Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic repair/replacement issues
1915 9 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike 1
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

On weekend I created post here about video "waves" I had with my mavic - long story short:
I contacted support, created case and sent unit back to DJI.

In case description I asked to have unit replaced due manufacturing defect - but instead I still get repair quote:

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days.

Invoice

Case No:...
DJI Care Balance:0.00(USD)
Quote Date: 02-16-17
Remarks: Warranty. Aircraft/ Gimbal has software/hardware issues

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Mavic Pro Gimbal & Camera1179.00179.00
Service Charge165.00/H65.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:244.00
DJI Care deduction:0.00
Total Payment:0.00

Problem is - I received DJI mavic on 2/8/2017 and sent it back next monday - I dont want to have it repaired - since I received non working unit - I dont want to have basically "refurbished" one - I want to have brand new one.  I tried to contact online support - and was told that best thing they can do - it's add "log note" to my case about my request. But I want to be sure - that my request will be processed and I receive new item and will not spend time sending mavics back and forth.

Anybody from DJI?

2017-2-15
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

What is wrong with replacing a complete optical unit for a new unit.  Maybe they're out of new drones, if this solves your complaint.....

2017-2-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I don't believe DJI has ever indicated that the customer gets to choose between a repair or replacement so I doubt there's anything you can do about it. Besides, as Anoniem asked, why does it really matter if they fixed the problem you sent it in for?
2017-2-16
Use props
Mike 1
lvl.1

United States

Problem is that I paid ~$1000 for non working unit. It's like you get into the apple store and get iphone (or imac) with cracked screen and instead of getting new device you prompted to wait few days to get your screen replaced and re-glued.

http://store.dji.com/help/return/policy
section c) Manufacturing defect(s).

So - basically I dont want to have repaired unit and wait for repair. I guess I spoiled by bestbuy, amazon, costco and others.
2017-2-16
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Mike 1 Posted at 2017-2-16 09:50
Problem is that I paid ~$1000 for non working unit. It's like you get into the apple store and get iphone (or imac) with cracked screen and instead of getting new device you prompted to wait few days to get your screen replaced and re-glued.

http://store.dji.com/help/return/policy

Hi Mike 1, your expectations differ from mine I guess. I would accept a repair that is a 100% solution for the problem.
Your Mavic must be looking like new, I would also not accept any functional or cosmetic damage that is done by others.

Question:have you used any ND filters when noticing the defect and what was the setting of the shutter speed, can you remember?
2017-2-16
Use props
Mike 1
lvl.1

United States

Anoniem Posted at 2017-2-16 11:36
Hi Mike 1, your expectations differ from mine I guess. I would accept a repair that is a 100% solution for the problem.
Your Mavic must be looking like new, I would also not accept any functional or cosmetic damage that is done by others.

To be honest - I don't know construction of  mavic - will replacing a gimbal require soldering or it just few screws - I just don't want to take chances that something extra may be damaged.
Also as I said - it feels frustrated when brand new (relatively expensive) product doesnt work and immediately must be sent for repair and I will have to wait again (I know, there are people who waiting for their drones almost forever... I'm not that patient... )
... I ordered ND filters from DJI few weeks ago - but they never got shipped . As set of props and a battery.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, OP, can you click "Reply" and tell me your case number or RMA number? I'll talk with local repair centers and ask them to give you an update about this issue.
2017-2-16
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-17
Use props
Mike 1
lvl.1

United States

Exactly. DJI makes great hardware and overall they making lot of people around happy. But they need to improve their manufacturing process and QA. They need to work with their support - learn how to deal with basic cases and handle customers better.

For example, when I initially discovered problems with my drone - I tried to contact DJI via email (since chat didnt work). With few emails back and forth I was told that I need to create 'repair case'. I contacted them via support chat - and said that I dont want my drone to be repaired - I want to have it exchanged. But they still said - that by "procedure" I need to create case.
Ok. I created case and asked there to have it exchanged rather than repaired. After creating case AGAIN contacted via support chat - and asked about refund or exchange due manufacturing defect . And was told to wait until they receive my drone.

They received drone and did assessment - it is in first post. I again contacted support and asked about exchange - this time I was told that since I created repair case my drone is in queue for repair and will be repaired (Whaaat?). But you guys told me to create that stupid case in first place. Next I was told that since only one case is allowed by their system - maximum they can do is add "note" to my case - that I requested an exchange.
Next thing I did - I dialed their US number - and  repeated same thing - that I want to have brand new working product and I do not want to have any repair to be done - again they told me that I shouldnt be creating case (Really?) - and after spending on the phone good amount of time - they said that they will need to create another case and have their supervisor to call me (and looks like there was no any note on my case - so looks like support chat were lying to me?). Few hours later I got a call from supervisor and they told me that they created new order or case for me. However I don't see anything anywhere (no new orders or no new case or any changes to current case).
As for now I have no clue what is going on and what or when I receive something from DJI. And I have mixed feelings - from one side I liked drone - from other side - I spent ~1300 and have nothing.
2017-2-17
Use props
Mike 1
lvl.1

United States

... as follow up - support at DJI - is a joke.
Had number of chat conversations, number of phone conversations - about getting working and brand new drone that I paid for - still same result - no drone. no any information about when and what I will receive.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules