calibration issues
851 13 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 414249 ft
United States

anyone have calibration issues out the box???

2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Not that I've heard of. Are you, and if so specifically what problems?
2017-2-15
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

dji assist  calibration   vps cal
2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

TRUCKMISER Posted at 2017-2-15 18:35
dji assist  calibration   vps cal

What specific problems and were you prompted to perform these calibrations by the app? I understand that it might seem like a good idea to calibrate everything on a new system but it shouldn't be necessary.
2017-2-15
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-15 18:37
What specific problems and were you prompted to perform these calibrations by the app? I understand that it might seem like a good idea to calibrate everything on a new system but it shouldn't be necessary.

connected to my phone it promted me to,.   Ill try again with out..    Boy I have  a lot to learn
2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

TRUCKMISER Posted at 2017-2-15 18:38
connected to my phone it promted me to,.   Ill try again with out..    Boy I have  a lot to learn

If it told you to then you did the right thing, but I'd need to know more details of what problem you encountered to be able to help.
2017-2-15
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

i uploaded the firmware.   at the same time i did the calibration  but recevied the error message ....  went ahead and hooked up to the pda controller   dji4 app....   showed that I need to go back and recalibrate ..... maybe it was refrencing the controller .... but the error on the assist 2 program keeps saying   CALCULATION ERROR
1RMO385735
2017-2-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

TRUCKMISER Posted at 2017-2-15 18:56
i uploaded the firmware.   at the same time i did the calibration  but recevied the error message ....  went ahead and hooked up to the pda controller   dji4 app....   showed that I need to go back and recalibrate ..... maybe it was refrencing the controller .... but the error on the assist 2 program keeps saying   CALCULATION ERROR
1RMO385735

Just maybe - could you check with a flashlight?  I mean, check the front 2 cameras & the bottom 2 for any plastic sticker.  They are clear for some silly reason instead of orange/red/something you could easily see.  Just to rule this out since no one here will know that error.
2017-2-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

1RMO385735

OK... Delete your app. Take off the battery. Put he MP outside in the cold for 1/2 hour.
Bring it in, RC on, AC on, APP on (do not update if asked). Take off the props. Go straight to IMU CALIBRATION and start calibration.follow the screen EXACTLY.

Success, turn off AC, APP, RC.

Turn back on RC, AC,  and then a Gimbal CALIBRATION.

Success, turn off AC, APP, RC.

Turn on RC,AC,APP then update App, FW, should about 15 to 20 minutes.

Success, turn off AC, APP, RC. go to Academy, practice all kind of scenarios. Fly low around 10 feet around open areas, practice all kind of Maneuvers until you feel comfortable and HAVE FUN FLYING!

Up Vote if it helped   
2017-2-15
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Dont do that for goodness sake.

"dji assist  calibration   vps cal"
The VPS system is having difficulty calibrating and you telling him to recall the IMU and Gimbal and firmware!     

Anyway the VPS sytem which uses the ultrasonic sensors beneath the aircraft may need calibration. It may not either.  

If it were me the first thing I would be trying is placing the Mavic on a different surface and allowing it to start up there .  For all we know OP might have fired up his mavic for the first time on glass top table or some other surface that confuses the sensor.
2017-2-15
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Duplicate post - entered in error
2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

1RMO385735

So from what I understand you're being prompted to do a VPS calibration but when you try it always gives you this error message? Assuming you're doing the calibration correctly the only thing I can think of to suggest is that you contact DJI about it. I've been prompted for and done VPS calibration two or three times and didn't really have any trouble with it.
2017-2-16
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-16 05:32
So from what I understand you're being prompted to do a VPS calibration but when you try it always gives you this error message? Assuming you're doing the calibration correctly the only thing I can think of to suggest is that you contact DJI about it. I've been prompted for and done VPS calibration two or three times and didn't really have any trouble with it.

Did that and now they want me to send it back...rc wont connect to my phone correctly either.....   So my drone has to fly by U.P.S   lol....  well hope to have good news to offer soon.
2017-2-17
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

TRUCKMISER Posted at 2017-2-17 11:27
Did that and now they want me to send it back...rc wont connect to my phone correctly either.....   So my drone has to fly by U.P.S   lol....  well hope to have good news to offer soon.

Hello  Guys
   Well still in waiting for my Mavic   its been a month since I sent it in.  Anyone know why?   Not enough techs working on this drone I assume
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules