Video broken into segments
1034 6 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

I've noticed while shooting videos with my p4 pro that it's getting saved into like 5 minutes 30 seconds blocks....any idea why?
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, this is quite normal, it does not exceed the 4GB file size. So it closes the file and starts a new one, however there are a few frames missing in between, so watch for that. Nothing sinister about this, almost every camera does the same thing.
2017-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As Geebax states, it's normal (sadly). Ordinarily that's a limitation of the FAT32 file system - same issue with USB keys formated with FAT32. However, even those people who have successfully had their Phantom/Inspire work with exFAT-formatted cards (formatted in computer first) report that the video files written are still limited to 4Gb. I've yet to try this myself.
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-15 14:13
As Geebax states, it's normal (sadly). Ordinarily that's a limitation of the FAT32 file system - same issue with USB keys formated with FAT32. However, even those people who have successfully had their Phantom/Inspire work with exFAT-formatted cards (formatted in computer first) report that the video files written are still limited to 4Gb. I've yet to try this myself.

Yes, quite true, even on later machines with ExFAT formatted cards, they are still 4GB maximum. It would not be a problem if not for the missing frames.
2017-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 14:21
Yes, quite true, even on later machines with ExFAT formatted cards, they are still 4GB maximum. It would not be a problem if not for the missing frames.

I agree Geebax. I recently did some videoing at a vineyard in Victoria (as an example), and my approach is to start the video on take-off and stop it on landing - all 'positioning' footage hits the cutting room floor . But each flight resulted in upwards of half a dozen files on the SD card, with one file split occurring in the middle of a perfectly executed low run over the vines. I couldn't successfully join that shot to make it seamless - damn! Missed opportunity.
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-15 14:46
I agree Geebax. I recently did some videoing at a vineyard in Victoria (as an example), and my approach is to start the video on take-off and stop it on landing - all 'positioning' footage hits the cutting room floor . But each flight resulted in upwards of half a dozen files on the SD card, with one file split occurring in the middle of a perfectly executed low run over the vines. I couldn't successfully join that shot to make it seamless - damn! Missed opportunity.

Spot on. I got a file break in the middle of an otherwise perfect POI shot. It ruined it completely.
2017-2-15
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

Darn. I didn't have issues with my p3s but I guess at 2.7k the files are small enough...
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules