Litchi RTH
2018 18 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Can someone please explain this to me I don't understand the warning and how you can lose signal but litchi has control. Bit worried about trying this app with this warning on their website. Thanks
IMG_5114.PNG
2017-2-15
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

thats a bit concerning . but manageable if the affected modes are avoided.
2017-2-15
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

It's only if you're using VR goggles I'm pretty sure.
2017-2-15
Use props
sdevan45\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

Jasonstarbird Posted at 2017-2-15 16:37
It's only if you're using VR goggles I'm pretty sure.

The comma means its a list.  All four of the modes are affected the way the sentence is written.
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It means that Litchi passes control over the aircraft to the aircraft itself. It seems it does this when flying waypoints too. If signal is lost, the aircraft completes its set of tasks and then hovers in place.
2017-2-15
Use props
Mattcoq
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3642602 ft
  • >>>
China

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 16:47
It means that Litchi passes control over the aircraft to the aircraft itself. It seems it does this when flying waypoints too. If signal is lost, the aircraft completes its set of tasks and then hovers in place.

During waypoints, you can actually set after completing its task, either to hover, either to RTH

Does this mean that if the signal is lost that if RTH was put as last action in the waypoint flight, that it will then automatically switch to hover instead ?
2017-2-15
Use props
Mattcoq
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3642602 ft
  • >>>
China

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 16:47

During waypoints, you can actually set after completing its task, either to hover, either to RTH

Does this mean that if the signal is lost that if RTH was put as last action in the waypoint flight, that it will then automatically switch to hover instead ?
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-15 17:21

I can't say, but it5 makes it clear this only applies to the P3 Standard and the 4K, other aircraft types are not affected.
2017-2-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 17:25
I can't say, but it5 makes it clear this only applies to the P3 Standard and the 4K, other aircraft types are not affected.

Yep but its a standard I have, hence the question. If it refers to when using waypoints thats ok for me as I just use it for local flying and no other modes. However I feel its a little worrying the way it is worded. I have lost signal a couple of times and it RTH with dji. If I lose signal with Litchi and it hovers and I can't get signal back surely that means it will hover till the battery runs out and drop. !!!!
2017-2-15
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

The most dangerous approach is to try using American English to decipher "English" translations of Chinese written materials.  However, as I read the warning; a Phantom 3 Standard that is being flown in normal vLOS (pilot in control, Line of Sight with the Phantom 3 Standard) when signal is lost it will Return To Home.  The warning mentions  three other flight options where when being used the Phantom 3 Standard will hover rather than Return To Home.  These are; "VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking", "Follow", "Focus and Track".  Someone with the LITCHI APP please confirm that there are these three flight modes in the APP.  Secondly; perhaps someone with this APP could contact LITCHI support and ask directly what will happen to a Phantom 3 Standard if signal is lost while flying in the normal mode.  Then post the answer here.  If the answer is what I think it is; I will be buying the APP.
2017-2-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

JackA Posted at 2017-2-15 18:41
The most dangerous approach is to try using American English to decipher "English" translations of Chinese written materials.  However, as I read the warning; a Phantom 3 Standard that is being flown in normal vLOS (pilot in control, Line of Sight with the Phantom 3 Standard) when signal is lost it will Return To Home.  The warning mentions  three other flight options where when being used the Phantom 3 Standard will hover rather than Return To Home.  These are; "VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking", "Follow", "Focus and Track".  Someone with the LITCHI APP please confirm that there are these three flight modes in the APP.  Secondly; perhaps someone with this APP could contact LITCHI support and ask directly what will happen to a Phantom 3 Standard if signal is lost while flying in the normal mode.  Then post the answer here.  If the answer is what I think it is; I will be buying the APP.

Very comprehensive reply and if you are right that is good for me but maybe not for other who use the standard and those modes.
2017-2-15
Use props
Paul419
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496266 ft
United States

Just set the last waypoint near home.
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-2-15 18:14
Yep but its a standard I have, hence the question. If it refers to when using waypoints thats ok for me as I just use it for local flying and no other modes. However I feel its a little worrying the way it is worded. I have lost signal a couple of times and it RTH with dji. If I lose signal with Litchi and it hovers and I can't get signal back surely that means it will hover till the battery runs out and drop. !!!!

'If I lose signal with Litchi and it hovers and I can't get signal back surely that means it will hover till the battery runs out and drop. '

No, it won't do that. The emergency procedure is coded into the drone. When the battery gets to critical level, it will automatically land.
2017-2-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 19:39
'If I lose signal with Litchi and it hovers and I can't get signal back surely that means it will hover till the battery runs out and drop. '

No, it won't do that. The emergency procedure is coded into the drone. When the battery gets to critical level, it will automatically land.

Ok so it will land but like I said if I lose signal will it then just hover if I cant get back signal instead of RTH. Just asking as it seems very strange to hover and not RTH. Never understood why dji go had that option but it seems Litchi doesn't have that option it just hovers if I am reading it right.
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-2-15 20:06
Ok so it will land but like I said if I lose signal will it then just hover if I cant get back signal instead of RTH. Just asking as it seems very strange to hover and not RTH. Never understood why dji go had that option but it seems Litchi doesn't have that option it just hovers if I am reading it right.

The way I read it, if you are not using the four modes mentioned, it will presumably do a normal RTH.
2017-2-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-15 20:51
The way I read it, if you are not using the four modes mentioned, it will presumably do a normal RTH.

That answers it for me I think I will give it a go as it seems RTH will work for the Phantom 3 Standard
2017-2-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I believe Litchi set it up this way on purpose.  It's not some weird anomaly.  

Waypoint missions aren't listed in the warning.  We know the AC continues its waypoints mission with no signal.  

This "warning" has been known for quite a while.  It was discussed on the pp site quite a while ago.  

Let's say you have it on Follow Me.  So you jump on your bike and head out with the controller strapped to your back or handlebars or whatever.  Fifteen minutes and five miles later something goes wrong and the AC loses signal with the controller.  Do you want the AC to head back to home point?  Or do you want it to hover?  I think Litchi believes you would prefer it to hover.  
2017-2-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-16 03:18
I believe Litchi set it up this way on purpose.  It's not some weird anomaly.  

Waypoint missions aren't listed in the warning.  We know the AC continues its waypoints mission with no signal.  

I would agree with that, better option.
2017-2-16
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks for the replies everyone, Just want to check I understand form other posts I have seen - you use dji go app to do compass calibration, IMU and everything else but use Litchi to fly. Is the right ?
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules