123Next >
5283 112 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

My warranty replacement Mavic also has blurred edges, the exact reason my first Mavic went back to DJI.
The new one is only has a blurred edge on the right hand side where as the original was blurred on both left and right, so at least I got an improvement.

Anyone elses warranty replaced Mavic arrive without the blurry issue being fixed?

2017-2-16
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

exactly the same issue with my first mavic...
Though i've known DJI products for long enough so that when DJI ordered a replacement/repair for this issue. I declined to send it in.. Because im confident ill the same problem with the replacement...
2017-2-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's getting to the point were if someone has a mavric that works 100% as it should then it's worth more than a new one..
2017-2-16
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-16 11:07
exactly the same issue with my first mavic...
Though i've known DJI products for long enough so that when DJI ordered a replacement/repair for this issue. I declined to send it in.. Because im confident ill the same problem with the replacement...

So you plan to put up with it or wait longer until there's a 100% fix and then return it?
2017-2-16
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

VAS67 Posted at 2017-2-16 11:26
So you plan to put up with it or wait longer until there's a 100% fix and then return it?

i've been getting a lot of hate of these forums for some reason. Im out of the return window now (going on three weeks now). There are many other threads reporting the same issue of blurred corners, water paint effect videos, tilted horizon.
Most people seem to be ok with that. i am not. I own a phantom 3 pro also and that makes videos that are 100 times better than the mavic. I bought the mavic for the portability however it was never mentioned by DJI that this takes garbage videos.
I'm not willing to accept a low quality product for such a hefty price. I've opened a case with paypal for a refund. We will see how that goes.

My advice to anyone how has issues even with replacements, is to ask for a refund.Thats the only thing that will push DJI to do anything about this problem. This being DJI, will never address a real problem with their drones. Their answer is, if you want better video, buy an Inspire with the X5 camera!!Or you can ask for another replacement and see how that goes.
2017-2-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-16 11:08
It's getting to the point were if someone has a mavric that works 100% as it should then it's worth more than a new one..

My sentiments EXACTLY!  I wouldn't let the Mavic I have now go for anything but a hefty sum.  
2017-2-16
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-16 11:52
i've been getting a lot of hate of these forums for some reason. Im out of the return window now (going on three weeks now). There are many other threads reporting the same issue of blurred corners, water paint effect videos, tilted horizon.
Most people seem to be ok with that. i am not. I own a phantom 3 pro also and that makes videos that are 100 times better than the mavic. I bought the mavic for the portability however it was never mentioned by DJI that this takes garbage videos.
I'm not willing to accept a low quality product for such a hefty price. I've opened a case with paypal for a refund. We will see how that goes.

I too came from Phantom 3 Pro, as soon as the Mavic was launched I was interested in it. Camera specs on paper seem very similar, which I was pleased about as I was more than happy with the P3 Pro footage, even at 1080p....
The reality is the Mavic (or at least the 2 I've had ) don't even come close. I've opened up another support ticket and will see where that takes me..
I'm try to hold faith as there are many Mavic video's out there which seem excellent in picture quality, I just need one of those.
I have also seen many with blurry edges, maybe those guys are happy with the quality, who knows?
Each to their own I suppose.

My biggest regret is selling my P3 Pro before my Mavic arrived, I wish I still had it ;-(
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

VAS67 Posted at 2017-2-16 13:23
I too came from Phantom 3 Pro, as soon as the Mavic was launched I was interested in it. Camera specs on paper seem very similar, which I was pleased about as I was more than happy with the P3 Pro footage, even at 1080p....
The reality is the Mavic (or at least the 2 I've had ) don't even come close. I've opened up another support ticket and will see where that takes me..
I'm try to hold faith as there are many Mavic video's out there which seem excellent in picture quality, I just need one of those.

Very sorry to hear about your experience, please let us know your ticket number and previous case number, we'll help you follow up the case.
2017-2-17
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I am on the same boat. The last two Mavics all have various problems and I am waiting for the third to be delivery hopefully within next week.  I also like to know if my warranty and care refresh will be extended because almost two months has been wasted in the process. Anyone from DJI care to answer?

Cheers!
2017-2-17
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-17
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-17
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-17
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-17 00:21
Very sorry to hear about your experience, please let us know your ticket number and previous case number, we'll help you follow up the case.

Hi Natalia

Previous case number CAS-423271-K1X8W7

Current ticket number 432992 ( as yet i've had no response)

See what you can do

Thanks  
2017-2-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-16 13:11
My sentiments EXACTLY!  I wouldn't let the Mavic I have now go for anything but a hefty sum.

Now that it's working good I'm holding onto my mavric like grim death!!!
2017-2-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-16 13:11

Ok, years ago I bought a used phantom 1, amazing! then I bought the phantom 2 v3, wonderful!!  then I bought the phantom 3, I was blown away!!!  Then I bought the inspire 1, I thought I had a futuristic drone from terminator!!  Then I bought the phantom 4, how can it get any better then this??? Then I bought the phantom 4 pro, defective, bought 2nd p4 pro, defective!! Bought 3rd p4 pro defective!! got my money back. Finally I bought the mavic, grounded for 2 months with VPS issues. Is it just bad luck or do I see a pattern forming here?????
2017-2-17
Use props
DevonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71716 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

my mavic shipped back for out of focus lower right yesterday with UPS, looks like its going to be a long road.......
2017-2-17
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I love my Mavic but admit the camera is a little disappointing which is why I'm hanging onto my Autel XSP, it's camera is better, it's just not as portable. Yesterday I noticed in some of my videos where the sun glared in there are spots that others have shown to be dust in the camera...not good. I'm not going to worry about it though and take any chances on returning it, just going to live with it and try to not position it in such a way to have glare.
2017-2-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-17 06:23
Ok, years ago I bought a used phantom 1, amazing! then I bought the phantom 2 v3, wonderful!!  then I bought the phantom 3, I was blown away!!!  Then I bought the inspire 1, I thought I had a futuristic drone from terminator!!  Then I bought the phantom 4, how can it get any better then this??? Then I bought the phantom 4 pro, defective, bought 2nd p4 pro, defective!! Bought 3rd p4 pro defective!! got my money back. Finally I bought the mavic, grounded for 2 months with VPS issues. Is it just bad luck or do I see a pattern forming here?????

LOL 2 P4Ps for me & a few Mavics.  I got really, really lucky with Best Buy ecommerce.  I was able to order a new Mavic & just return the old/pick up new within 2 days of a problem.  It was like that right at Christmas & just after (for me at least).  I've noticed "sold out" everywhere, everytime before that & now after like it's October 2016 all over!
2017-2-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-2-17 08:18
I love my Mavic but admit the camera is a little disappointing which is why I'm hanging onto my Autel XSP, it's camera is better, it's just not as portable. Yesterday I noticed in some of my videos where the sun glared in there are spots that others have shown to be dust in the camera...not good. I'm not going to worry about it though and take any chances on returning it, just going to live with it and try to not position it in such a way to have glare.

No biggy, seriously, since using filters ruins the nice flare from the sun anyway.  I love the Polar Pro Vivid filters I've got, but they ruin sun flaring by smearing them.
2017-2-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-17 09:00
No biggy, seriously, since using filters ruins the nice flare from the sun anyway.  I love the Polar Pro Vivid filters I've got, but they ruin sun flaring by smearing them.

Good to know. I emailed Polar support about getting the 16+PL vivid filter and they wanted $40! I didn't even think about it, it's too much.
2017-2-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-17 06:23

RL
I was reading your post and agreeing with you to the point of your question. I think DJI has a great product but the demand has exceeded their ability to keep up.  Anytime you have a product packed with this much technology things will happen.

My Mavic flew perfectly and I had the blurry lower right side of my video issue unfold. Just sent it back to the shop for repair/ replacement. I hope I get a good one because it is just amazing little drone to keep in my car.

My Inspire 1 worked perfectly and a problem devolved with my X3 camera. DJI replaced it under warranty in a smooth and fast customer service. Again, things happen and DJI has backed the products I purchased so far very nicely!

All the best
Rich
2017-2-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-17 09:23
Good to know. I emailed Polar support about getting the 16+PL vivid filter and they wanted $40! I didn't even think about it, it's too much.

Why that one?  I haven't even used that one yet since the light hasn't been bright enough.  I suspect that's a summertime use, as ND8-PL is too much unless there's NO clouds.  I pretty much keep the ND4-PL on it at all times right now since the sun sits so low in the sky.  However, I also can't stand a super slow shutter speed since it makes the footage look like crap at all corners (especially the bottom 2 since that's where the topography is).  I stick to more like 3-4x framerate.  It's too easy to add "crap" to your footage later on in post, but impossible to correct that.  This is a moving drone with a slightly larger cellphone camera, not a DSLR.
2017-2-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-17 09:47
RL
I was reading your post and agreeing with you to the point of your question. I think DJI has a great product but the demand has exceeded their ability to keep up.  Anytime you have a product packed with this much technology things will happen.

It could be bad luck, very bad luck but I'm really looking forward to a bright future with DJI, I have made tons of money with my inspire pro and I can't wait to see what new products DJI comes out with.
2017-2-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-17 10:06
Why that one?  I haven't even used that one yet since the light hasn't been bright enough.  I suspect that's a summertime use, as ND8-PL is too much unless there's NO clouds.  I pretty much keep the ND4-PL on it at all times right now since the sun sits so low in the sky.  However, I also can't stand a super slow shutter speed since it makes the footage look like crap at all corners (especially the bottom 2 since that's where the topography is).  I stick to more like 3-4x framerate.  It's too easy to add "crap" to your footage later on in post, but impossible to correct that.  This is a moving drone with a slightly larger cellphone camera, not a DSLR.

Just wanted to try it out. I have a full set of pgy already 4-32 the cpl and uv. But the nd16 has a defect in the lens. Figured might as well replace it and see what the hype was about.
2017-2-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-17 10:38
It could be bad luck, very bad luck but I'm really looking forward to a bright future with DJI, I have made tons of money with my inspire pro and I can't wait to see what new products DJI comes out with.

RL
Sounds like you had some bad luck for sure. Did you purchase from DJI or a dealer? Maybe a bad batch of products (which does not speak highly of QC)

Love the products too and always happy to see the next advancement of drone technology
Rich
2017-2-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-18 10:07
RL
Sounds like you had some bad luck for sure. Did you purchase from DJI or a dealer? Maybe a bad batch of products (which does not speak highly of QC)

First 2 p4 pro's I bought from authorized DJI dealers on eBay, I thought I was getting old stock so I bought the 3rd p4 pro directly from DJI China, it was the worst one out of the 3. The battery was loose, the propeller locks were loose and the gimbal motors  sounded like I was shaving a heavy beard with an old electric razor.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VAS67 Posted at 2017-2-17 05:55
Hi Natalia

Previous case number CAS-423271-K1X8W7

Thanks, we'll escalate it for you and keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-2-19
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 01:05
Thanks, we'll escalate it for you and keep you updated as soon as possible.

Hi Natalia,

Do you know the answer to my question by any chance?

Q: I am on the same boat. The last two Mavics all have various problems and I am waiting for the third to be delivery hopefully within next week.  I also like to know if my warranty and care refresh will be extended because almost two months has been wasted in the process. Anyone from DJI care to answer?

Cheers!
2017-2-19
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-2-19 05:41
Hi Natalia,

Do you know the answer to question by any chance?

Yes I would like to know too as many other Mavic owners must also be thinking the same thing.
For me 6 weeks of Mavic ownership has gone by and my second Mavic has yet to be authorised for return, at best it will be 2 weeks before I get a working Mavic back. That will be 2 months of refresh wasted and warranty wasted...
Some may argue the warranty has not been wasted as replacements are being distributed however warranty claims are painfully slow and take too long. Remember (well in my case anyway) these Mavics are faulty out of the box. I'm Just happy that DJI Natalia has offered to speed up the claim for my second Mavic, the mods really do help in these situations as they proved with my first Mavic claim.

2017-2-19
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

My replacement Mavic also has blurry edges on the right.

I contacted support and he asked me to do the following, has anyone done this and fixed it?  Doesn't seem to make sense.

I see for this one can you try these steps please.
1. factory reset via the DJI Assistant 2.
2. firmware refresh via DJI Assistant 2.
3. Manual relinking of aircraft and remote controller.
4. IMU calibration.
5. Gimbal calibration.
6. Compass calibration.
7. Process a format of SD card via the DJI GO app. Then process a reset camera settings.

default_1.1.1.jpg
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Natalia,

Generally speaking, the DJI Care Refresh service starts from 2 days after shipment if you purchased the aircraft and service together from DJI online store, or it will starts with the date showing in agreement service if you purchase the Care separately from online or other channels.
For your case, please feel free to send an e-mail to djicare@dji.com to confirm more information, thanks.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VAS67 Posted at 2017-2-19 08:16
Yes I would like to know too as many other Mavic owners must also be thinking the same thing.
For me 6 weeks of Mavic ownership has gone by and my second Mavic has yet to be authorised for return, at best it will be 2 weeks before I get a working Mavic back. That will be 2 months of refresh wasted and warranty wasted...
Some may argue the warranty has not been wasted as replacements are being distributed however warranty claims are painfully slow and take too long. Remember (well in my case anyway) these Mavics are faulty out of the box. I'm Just happy that DJI Natalia has offered to speed up the claim for my second Mavic, the mods really do help in these situations as they proved with my first Mavic claim.

I do understand your feelings, also please e-mail djicare@dji.com when you get it back to confirm whether DJI Care team could do something for you.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-18 10:14
First 2 p4 pro's I bought from authorized DJI dealers on eBay, I thought I was getting old stock so I bought the 3rd p4 pro directly from DJI China, it was the worst one out of the 3. The battery was loose, the propeller locks were loose and the gimbal motors  sounded like I was shaving a heavy beard with an old electric razor.

I'm sorry to hear this, did you contact our support for exchange?
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

yoengel Posted at 2017-2-19 18:30

I contacted support and he asked me to do the following, has anyone done this and fixed it?  Doesn't seem to make sense.

For all the pictures from SD card, you notice the same situation that it's blurry at the right side?
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Hi Natalia,

I'm sorry to say that, no, it won't be extended.
2017-2-19
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

That's DJI BS. Perhaps a factory reset has the slightest chance of fixing any software setting causing the problem. All other steps are not related to the camera and a waste of time for this issue. DJI is yanking our chains as always...
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

No, it doesn't.  calibration gimbal or IMU or compass won't fix an issue in the camera. I always facepalm myself when I see these answers.   

Just send it in, this clearly is not an issue you can fix yourself.

Did you get this answer through email, online chat or phone?   
2017-2-19
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-19 19:57
No, it doesn't.  calibration gimbal or IMU or compass won't fix an issue in the camera. I always facepalm myself when I see these answers.   

any thoughts on my camera's issues?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-85695-1-1.html
2017-2-19
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 19:34
For all the pictures from SD card, you notice the same situation that it's blurry at the right side?

All images are blurry on the right, unless I focus on the right, in which case, the left side goes blurry.
I first noticed it on this video.  The golden gate bridge to the right was always blurry.

Blurry on right

Blurry on right

Focus on the right side, left blurry

Focus on the right side, left blurry
2017-2-19
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-19 19:57

It was an online chat with Anthony.  I just sent in a repair request.  Is there a way to expedite this?  I had to wait a month already for the first replacement.  Thanks.
2017-2-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules