Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Obstacle Warning but no obstacle
12071 27 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bradz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

I was flying my Mavic two days ago and while in flight; I kept getting obstacle warnings even though there were none.  There was high wind at the time so a few wwarnign about that but nothing major.

Im using the latest DJI GO 4 app iOS 4.0.4 and the drone and RC was on the firmware version before this mid Feb release.

Just wondering if anyone else has experenced that andknow what might the issue be?  Ive checked the OA sensors and they are fine.

I would upload the flight and the logs but they show nothing in terms of warnings and obstacles.  I was flying between 200-400ft and warnings varied at all heights.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Brad.
2017-2-16
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

You get this when you fly into the Sun or bright light
2017-2-16
Use props
Bradz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-2-16
Use props
Bradz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

There was no sun its was in the evening.
2017-2-16
Use props
d6nje
lvl.1
France

Happened to me a few times now!

Once was because of the sun but other times the sun hasn't been out and it's still suddenly stopped due to an invisible object.
2017-2-16
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yes, I've seen this too, and it's not just the sun. OA can be triggered by any light that's significantly brighter than the rest of the surroundings: for example, a bright light bulb at night. I've also seen it go off while flying in fog and occasionally for no obvious reason at all, though in those cases it's possible that light did still play some role in triggering it that I just didn't recognize.
2017-2-16
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.1
United States

I have experienced the phenomenon on light windy days flying,  I just release the throttle the braking action seems to cause a temporary high wind warning, just enough to alert me then it goes away.  I have assumed it is triggered by the braking of the drone which is quite good.  
2017-2-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had this happen several times, I thought it was the sun but it turned out to be a cloaked UFO.
2017-2-16
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-16 04:36
I've had this happen several times, I thought it was the sun but it turned out to be a cloaked UFO.

I'll bet you were relieved to find out that it wasn't caused by a problem with the Mavic's OA.
2017-2-16
Use props
MaviMu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
Turkey

It happened twice to me;

1st time: very very windy, 40 m. alt., into the sun
2nd time: no wind at all, 16 m. alt, in the middle of the sea, into the sun

now I know I am not alone and know what to do; yaw 180 deg and fly backwards...
2017-2-27
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

MaviMu Posted at 2017-2-27 11:46
It happened twice to me;

1st time: very very windy, 40 m. alt., into the sun

Or just drop into sport mode.
2017-2-27
Use props
Allistair R 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282283 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had experienced this similar issue on my last flight. I was a bit worried thinking what went wrong. During the flight there was average sunlight and it was an open space, not even windy. I had the 'obstacle avoidance' warning and then I had to fly it in backwards towards me. When I tried once again it did exactly the same thing. This happened when it was about 30 ft away from me.
2017-2-27
Use props
fans64c2cdd8
lvl.1
United States

I just got a Mavic, and got this warning first time I had it up about 300 feet. Thought it might drop out of the sky. Got it again near dusk, no Sun to cause it. Disconcerting, hope there's a fix
2017-7-7
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

it happens several times - i am switching to sport mode and continue flying . After landing cleaning front cameras with cotton sticks ;)
2017-7-8
Use props
Ve8kZ9DOwxzh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1506762 ft
United States

Happened a few times also. Thought maybe a bird but after review of video saw nothing. Seemed like light wasn't that bright but I guess it was enough.
Or a cloaked UFO from way
out !
2017-7-8
Use props
LSLMavic
lvl.1
United States

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, completely inexplicably.  Made me nervous, as I wasn't sure I'd be able to bring the bird home (fortunately I did).  Then yesterday I received a "visual positioning system error" before taking off, which required a calibration of the VPS system in DJI Assistant.  I had never before calibrated the VPS since buying the Mavic, so I'm hopeful that doing so will prevent false obstacle alerts in the future.  You might want to try calibrating.
2017-7-24
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

if is Sun is ok .. same to me ...but no problem
2017-7-24
Use props
PHL
Captain
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

You will often get the warning when the sun is at some angle to the Mavic; more like a false positive.
2017-7-24
Use props
fansc1583964
lvl.1
United States

I had the same issue twice in two days now.  Today I was flying right down the middle of a golf course at 25' up.  There was nothing there for this to happen.  Sun or wind wasn't an issue either.  What's up with this DJI?
2018-2-26
Use props
seddasu
New
Turkey

hello ı have same problem witjh my spark. anybody can solve this problem?
2018-6-25
Use props
Spinny
Flight distance : 694783 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I experienced this yesterday for the first time and it can be a little unnerving, but more importantly it ruined the shot I was filming. It would be handy to know what causes it so the situation can be avoided.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spinny Posted at 2018-9-6 16:25
I experienced this yesterday for the first time and it can be a little unnerving, but more importantly it ruined the shot I was filming. It would be handy to know what causes it so the situation can be avoided.

ya thats sad part, would be nice to always have it enabled 100% of the time but the sun and glares freak it out hardcore.   

so if your on a shoot or trying to get cinematic shots, have to turn it off or shoot when less direct sun/glare like in evening. .  
2018-9-6
Use props
fansfe6a9925
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13625 ft
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-2-16 00:37
You get this when you fly into the Sun or bright light

Gaoldangit!
2018-11-4
Use props
Wildchild16
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info guys, Im a new member and getting this false Obstruction Warning most of the time in any conditions. Found if I do not use full forward joystick it helps but it is a pain and hopefully a fix will be forthcoming soon. Any other advice gladly welcome, thanks for the tip of Sports mode.
2018-12-14
Use props
johnyfish
New
Flight distance : 28711 ft
France

iIt happened to me it seemed trapped in a triangle. Changing altitude got me out.   I finally came to the conclusion it was electromagnetic interference
2019-2-12
Use props
BKahuna
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

High winds will cause your aircraft to pitch steeply into the wind.  At some angle, the AC will shut off the CA because it is no longer useful.  Maybe there is some gray area just before it shuts off where it sends false positives.  Was it the forward or downward sensor?

It's not uncommon for me to get some quick downward sensor readings even though I'm flying 200 ft up with clearance in all directions.  I wonder if if might not be a bird flying below.  I've learned to just ignore it.
2019-2-12
Use props
Gonzalez Raymundo
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem in clear spaces wont let me go i have to deactived the colision sensor
2019-4-23
Use props
ccmm002
lvl.1

I've had the same problem with my Mavic Pro Platinum and I believe it's from either frequency interference, because I seemed to get the freq warning at the same time as the obstruction warnings. Or it could be with the DJI 4 app itself, because I also use the Litchi app and I don't get any false-positive obstruction warnings with Litchi. Although, the Litchi app keeps beeping with no others warnings of any kind so now I'm trying to figure out what the beeps are all about.
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules