Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controls reversed after calibration
3059 4 2014-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yesterday I calibrated the controls on my Phantom 2, using the latest  version of PT2 software and after upgrading to the latest firmware.

Now I notice

- the controls (at least the left hand controller) appears reversed.  To start the engines I now have to push both levers up and out instead of in and down.
- to make the Phantom ascend, I have to pull the left hand lever towards me.  To descend I have to push it away.
- To turn off the engines I have to push the left hand lever away.
- Flipping the GPS switch several times does NOT put the Phantom 2 into compass calibration mode.

I haven't done a full flight: just a very short take-off and landing.  With the controls working differently to what I expected I didn't think a full flight was safe.

This is almost certainly USER error (i.e. me!)  However, having re-sone calibration with the same results, I can't see what I have done wrong.  I'd be grateful for comments.

BTW, this is the Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, not the Phantom 2 Vision.
2014-10-7
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

In the RC assistant you can click "Reverse" on the control for the stick.
Then recalibrate and all should be well again.
2014-10-7
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-7 18:31
In the RC assistant you can click "Reverse" on the control for the stick.
Then recalibrate and all s ...

Hmmm.

I can't see any "Reverse" option in the RC assistant.  Maybe I am being dense (quite possible) but I have looked several times.
2014-10-7
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

No its me that is being dense, try the PT2 assistant, I am sure there is the option to "reverse" controls in there somewhere......fingers crossed...
2014-10-7
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-7 19:25
No its me that is being dense, try the PT2 assistant, I am sure there is the option to "reverse" con ...

It is!  Thank you!
2014-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules