Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hi Yall. Just got my Mavic....
957 12 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 414249 ft
United States

Welll    its not pull out hook up to your phone and fly..  can anyone guide me to a recommended video class 101...
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Tom's Tech Time
2017-2-15
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Start by reading the manual thoroughly and then do it a couple more times after that.

Right at the top of the Mavic forum is a link (in small blue letters) to the DJI Recommended Videos tutorials.  These are a good start, and then hit YouTube and do a search for Mavic Pro Tutorials as well.  There is plenty of material out there to get you going safely.
2017-2-15
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

type Mavic Pro tutorial or Mavic Pro Precheck Flight
2017-2-15
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Congratulations welcome to all the worries and fears of being a new parent.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-15
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

I meant google search sorry
2017-2-15
Use props
fans8d13fcf7
lvl.1
United States

Reading front to back on the manual really helped me understand. Other than that I found it very helpful to go to an open field and just do trial by fire. Having it in beginner mode really helped decrease the speed of it all for me. I had the hang of it all within ~20 minutes (at least basic flight).
2017-2-15
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Guys
   Its taken about a hour to get to the DJI 2 Assist to download firmware    WHew     got it downloading now.   I supposed Im going to have to do the controller next.   my s7 edge pda does not fit as well as expected,  think i need bit smaller pda..     
2017-2-15
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

fans8d13fcf7 Posted at 2017-2-15 13:31
Reading front to back on the manual really helped me understand. Other than that I found it very helpful to go to an open field and just do trial by fire. Having it in beginner mode really helped decrease the speed of it all for me. I had the hang of it all within ~20 minutes (at least basic flight).

the manual is in such small text I cant read...  but will download the pdf version and check it out.   
2017-2-15
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Just fire it up and put the pedal to the metal!
2017-2-15
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-2-15 15:13
Just fire it up and put the pedal to the metal!

scared to !!!!
2017-2-15
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Yeah, it is a steep learning curve; I have had mine for a month and the farthest I have taken it is four hundred yards and four hundred feet up, very scary.  However if we do not avail ourselves of the full potential what it the point?  There comes a point in every drone pilots life when he must spit on his hands, raise the pirate flag and start slitting throats, or weigh the perceived  risks versus the potential returns and make a sold value based judgement.  Your call.
Regards,
-d.
the quotes are not mine, just modified.
2017-2-16
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.1
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-2-15 13:15
Start by reading the manual thoroughly and then do it a couple more times after that.

Right at the top of the Mavic forum is a link (in small blue letters) to the DJI Recommended Videos tutorials.  These are a good start, and then hit YouTube and do a search for Mavic Pro Tutorials as well.  There is plenty of material out there to get you going safely.

Reading the manual is likely a good idea, I flew it for a while before I bothered.  I found it very intuitive but the "WTF" moments would have been answered in the manual.  
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules