Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Series - Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit
29464 98 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyguide
lvl.1

Switzerland

Still in the store: https://m.dji.com/product/matrice-600-series-remote-controller-channel-expansion-kit

I recommend ordering somewhere else. Reseller have in stock now. DJI is unable to send them directly...
2017-5-22
Use props
nil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

BuffaloJustin Posted at 2017-4-30 12:32
A warning to anyone looking at using this kit; at least for now, installing it will disable the picture-in-picture ability of LB2 when using an external HDMI monitor. I am awaiting clarification from DJI as to whether this is intentional and permanents, or just a firmware issue.

An other issue is a big lag in video transmission to the Dji Go app .  At the moment the lag on my unit  is so big it makes the video signal useless for proper use.  The video via external HDMI is fine, although you are loosing some picture adjustments you had before and as mentioned before, the picture in picture.
2017-5-23
Use props
Ryan C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167772 ft
Canada

BuffaloJustin Posted at 2017-4-30 12:32
A warning to anyone looking at using this kit; at least for now, installing it will disable the picture-in-picture ability of LB2 when using an external HDMI monitor. I am awaiting clarification from DJI as to whether this is intentional and permanents, or just a firmware issue.

I'm not just having problems with the PiP, but I can't even get the external monitor to work. The minute I plug in I lose signal with both the iPad and the monitor...
2017-5-26
Use props
TMZeke
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue with the expansion kit and bad video lag. I was out 300ft and the video was terrible even though it was indicating full strength video reception
2017-6-7
Use props
QBuKFmg3hDlT
New
United States

Quadrocopter Posted at 2017-2-21 10:07
Well, the way I see it, DJI has a monopoly. There's no way around this if you want to use the F-Ports. I doubt they will release an update that makes them functional through existing buttons on the controller. One job with our M600's has the ability to pay for 10 of these, so I don't see it as a huge expense given the features it adds.  

The shutter button however, DOES function when you assign it to an F-Port. So if you're like me, and you have a FLIR Vue Pro R Thermal camera mounted on top of your M600, a Z30 on the bottom,  and want to operate both of their shutter's at the same time, you can certainly use one of the F-ports to act as a PWM input for the Vue (or other camera).

You say the Shutter button works but we cant get it to function, tried every F port available on the A3 and cannot get anything to function. There isn't a voltage we can read coming out of any of those F ports unless we have to tun something else on. The Gent wire we have says less than 3v will not function. we have zip and funny enough it doesn't work.  Do we have to buy the expander to get the remote shutter to function then?
2017-6-30
Use props
nil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

The channel expansion kit doesn't give any voltage output on the f port to drive any equipment.  So if you need to run some equipment which  requires  some voltage you take the "signal" and "ground/minus" output from the f port and power ("plus and ground/minus" ) from an other power source.
2017-6-30
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

We have used this since it was released, but recently I have noticed a strange 'bug'.

We have it hooked up to a servo (he servo is powered seperately with 5v.)

Everything is on the latest firmwares (N3, LB2, APP).

When we power on the machine the servo powers on. When you flick the switch on the channel expansion kit the servo works as expected for maybe 2 or 3 times, then it stops and is no longer responsive.

In the N3 assistant I can see the channel react to the switch, but there is no reastion on the servo.

If I power down the machine and then power on again, the servo works (for 2 or 3 times) and then it stops again.

I have tried adjusting the settings in assistant 2. 50htz, 400 etc.... different end point settings etc. but no difference.

It always worked ok before I recently upgraded the LB2 and N3 firmwares.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas of how to resolve?

H
2017-7-4
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

Hazardpro1 Posted at 2017-7-4 01:36
We have used this since it was released, but recently I have noticed a strange 'bug'.

could you possibly show a diagram of it or maybe someone else could
That shows it from n3 a3 and so far to servo as I do not quite understand
power connection and then forward it
2017-8-21
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

Maybe you can help does not seem to others now it apparently

could you possibly show a diagram of it or maybe someone else could
That shows it from n3 a3 and so far to servo as I do not quite understand
power connection and then forward it
2017-8-22
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

ckk.post Posted at 2017-8-22 10:37
Maybe you can help does not seem to others now it apparently

people do not care and answer or do not know ??????????
2017-8-29
Use props
HELOUAV
lvl.1

United States

Quadrocopter Posted at 2017-2-21 10:07
Well, the way I see it, DJI has a monopoly. There's no way around this if you want to use the F-Ports. I doubt they will release an update that makes them functional through existing buttons on the controller. One job with our M600's has the ability to pay for 10 of these, so I don't see it as a huge expense given the features it adds.  

The shutter button however, DOES function when you assign it to an F-Port. So if you're like me, and you have a FLIR Vue Pro R Thermal camera mounted on top of your M600, a Z30 on the bottom,  and want to operate both of their shutter's at the same time, you can certainly use one of the F-ports to act as a PWM input for the Vue (or other camera).

Can you help explain the set up. I have a z30 and the vue pro r and can get the shutter to work on the vue . I also have the expansion kit and have assigned the s1-3 for tilt pan and mode. I just can't get the shutter to activate.
2017-10-9
Use props
HELOUAV
lvl.1

United States

HELOUAV Posted at 2017-10-9 10:43
Can you help explain the set up. I have a z30 and the vue pro r and can get the shutter to work on the vue . I also have the expansion kit and have assigned the s1-3 for tilt pan and mode. I just can't get the shutter to activate.

To clarify both mounted to matrice 600pro
2017-10-9
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I'm told by Flir directly, the firmware in the Vue has a bug that doesn't allow it to respond to the 10pin USB PWM signals correctly, therefore the two PWM features in the camera only work when using the white molex plug, and not the USB as well. This means shutter isn't operable when attached to common gimbals like the Feiyu Tech. I'm told they are going to fix this issue sometime later this year, and that their UAS team is busy with the new Duo Pro camera they just released.
2017-10-10
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I am new to using the Assistant 2 software and A3 FC. I recently bought Matrice 600 pro and the expansion kit. I have some LED lights on a DIY gimbal, controlled by a regular servo. It was easy to get the servo to function and I have mapped it to one of the rotating knobs. Now I need to map a Turnigy on/off switch that I have hooked up to F4 channel and want to operate with one of the 3-way switches. How do I know what function is assigned to which position? I want it to be OFF-OFF-ON. Does it have something to do with the "spray" settings?
2017-12-26
Use props
rge99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1944744 ft
United States

I have read through this thread and just want to confirm before purchasing that, the channel expansion will work with Lightbridge 2 remote  and N3 and DJI GO 4.

Also, does everyone recommend it for retracts and other aux functions

Thanks...
2018-3-28
Use props
T.Mendes
New

Portugal

Hi there,

I'm using a M600 (Remote Controller) Channel Expansion Kit and I'd like to know if there's any information regarding the disassembly of it.
Considering it is even possible to disassemble the CEK, I'd appreciate a lot any details you could give me regarding that matter.

Best regards!

2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-20
Use props
patiam