Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No more test data for DJI Forums in protest
1593 27 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have been and am continuing tests of DJI items for the benefit of Phantom 3S owners. But I am sorry to inform that due to actions of DJI in supporting false information and deleting factual proof ... I shall no longer post such data on DJI Forum.
You may find me elsewhere.

Shame on you DJI ....

No doubt this will be deleted ...

Nigel
2017-2-16
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

What have they done now, I agree tho, they make good birds, BUT, have bad service, release appalling software upgrades, take too long to reissue mends to this appalling software and wonder why we complain and like me look at other companies for my next bird and or apps..
2017-2-16
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Is that like False News?
2017-2-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Take care BC ... don't be seen to agree with me in any form ... they wont like it.

They allow idiots to spew forth interminable rubbish but when facts are laid out - BHAM its deleted.

I feel insulted more by DJI than the idiot who caused this latest incident ...

Nigel
2017-2-16
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

I must have missed this one, I have agreed with you and disagreed but all in all you have given very good advise. I must try and find what this latest issue is about, oh no I can't its been deleted.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I've already PM'd you about this, but if there has been any accidental deletion of a post that hasn't broken any rules please repost it. I'll look into whether or not I can find it in the system to save you some time.

Note that saying "No doubt this will be deleted" is breaking the rules explicitely.
2017-2-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Dear DJI Joe ..

How can I repost considering DJI deleted the entire post. I do not archive such in case forum mods delete !

The post you deleted - I accept had links to non DJI items and material but was a post showing the misinformation and errors of RHP in his statement about my reply to the OP in that thread. He was completely wrong and the OP being obviously a new owner with likely limited knowledge of the subject he was asking on ... now only has RHP's ridiculous rubbish to go on.

Your forum has some fundamental errors in and needs considerable work to create a user friendly environment. One of the main items is in this specific subject of unsuitable posts.

Most forums use the HIDE posts facility. Moderators decide a post contravenes rules. They then hide it and inform the author he has option to MODIFY, DELETE or it remain hidden. They do not just delete and not say anything to the author as DJI has done here. I only found out when I returned to the thread ti find it gone ... vanished. No warning ... no contact ... nothing.

As to the actual content ... I accept guilty of linking non DJI items ... but I suggest that DJI may need to consider that the RC world has been around a long time and there will be many like myself who look to improve / benefit own and others enjoyment of the hobby. It does not mean detriment to DJI or whatever brand. Many alternatives actually increase enjoyment of the prodict and help sustain that market. The knowledge and actiosn are often used by manufacturers to improve or modify their product.

I have spent considerable time and effort testing software and FW that DJI have put out to the owners. Many of which are to be honest shoddy and full of bugs. My time was spent identifying best combinations to allow other users to enjoy their DJI product. How many owners with problems and likely to discard, kept their P3S based on my and others help / info ?   I did not see at any time any information, suggestions, data, support from any DJI Technical or Forum persons on any of these areas. DJI stayed silent even on this DJI own forum where we as purchasers of DJI product could reasonably expect to find answers.

DJi Joe ... don't bother trying to find the deleted post. The action taken insulted me ... particularly in leaving the material with all the errors in that new owners will now consider as correct.
DJI may consider that constructive criticism, highlighted alternatives along with user tests and input could be used by DJI to improve their product or at least the support that is definitely lacking.

How many product returns and time spent by DJI engineers could be saved by DJI actually putting someone on the forum  to really support and advise when problems ? I feel sorry for the Moderators on here as they appear to be left hanging in the breeze with no real back-up.

I will not leave this forum but I will now carefully consider what input I want to make to it. As a modeller of over 50 years experience and with MR's over 10 years .. I hope I can help others who join the hobby. But it appears that it will not be here.

Rant ?  Honestly what did you expect ?

FINAL COMMENT ... I am not aiming at YOU DJi Joe, I have no intention to insult you or your fellow moderators. My argument is with DJI who fail to support online their customers. My argument is with draconian rules of the forum. My argument is in leaving total rubbish posts on the forum and deleting factual information.

Maybe its best I do resign from this forum. I don't know. Considering its sterile nature ...

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-17 00:06
Dear DJI Joe ..

How can I repost considering DJI deleted the entire post. I do not archive such in case forum mods delete !

Thank you for your input, they're very helpful and I've submitted your suggestions to management group.  

DJI is always improving its service and we aim to create a friendly environment where people can communicate about drones.  
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-17 00:06
Dear DJI Joe ..

Why do you keep using me as an example, you poor sport. Get over yourself, you aren't that cute..

If you can share your info,  great but as I Requested in the past, leave my name or ID out of your posts.
I'm uninterested  in being involved in your battery experiments ... Or other advice to forum members.

Please stop. It's inconsiderate and down right rude of you, to keep insulting me. Go away.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

RHP ... YOU attacked my post that had nothing to do with you.

YOU stated clearly for everyone to read that I was a LiPo person of years but had no input of worth to DJI packs ... that a LiPo charger would never work ... that a DJI ppwer brick was cheaper .. shall I continue ?

You made a long statement which I proved without any shadow of a doubt that you knew nothing at all about what you posted .. that you were wrong. This is not first time.
Remember this :

"There is no way to charge a DJI RC with a smart charger, AFAIK. So the above advice is not useful for 95-98% of us here.

The above poster has plenty of regular RC battery charging intelligence, but very little of that is useful for us regular everyday Phantom users here.

I still recommend buying the DJI OEM 100w charger to the OP, and know that his satisfaction will be gauranteed, when doing so.
Save your money to buy another flight pack or even two, at those smart charger exorbitant prices. ;-)

All other advise is a moot point, and here's why that info is pointless, a smart charger costs far more than the DJI 100w charger.

No need or interest in that much higher cost or use, plus the DJI charger is small and easily transported as well. Hahaha

But as they say: YMMV Chuckles and guffaws"

I am suffering insult ftom DJI's action of deleting FACTUAL information and leaving your ridiculous rubbish intact. New owners and those wishing to actually learn more about their models are now without that information that you so stupidly insulted and wrongly accused.

YOU started it ... you take the consequence. I'm fed up having to describe your own actions back to you.

This thread was written actually to prompt DJI to respond. Which they did and I have now suggested possible modifications to the forum in terms of HIDDEN posts etc. More valuable than your interminable tom-foolery.

It is you that needs to wise up. First improvement would to be to stay on your own section of the P3P and stop making an *** of yourself in the Standard section.

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I don't wish to participate in your conversations period.  

And you telling someone to use a smart charger, when he wanted info, on the DJI 100w charger Is Rediculous.

Please stop insinuating your battery experience where it's not required or requested.

It's great that you are a bright guy, with all your RC battery knowledge, but it's the wrong forum to share it.
There are forums like www.helifreak.com where your smarts would be better used and respected.

I asked you to please leave me out of your conversations, and again please and thanks. Drop it. Ok?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

I actually agreed with your first post in that thread if you care to go back. I actually answered the OP with respect to his question.

The fact that I then offered alternative is my decision and NOT yours to then post false information about.

You are victim of your own doing. I retaliated based on your lack of knowledge of the very subject YOU chose to attack.

You still don't get it do you.

Owners, particularly new ones,  are not interested in wise crack remarks - they wish to have information they can use and benefit from. Many new owners are unaware of alternatives or solutions that can be cheaper, more easily acquired over a shop counter or online. Knowledge and the passing on is a great attribute we have. Such information may not be liked by the Brand name - but in fact can influence and improve their future offerings. Just because a person finds an alternative and posts about it - does not necessarily mean death to the OEM. Many companies have based modifications to products on users input. But your action was just plain unbelievable. As is DJI's in leaving your post of ridiculous content intact.

Why you consider yourself to be the Knight in Shining Armour to protect DJI from such terrible people as me ... beggars belief. Do you get free Cookies or something for it ??

I will leave you out when you stop posting such rubbish. Its your choice - continue posting rubbish and take the heat .... or back off and let those who have knowledge the stage.

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-17 01:23
I actually agreed with your first post in that thread if you care to go back. I actually answered the OP with respect to his question.

The fact that I then offered alternative is my decision and NOT yours to then post false information about.

'I will leave you out when you stop posting such rubbish. Its your choice - continue posting rubbish and take the heat .... or back off and let those who have knowledge the stage.'

Your knowledge is not unique, stop ramming it down people's throats. Advise should be offered, not thrust at people. You continually bleat about your experience, well even that is not unique, I have been radio control aircraft probably longer than you have, but so what? No one cares about my experience, just like they don't care about yours. You just come across like a grumpy old git.
2017-2-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-17 01:47
'I will leave you out when you stop posting such rubbish. Its your choice - continue posting rubbish and take the heat .... or back off and let those who have knowledge the stage.'

Your knowledge is not unique, stop ramming it down people's throats. Advise should be offered, not thrust at people. You continually bleat about your experience, well even that is not unique, I have been radio control aircraft probably longer than you have, but so what? No one cares about my experience, just like they don't care about yours. You just come across like a grumpy old git.

I post information for others to use or not use. I put it in factual straight form.

I do not ram it down others throats.

I find I have to justify my knowledge because of idiots who post rubbish.

Forums are for distribution of information - for debate and assistance to others who wish to learn or gain information relevant to their field.

I don't care if people use or not what I pass on. What I do care about is when rubbish is posted supposedly faulting my information when my info is based on factual testing.

If you are so superior to me - then why haven't you debated what I wrote before it was deleted ? Why do you just attack my person ? Why don't you put data and information up that either supports or disproves mine ? That is healthy and good debate - not the rubbish I have seen so often on this forum.

You particularly have shown to be knowledgeable - so why come here now after the fact. I would have preferred to have a knowledgeable discussion with you who I respect at the time and others could have benefited from that.

Now the information has been wiped of the forum - its not me thats the loser as I know what I was doing and how to use the items. Sadly others now do not have that information to compare with other.

Can you honestly tell me my data was wrong ?

Healthy debate is worth the effort. Something that I can see some have missed the boat on.

Basically that ship has sailed now - I am left insulted and disgusted by actions taken. The real root cause is left apparently free to roam.

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-17 03:03
I post information for others to use or not use. I put it in factual straight form.

I do not ram it down others throats.

Strangely, what I thought was your post that you said was deleted, appears to be still there, under your posts............ I guess I'm thinking of another one rather than the detailed one about batteries etc that I found.

Anyway I wonder if it's really worth getting so worked up about something that at the end of the day, is really just a toy?  I've no doubt you had some really accurate/helpfull info there which you must have spent quite a bit of time writing............... I might have been a bit cross if it had been deleted............. however getting so worked up, particularly with RHP whom I  have found helpful, is really silly and you'll give yourself a heart attack at this rate!!  Chill out man, carry on posting and try and keep things in proportion!!
2017-2-17
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

I have always fallowed Nigels post for a new flyers he really help out on getting information. I was quite impress by him because he was all way there when some one needed help even if it was a fullish or easy question to answer. I think that if there was some info going around about batteries charging and some dont like others answers and some answers may be misleading it doesn't mean the poster should get his or her post deleted.
doing so is like trying to hide something and put it in favor for another. I'm disappointed with DJI there support and these stupid fiw updates that get new users in trouble.
terrible feedback .
But i know that during the time that the fw update Nigel was there still answering some questions and he didn't even have to but he did
So to end this in my words is nope they shouldn't of taken down his thread he has the right to express what he thinks and let the op make up there on interpretation of what he is saying
im not backing Nigel but i would go see him for answers do to his experience i mean come on 50 years of flying give the guy some credit

Anf if Nigel go away i hope he will let us all know because i would still like to comunicate with him maybe fallow him as well
2017-2-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Agreed that it appears to be a mountain out of a molehill.

The item in question is basically $75 vs my $30 suggestion. But it is to do with a unit that overall is a sizeable chunk of money for many people ... a $400 - 500 model and $100+ batterys.

I am wealthy enough to be able to take time and effort away from work to provide insights into various matters I take on in hobby etc. I enjoy investigating ... delving into the depths of things. I suppose it comes from my job. I can buy a P3 every month and not dent my pocket in any way ... but that's not the issue about this 'toy'.

The post DJi deleted was refuting a long and STILL in that thread dissertation by someone who proved to not know what he was talking about. He states clearly that my information and suggestion was worthless.

The DJi action has now left a thread with bad information still visible to any who read it. I can only hope that my post above it survives and people can make their own decision with at least factual content.

The deleted post by necessity of the ridiculous post - had to have links to items and photos to confirm and substantiate the information I had given. How else to show his post was rubbish ? How else for those less knowledgeable about LiPo's to make informed decision ?

I am chilled out now ... I've said my piece ...

I can also inform that I have received numerous communications in support and asking me to carry on my work informing straight and factually what I test / experience. I have also received various communications inviting me to contribute to other forums instead where the info would be valued.  Some one out there seems to appreciate honest straight shooting info.

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I suspect the thread in question was not deleted due to content, but because of infighting.

I have to agree with Geebax.  The OP has a bit of an abrasive posting style.  I've seen it on here and on pp.  He tends to talk over others who are trying and succeeding in giving legitimate help.  His posts have a dismissive quality.  Not to say that his posts aren't helpful or informative, but they tend to agitate members which leads to inflamed threads.  I think it would be helpful if the OP learned a kinder and gentler way to post his advice.  MHO

2017-2-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Hi Mark ... you may recall that I answered this before.

I'm actually a nice guy but when I give information or data - because of my work with numerous nationalities who many do not speak English - I drop to factual straight shooting style.

Much of work also involves Military and that really can drive you nuts !! It all goes to create a style of presentation designed to get info across without the 'cosmetics' so to speak.

In my job - if I meet a person who just doesn't get it - I have to sort quickly and accurately - otherwise something or someone gets hurt.

As I said before - I apologise if some find it abrasive. Its not meant to be - its just after many years its my way.

But I will dispute the claim of  "talk over others who are trying and succeeding in giving legitimate help." If you are saying there that my information or post is not legitimate help - sorry but I must disagree. I also do not dismiss others help - in fact I am always ready to take on board others info / data if on consideration it has merit.  You of all know that as I have modified and agreed with you on more than one occasion when your data appeared better than my own.

My main concern though is not to keep old hands happy in cotton wool, but to try and help those who enter our rewarding hobby to best of ability. In doing that I try to explain and advise in simplest terms that can be understood. I have no time to add unnecessary cosmetics to keep a few old-hands happy - when the new guy needs help.

Its funny actually this matter of 'old-hands' ... I can remember receiving an email asking me to ignore a guy who had been posting on an entirely different subject  - Yachting - for literally years. For some significant time I let it go but then it was obvious that new guys were being misled. I then decided to post information and help new people. The email then arrived and I could not believe the content. I was asked to not post and cause embarrassment to the guy by my correct info. That he had been a contributor for a long period. My reply to the author of that email was to advise them to contact the other guy and advise him of his errors. I felt I should help others - not cuddle up to the other guys wrongs. Sorry but I value information.

Yep - that's me ...

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I think Nigel's posts lower to a dismissive tone when he can clearly see false and/or inaccurate information being disseminated after taking his time to find and publish facts. I am not going to get drawn into which side is right or wrong on a public forum, I can achieve that position from my armchair when I see bad information disseminated by whatever party.
2017-2-17
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

well i my self have several  dys drones p3s and 5 trucks.  and with the Phantom i only use dji stuff i have 1s 2s 3s 4s and 300 500 2200 4000 5000 and 5200 mah lipos and several  chargers.

but with the dji smart battery ill only use dji charger. It's $150 battery pack compared to my others it's expensive all I would do is what DjI recommends so if it fails they'll cover it
2017-2-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Fair enough .. your choice Steve.

Interesting to know if DJI can actually detect if the battery is charged by non DJI charger ... especially if you keep to rated specs the battery is stated to be. Having been inside the batterys - I doubt it very much.

Batterys anyway are terrible warranty items as they often have clauses that mean users lose out - whatever brand.

Nigel
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Well, I found your post. Although I am not the one who deleted it (I always leave messages as to why a post was deleted), it clearly breaks forum rules by advertising a product that competes with the DJI.com store.

It's very unfortunate that the mod that deleted it did not send a message and I apologize about that. If you'd like the content of that post please let me know so we can get it back up with the violating content removed.

Thanks for continuing to post here. Your knowledge and eagerness to help other users is highly valued.  
2017-2-17
Use props
freeflyer
lvl.1

United States

i think everybody should get off nigels back. i have learned more from that guy than i have from any of you.
sorry if that hurts. this guy red hot poker well thats just what he is. i got mad just reading how people are treating nigel.
and why does this poker guy end almost every post with hahaha. hes not funny at all. im gonna go fly now so i can calm my nerves.hahaha
2017-2-17
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

They have horrible support, and they downgrade the apps from Google Map to HERE Maps, make people upgrade apps on android.  I would next time I would not buy there product. They turn the forum into a growing fight. It is just horrible.
2017-2-17
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Plus, there is no efficient support, buying a DJI Product and asking for 6 propellers they cant send a pure email. For the new buyers, I do not recommend DJI.
2017-2-17
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I don't have a dog in this fight, don't wish to measure the length of my experience or prove anything in particular.  Consider me a disinterested party making an observation.  For some reason this whole thread reminded me of something:  "Follow the shoe!  No, the gourd!"

Lordy, this whole conversation is as absurd as the Monty Python skit with one glaring exception -- it's not funny.  As it often happens all too often this conversation has nothing to do with facts, it simply comes down to who has the bigger ego and who is willing to fight hard enough to prove it.

"All data removed in protest at DJI actions" posted on multiple threads and multiple times as a result of a hand slap by a moderator?  Sheesh...

Translation: I'm right, you're wrong so I'm going to deprive you of all my vast unappreciated storehouse of knowledge while throwing an ongoing hissy fit on my slow walk out the door.

People.  Chill.  Please.

Or hey, it's your choice sport.  I suspect we'll be able to plod on without you and the additional static.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed. It's run its course.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules