Need the USB module for my p3 pro remote
1779 15 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3297 ft
India

Hi all,can someone guide me that where can I get the USB module for my phantom 3 pro remote,the phone gets disconnected and then reconnects by a slight wiggle at USB side of the remote.My phantom is out of warranty so I have to fix it myself.I'm from india so international shipping would be cool
2017-2-15
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I don't think you can get a standard replacement part for this, but they do make an upgraded module with HDMI which replaces the old part.  Buy direct from DJI or eBay etc.  Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to swap them over.  Be careful handling the ribbon cables inside, but it is relatively straightforward to do yourself.
2017-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Or just buy a new RC as those are plentiful and easy to find.

More money, but no tinkering... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It would be best to either go through a dealer for the standard USB module or get the HDMI output module, which has a USB connection as well. Either should be easily acquired from an authorized dealer or online.
2017-2-15
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322414405489

45 bucks
2017-2-16
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
India

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-15 23:22
It would be best to either go through a dealer for the standard USB module or get the HDMI output module, which has a USB connection as well. Either should be easily acquired from an authorized dealer or online.

We only have re sellers in India,no dealers I'll look online though,can you tell me the part number if possible
2017-2-17
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
India

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-2-16 07:33
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322414405489

thank you so much,have found a seller that ships international,I'm saving 60$ if I get this instead of the HDMI module upgrade,will look for it here in India else i'll get it from ebay.
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

yanksbuddy Posted at 2017-2-17 02:23
thank you so much,have found a seller that ships international,I'm saving 60$ if I get this instead of the HDMI module upgrade,will look for it here in India else i'll get it from ebay.

That was easy... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

yanksbuddy Posted at 2017-2-17 02:23

Good to hear you're going in the right direction. Let us know if you run into anything else.
2017-2-17
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
India

I'm getting it for around 82$ here in India,guess I'll stick to eBay,33$ price + 12$ shipping is still saving me 37$ and since it's below 50$ so no customs for me
2017-2-20
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
India

Here's a pic of the circuit board which was inside the controller,the one I have ordered looks slightly different,what are your thoughts ?
IMG_20170225_133310.jpg
2017-2-25
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
India

Hi all,I got the USB circuit in the mail today,I have installed it but the problem now I'm facing is that the remote is only charging the phone,the DJI app is not detecting it and shows disconnected in the status bar,maybe it is missing the firmware ? I tried updating the remote via the USB stick method but still no luck,what should I do ?
2017-3-12
Use props
djiuser_cyhDb3m3Dkpc
New

Denmark

yanksbuddy Posted at 2017-3-12 00:51
Hi all,I got the USB circuit in the mail today,I have installed it but the problem now I'm facing is that the remote is only charging the phone,the DJI app is not detecting it and shows disconnected in the status bar,maybe it is missing the firmware ? I tried updating the remote via the USB stick method but still no luck,what should I do ?

Hi

Did you ever got this problem solved?

I've got same problem
2018-11-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think you have to do everything in the right sequence.

1)  Make sure RC and mobile device are not connected.

2)  Start RC and mobile device.  Start AC

3)  Wait while mobile device boots up.

4)  After it boots up, log in or swipe or do whatever you normally do to bring up the front page.

5)  Plug in RC to mobile device via the usb.

6)  You should get a pop up with options

Good luck
2018-11-20
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_cyhDb3m3Dkpc Posted at 11-19 10:09
Hi

Did you ever got this problem solved?

Yes, I ordered a new usb circuit board from Ebay, turned out my controller didn't support it as it was a 1st generation controller, I cant recall the model number though. The newer USB circuits work on second gen controllers only so I sold the controller and drone and bought another P3 since it is hard to get spare parts in my country.To be on a safer side, you  can upgrade to a HDMI circuit board or buy a used controller and pair it with your P3.I should have bought the HDMI module from Ebay but I made the mistake thinking that the  USB controller would be compatible with both of generations of the remote controller.
2018-11-20
Use props
yanksbuddy
lvl.1
United States

yanksbuddy Posted at 2017-2-25 00:06
Here's a pic of the circuit board which was inside the controller,the one I have ordered looks slightly different,what are your thoughts ?

For reference, this is a pic of the first gen USB circuit, if you had the same in your controller then the only option you have is to upgrade to a HDMI module or get another controller.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules