports. I doubt they will release an update that makes them functional through existing buttons on the controller. One job with our M600's has the ability to pay for 10 of these, so I don't see it as a huge expense given the features it adds.  

The shutter button however, DOES function when you assign it to an F-Port. So if you're like me, and you have a FLIR Vue Pro R Thermal camera mounted on top of your M600, a Z30 on the bottom,  and want to operate both of their shutter's at the same time, you can certainly use one of the F-ports to act as a PWM input for the Vue (or other camera).
I have one on order, simply because I'd like to be able to use more of the PWM inputs to my FLIR camera, like changing the pallet or zooming, or also controlling a simple GoPro/Mobius connected to a PWM analog video switcher, to toggle between the FLIR camera and a GoPro/Mobius as my FPV camera.  There's at least 6 different features I can think of for using this module with the F-Ports of my A3, way out of the scope of the standard controller's existing buttons.

For those that just need a single PWM output, connect up to DJI Assistant, and assign a "Shutter" channel. For those like me that need more, get this module.

For those feeling even more adventurous, pull power from an F-Port to power a 3rd party reciever, such as a Futaba, Spektrum, Graupner, FRSky, and use a second transmitter to operate 3rd party Gimbals, PWM controlled features, etc.  This is how I used to do it, and never had any issues.
2017-2-21
Use props
ModusRobotics
New

United States

I use a separate controller for my additions but it is impossible to fly without a sensor operator.  Sad the DJI has to sell and add-on for what the rest of the industry has standard..
2017-2-21
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well, to be fair, the M600 is like the M100, a base plate for custom equipment. For more integrated solutions, DJI will build a client a custom copter with any integration the customer requires...but it's priced accordingly.  
For more specific applications, there is the DJI Wind, MG-1, and (unreleased). These can be ordered for more specific applications.

Ideally and legally (US), there should be at least 2 operators for M600 operations anyways. So my second operators have no issue running a controller with many functions, just as I have the huge responsibility of flying safely.

Modus, what industry facilitator are you referring to that has full integration at this price point?
2017-2-21
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quadrocopter Posted at 2017-2-21 10:07
Well, the way I see it, DJI has a monopoly. There's no way around this if you want to use the F-Ports. I doubt they will release an update that makes them functional through existing buttons on the controller. One job with our M600's has the ability to pay for 10 of these, so I don't see it as a huge expense given the features it adds.  

The shutter button however, DOES function when you assign it to an F-Port. So if you're like me, and you have a FLIR Vue Pro R Thermal camera mounted on top of your M600, a Z30 on the bottom,  and want to operate both of their shutter's at the same time, you can certainly use one of the F-ports to act as a PWM input for the Vue (or other camera).

Hi,
I fly with GH4 which assigns itself to the shutter button on the Ground Station by default.
I need a shutter release  operated on the Video button on the Ground Station?
Can this be mapped? You seem to have a better knowledge than me on this subject.
2017-2-22
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Is this with the GH4 Zenmuse  Z15 Gimbal? You should still be able to record video with the Z15. I believe the camera has to be in "Video" mode, or "Creative Video". One of those two.

If I have to fly a large camera, or the project requires a specific camera, I use the Ronin MX, and Gentles cables.
For example, I'd use the gentWIRE-panaJK2.5 (151) cable,  (http://www.quadrocopter.com/gent ... oom-GH4_p_1364.html) and plug the leads into the Futaba R7008SB reciever that controls my Ronin, as well as gives me a few PWM ports to plug shutter's into. The whole camera/gimbal setup is then controlled with a Futaba 14SG controller that my second operator uses.

2017-2-23
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

Need to take out extra cash for a pro tech.. cool stuff.. cant wait to get it...
2017-2-23
Use props
Johann Mohr
lvl.1

Austria

Does the expansion Kit work together with Lightbridge2 and N3?
2017-2-24
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

Quadrocopter Posted at 2017-2-21 10:07

There are ways:

2017-2-25
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

it is not a way!!! - because it -is hack or mod . Once any buy this system then install to your copter , and Dji make new firmware and close this backdoor. So this mod only for creator of this mod.
DJI dont support this mod and if they whant just stop all functionatlity.
also thi mod can live but with may be only one firmware.. if possible to downgrade firmware to any version. i will buy this mod(hack)

in all other cases, it is waste of money
2017-2-26
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

They have been showing out of stock pretty much since they released it and no expected date -what gives DJI?
2017-2-26
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Germany

memo.problem Posted at 2017-2-26 02:10
it is not a way!!! - because it -is hack or mod . Once any buy this system then install to your copter , and Dji make new firmware and close this backdoor. So this mod only for creator of this mod.
DJI dont support this mod and if they whant just stop all functionatlity.
also thi mod can live but with may be only one firmware.. if possible to downgrade firmware to any version. i will buy this mod(hack)

This alternative approach is no hack or mod. It simply uses functions and interfaces provided and documented officially by DJI through their SDKs. If a new firmware would break the functionality, it would break documented functions also for any other app based on the SDKs.
2017-2-26
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

KopterKraft.com Posted at 2017-2-26 16:42
This alternative approach is no hack or mod. It simply uses functions and interfaces provided and documented officially by DJI through their SDKs. If a new firmware would break the functionality, it would break documented functions also for any other app based on the SDKs.

Ok. can i get you app and system setup ? i whant to buy or get free for test.. it is possible ?
2017-2-27
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Would be awesome if this little Pulsekraft Canbus converter box was compatible with the factory DJI apps previously developed. I'm assuming this simply reads the canbus protocols, which is interpreted in the box, and converted to PWM outputs and it's other features.

Kraft is correct in that if DJI released a patch, this would mess up all the SDK documentation because they'd literally have to rewrite the canbus structure to close off this mod. The Matrice series is meant for developers, and the Onboard and app programming is widely known and open for development, so I doubt this will be patched if it was possible.

But for customers that want, or require native functionality, whether it be preference or company policy, the expansion kit is the solution.
2017-2-28
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Germany

The PulseKraft solution does not read canbus protocols. It connects through the API port (which is an UART) that uses an "open protocol" documented by DJI. For further information the video shows a link at the end.
2017-2-28
Use props
CloudCopter.ch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377283 ft
Switzerland

When will it be available? Still out of stock in the DJI store
2017-3-3
Use props
autopiloton
lvl.2

United States

Does anybody know what the power ratings are for the F ports? What is the max amp rating for the F ports and do you need a BEC to power the rail similar to a pixhawk setup? Thanks
2017-3-4
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI -= why just 'out of stock' on website? What is the expected date they will be available again?

Can you give us 'some' idea of when they will be available? Days, weeks, months?
2017-3-10
Use props
SGsoar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1624364 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this set up on an m600 pro. It's not currently working on the newest firmware.

Do we need another update?

APP: 3.1.5
Aircraft: 1.0.0.80
RC: 1.2.00
LB2 air: 1.1.50

UPDATE: Tested F1-F8 with a multimeter and there is no voltage coming out of the A3 on any channel. The signal is working however.
2017-3-13
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI -= why just 'out of stock' on website? What is the expected date they will be available again?

Can you give us 'some' idea of when they will be available? Days, weeks, months?
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-3-15 10:34

Hazard, I'm not sure what the situation is, but have inquired with the team to try to get an answer asap.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansbf858813
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152060 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-15 10:38
Hazard, I'm not sure what the situation is, but have inquired with the team to try to get an answer asap.

Yes please do Joe... I put an order in for one on February 16th and mine still hasn't shipped.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansbf858813
lvl.2
United States

Hello? Days go by, still no answers... Is it really so hard for DJI to function?
2017-3-17
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
United States

Bump for answers... where is the channel expansion kit?
2017-3-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules