How large tablet can you fit on the mount?
9961 22 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ErikL
New

Sweden

Hi!
As the topic says, how big tablet can you fit on the controller mount?
Is it possible with a ipad air or have does it have to be a ipad mini?

/Erik
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The mount is just big enough to take an iPad Air 2, anything larger would require a modification to the mount.
2017-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'll assume from your post that you have an Apple tablet in mind. Just saying that there are 10.1" android tablets on the market which fit. It's all in the screen ratio...
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-15 22:59
I'll assume from your post that you have an Apple tablet in mind. Just saying that there are 10.1" android tablets on the market which fit. It's all in the screen ratio...

It's about a 6'' maximum width requirement for the tablet to fit in the device holder without modification.
2017-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I'm also using an iPad Air2 Cellular. It's a pure delight. Fits the OEM device holder just perfect and gives awesome visual clarity of all the Go app parameters. Surprisingly, for it's larger size, it's not too heavy for my uses. Even after flying four consecutive flight packs. It performs flawlessly and doesn't heat up, unlike my original choice, an iPad Mini that I had purchased early on, in my Phantom 3 Pro' adventures.

Advise buying the Inspire device holder or reasonable facsimile with the metal base, as it's much more solid, and doesn't wobble like the original on my RC did.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-15
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-15 23:19
I'm also using an iPad Air2 Cellular. It's a pure delight. Fits the OEM device holder just perfect and gives awesome visual clarity of all the Go app parameters. Surprisingly, for it's larger size, it's not too heavy for my uses. Even after flying four consecutive flight packs. It performs flawlessly and doesn't heat up, unlike my original choice, an iPad Mini that I had purchased early on, in my Phantom 3 Pro' adventures.

Hi RHP try this for stability

Needed this to give my tab S 10.5 stability which just fits the device holder with the removal of the sponge cushion on the lower jaw
2017-2-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Get an extender,  I use a iPad Pro and its badass!
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

My DJI Inspire device holder has been on my RC for two years, and I've only had to tighten the hinge screw once, never a problem.
It holds my iPad Air2 Cellular tight and safe.
I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great device holder.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-16 22:26
My DJI Inspire device holder has been on my RC for two years, and I've only had to tighten the hinge screw once, never a problem.
It holds my iPad Air2 Cellular tight and safe.
I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great device holder.

This  works with the inspire device holder increases the stability  
2017-2-16
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
United Kingdom

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-16 22:23
Get an extender,  I use a iPad Pro and its badass!

No need of one
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Propwash Posted at 2017-2-16 22:48
This  works with the inspire device holder increases the stability

It looks quite bulky and oversized. Not sure that it would fit in my Nanuk 945 or DJI hardshell backpack without doing some cutting and carving of the foam interior? But as I said, it's not necessary with the sturdy tight Inspire device holder. Mine works like a charm.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I would agree that it's 9.7'' counterpart would do the trick, since its the same A9 processor anyway.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 23:47
I would agree that it's 9.7'' counterpart would do the trick, since its the same A9 processor anyway.

Correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think he was referring to not needing to use an extender for the device holder, not the device itself. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-17 00:40
Correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think he was referring to not needing to use an extender for the device holder, not the device itself. ;-)

You're probably right, it was most likely a 'too quick of a read' on my part.
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-17 10:56
You're probably right, it was most likely a 'too quick of a read' on my part.

Too many thoughts at one time... We all experience that.

You are keeping far too busy on several fronts, and it can get confusing at times.
Thinking way ahead of ourselves.  We can sometimes miss the minor details.

I used to call that the brilliant professor syndrome. ;-)
Similar to the Disney production, Absent Minded Professor, but without the flubber. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the iPad pro 9.7 and it's made to measure 2 clicks on the ratchet clamp and its solid as a rock in the standard P4 holder (metal bracket). The P4Pro might have similar metal bracket.
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-17 11:57
I use the iPad pro 9.7 and it's made to measure 2 clicks on the ratchet clamp and its solid as a rock in the standard P4 holder (metal bracket). The P4Pro might have similar metal bracket.

Similar to my iPad Air2, two clicks and you're good to go, flying. ;-)

Yes, the metal base has all the stability adding to the safety and stability.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-17 12:09
Similar to my iPad Air2, two clicks and you're good to go, flying. ;-)

Yes, the metal base has all the stability adding to the safety and stability.

Yes they're the same dimensions, when the 9.7 pro first came out I went to a national computer store and asked for a case, they of course didn't have any specifically for the Pro but had a good selection for the air2. There were a lot of 'Oooohs' & 'Ahhhs' and 'don't knows' from the 'experts' (Fake News from them) when I picked a nice one for my device. And it fitted perfectly (alternative fact (not))
2017-2-17
Use props
Picmaickel
New

Netherlands

Ive got the ipad2. And its to big. But u can buy an aditional mount for the controller that fits bigger tablets. I use RAMMount on a tripod. Works better for me!
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-17 13:07
Yes they're the same dimensions, when the 9.7 pro first came out I went to a national computer store and asked for a case, they of course didn't have any specifically for the Pro but had a good selection for the air2. There were a lot of 'Oooohs' & 'Ahhhs' and 'don't knows' from the 'experts' (Fake News from them) when I picked a nice one for my device. And it fitted perfectly (alternative fact (not))

Oh by the way, the Donald has changed that definition.

Now it's called really fake news.. Hahaha

It became evident in yesterday's unexpected news conference. ;-)

No yes, really.. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

my ipad pro 9.7 fits the original holder in both my P4 and the P4 Pro without the adapter.
2017-2-17
Use props
fans980a1579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-2-17 15:36
my ipad pro 9.7 fits the original holder in both my P4 and the P4 Pro without the adapter.

Just got a new iPad 6th gen 9.7".
Want to put a case on it. will it still fit in the bracket of the P4P with a case?
What is the max depth of the bracket? Or another way - what is the max thickness of tablet & case it will hold?
Looking at this case:
https://www.amazon.com/Metropoli ... Pad+6th+gen+9.7#Ask

and the depth of the pad & case is 19mm
2018-5-9
Use props
Kobski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1788297 ft
United Kingdom

I use Samsung Tab A 10.5 if that's anything to go by
2018-5-9
Use props