Articulating Locking Arm
Triple Mount Suction Cup Base

This is example of the slight deviation in the picture:

2017-2-16
Use props
fans17b33f50
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

and tried to change the camera location. and handle. and the triple.
IMG_7982.PNG
2017-2-16
Use props
fans17b33f50
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Look at the bottom horizontal line.
2017-2-16
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

So I'm seeing more and more posts about this horizontal problem. and NO ONE from DJI, or anyone for that matter, is replying..... I just bought my Osmo+ and only had it for about a week..... should I be returning my OSMO or is DJI going to offer a solution, update, firmware or something?
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-16 19:17
So I'm seeing more and more posts about this horizontal problem. and NO ONE from DJI, or anyone for that matter, is replying..... I just bought my Osmo+ and only had it for about a week..... should I be returning my OSMO or is DJI going to offer a solution, update, firmware or something?

It's a  limitation of performance for handheld stabilizers like Osmo.  When the direction you're moving and the direction the Osmo is facing is different, it will tilt after a while. It depends on how severe it is to decide if it's a quality issue.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans17b33f50
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

What do you think, would it be a solution?
IMG_7984.PNG
2017-2-17
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

Spending almost $1000 on the Osmo+ Sports Accessories, figuring out what is or is not "quality issue" on the tilt should NOT even be an issue, since the basis of the OSMO is to keep a flat horizon. That should be number 1 priority to maintain. For the amount of money people has spent and invested in DJI products. So saying it's "limitation of performance" is DJI acknowledging and accepting that it's okay and/or 'normal' for that to happen, and frankly, unacceptable. It's like me building drones, knowing that my drone can't hold a long flight, and then me telling the customer it will fly for hours, and come to find it only flies for 10-30 minutes and at that point, we'll decide it's a quality issue. Well I shouldn't be building that drone, since the basis of that drone is to fly lengths of time. And its a similar case with the OSMO. Why make a gimbal but at the same breath acknowledge that its common that tilting is a "limitation of performance" when the one big job of the Osmo is to keep a LEVELED vid/picture. That's insane to me.

I gave DJI numerous times to make it right with me. From the very first time I ordered, you all misinformed, mislead, and mishandled, not only others orders and problems, but mine too....  Like I mentioned before, the ONLY reason why I continued to deal with this "Service" was for my wife and daughter. But I'm putting my foot down. This WILL BE MY FIRST AND LAST with DJI, which I'm sure you all don't care. But maybe some here (not the the chat customer service) will prove me wrong. I do give thanks to Natalia and Ann from this forum for, at least, making it right with my mishandled order. But at the same time hopefully people making the decision to buy DJI makes informed decisions when making such commitment with a company and hopefully, in the moment that my unit starts acting up, like everyone else, you all will actually take care of these issues.  But from what I read, no one has gotten resolution. Good luck with yours fan17b33f50.

BUYERS, DEFINITELY, BEWARE
2017-2-17
Use props
fans17b33f50
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-17 23:07
Spending almost $1000 on the Osmo+ Sports Accessories, figuring out what is or is not "quality issue" on the tilt should NOT even be an issue, since the basis of the OSMO is to keep a flat horizon. That should be number 1 priority to maintain. For the amount of money people has spent and invested in DJI products. So saying it's "limitation of performance" is DJI acknowledging and accepting that it's okay and/or 'normal' for that to happen, and frankly, unacceptable. It's like me building drones, knowing that my drone can't hold a long flight, and then me telling the customer it will fly for hours, and come to find it only flies for 10-30 minutes and at that point, we'll decide it's a quality issue. Well I shouldn't be building that drone, since the basis of that drone is to fly lengths of time. And its a similar case with the OSMO. Why make a gimbal but at the same breath acknowledge that its common that tilting is a "limitation of performance" when the one big job of the Osmo is to keep a LEVELED vid/picture. That's insane to me.

I gave DJI numerous times to make it right with me. From the very first time I ordered, you all misinformed, mislead, and mishandled, not only others orders and problems, but mine too....  Like I mentioned before, the ONLY reason why I continued to deal with this "Service" was for my wife and daughter. But I'm putting my foot down. This WILL BE MY FIRST AND LAST with DJI, which I'm sure you all don't care. But maybe some here (not the the chat customer service) will prove me wrong. I do give thanks to Natalia and Ann from this forum for, at least, making it right with my mishandled order. But at the same time hopefully people making the decision to buy DJI makes informed decisions when making such commitment with a company and hopefully, in the moment that my unit starts acting up, like everyone else, you all will actually take care of these issues.  But from what I read, no one has gotten resolution. Good luck with yours fan17b33f50.

Khalid Thank you for your comment. But since I do not mastered the English language, I'll need to compile. And then come back to you. Thanks again.

Please help me to understand (how image adjust)?
Is there a formula or system? !!
IMG_7985.PNG
2017-2-18
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

This is my VERY FIRST outdoor shot. Aside from the HORRID TILT...I, now, have MORE PROOF ON MY AUDIO CONCERNS. Listen at about 5-6 seconds, 11-16 and to the end. POPPING EVERYWHERE. I posted on here because I'm not sure if people on the Osmo tab gets this too.

As mentioned. I'm up to date on the app and the firmware on the osmo. As I read from everyone else posting about this issue. I HAVE tried calibrating... MORE THAN ONCE....
This, I hope, is not the QUALITY OF PERFORMANCE you were referring is normal when I'VE ONLY HAD THIS UNIT 1 WEEK and 2-3 days... It would still consider this out the box. This is my first time going outdoors with this, ever. And this is the performance I get? I REALLY HOPE THE STANDARD IS NOT THAT LOW WITH DJI.....

On my post. I was also concerned about mic issues. I explained that this happened on the third day I was testing filming and use basics, inside my home....I figured it may be the mic. I bought a Rode Video GO.... and I got LOTS OF STATIC AND POPPING while walking certain ways or if the handle shook enough, if I "bumped" my shoulder into something or if I happen to spin/touch the leads to adjust it. People on here was saying it's "normal." I find it hard to believe. So I blamed it on the cords/lead, and bought a Rode VideoMicro Instead.... and I get less static/popping...

I've tried all the advice DJI has told others to do on here. BUT MY PROBLEM AND CONCERN: I've only had this a little over a week. And I havn't really USED the OSMO for anything. No projects, no documentig, no anything and this is ALREADY GOING ON... PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS or A SOLUTION, OR DJI is working on this.... Tell me I'm crazy, but I DO NOT THINK THIS IS NORMAL, ESPCIALLY ONLY HAVING THIS FOR A WEEK.

UNFORTUNATELY FOR DJI and Lucky for me to decide to LEAVE MY EXTERNAL MIC HOME, to just TEST FILMING QUALITY, I GET THIS HORRID QUALITY OF VIDEO AND AUDIO? THIS CAN'T BE NORMAL.... This can't be the standard DJI holds and what people praises DJI PRODUCT TO HAVE, THOUGH, SOME PEOPLE WOULD/HAS ARGUED MY COMPLAINT IS A NORMAL for this unit?
2017-2-20
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

I've had my O+ for about 6 weeks and I've not had audio or axis tilt problems so what you're experiencing is definitely not "normal".  As far as the axis problem, this isn't really a solution more of a compromised workaround but one of the things I've done in the past to correct a shot that's off axis is blow it up slightly (say 110%) and then rotate it in an edit program whatever degree it's off level.  You can even keyframe the rotation if the axis changes during the shot. As I said it's not really a solution more of a pain-the-ass band-aid but it is a way to salvage a shot if you really need a fix.  If you're shooting in 4K and finishing in a smaller format like 1080 you can blow up the shot about 140% without really losing any resolution.  If you're shooting in 1080 and finishing in 1080 you can usually get away with a sub-10% blowup without it being too noticeable, anything more than that shows.
2017-2-20
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the the work around, Dr. Nick. I will definitely keep that in mind if need be. But to be honest, my concern is DJI is a huge company that most claims provide quality products. With the amount of money I spent, this problem with my unit, even yours at only at 6 weeks, is unacceptable. Also, how the DJI Rep above explained it came off as "this is normal" and/or accepted, is not acceptable to me. It's like I sell you a fancy car, and then I tell you that it's normal for the engine to give out and depending on how bad SHOT the engine is, we'll determine if it's a quality issue then. But the other problem is that he said this happens "after a while." Well it's ONLY been a week and a few days.... that's not the the amount of time, I would think, that would cause such natural wear and tear....  

Hopefully someone does something to correct this. So far, since replying to others with similar issues and explaining my concerns, and now expressing that I, too,  am having this problem, DJI representatives have yet acknowledge me, this problem, nor anyone elses' problem or offered a solution to make things right.  
2017-2-20
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-20 15:14
Thanks for the the work around, Dr. Nick. I will definitely keep that in mind if need be. But to be honest, my concern is DJI is a huge company that most claims provide quality products. With the amount of money I spent, this problem with my unit, even yours at only at 6 weeks, is unacceptable. Also, how the DJI Rep above explained it came off as "this is normal" and/or accepted, is not acceptable to me. It's like I sell you a fancy car, and then I tell you that it's normal for the engine to give out and depending on how bad SHOT the engine is, we'll determine if it's a quality issue then. But the other problem is that he said this happens "after a while." Well it's ONLY been a week and a few days.... that's not the the amount of time, I would think, that would cause such natural wear and tear....  

Hopefully someone does something to correct this. So far, since replying to others with similar issues and explaining my concerns, and now expressing that I, too,  am having this problem, DJI representatives have yet acknowledge me, this problem, nor anyone elses' problem or offered a solution to make things right.

Amen.  Don't hold your breath waiting for a prompt solution.
2017-2-20
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-20 15:14

Hi, when DJI-Thor said 'It will tilt after a while' he meant when using the osmo (filming) for long periods.
Also you can use the 'Calibrate the Horizon' then 'Adjust Gimbal Roll'.
Also try this....straight after you start the osmo + rotate it around as far as it will go then all the way back the other way, then double trigger to recenter, see if this improves the horizon.
2017-2-21
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-21 02:20
Hi, when DJI-Thor said 'It will tilt after a while' he meant when using the osmo (filming) for long periods.
Also you can use the 'Calibrate the Horizon' then 'Adjust Gimbal Roll'.
Also try this....straight after you start the osmo + rotate it around as far as it will go then all the way back the other way, then double trigger to recenter, see if this improves the horizon.

Thanks for that clarification.

But in my honest opinion, regardless wether I'm using it  all day or owning it for a long period of time. I just feel that it is commonly accepted as okay with DJI, and/or DJI community. But for what the product is for, I feel shouldn't be, for anyone. I feel that everyone has spend their hard earnings on a product and it should deliver. This isn't a Kodak. Just my 2 cents. I worked hard for mine so I would want anything I purchase to deliver as promised.

I guess my point I.e. If you spend 700, 1000+ on a camera, I would NOT expect the company, lets say Canon, to say, "If you are taking numerous photos throughout the day(minutes/hours), even/or after having the camera some for some time (months), you will eventually lose quality, color or sharpness of or whatever to your photos. Or else why invest your money on that camera, knowing it will crap out shortly after, is my point... But that's just me I suppose.

I've have the calibrate horizon and calibrate gimbal numerous times. I could do the gimbal roll but it goes back to my point as to, why should I need to do that when my Unit it brand new. I'll give it a shot but I've already made my inquiry with support, and they're willing to exchange my Osmo+, hopefully it isn't as crappy, 2nd hand, or refurbished one or anything like that. Thanks for additional insight Nigel.
2017-2-21
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-21 04:32
Thanks for that clarification.

But in my honest opinion, regardless wether I'm using it  all day or owning it for a long period of time. I just feel that it is commonly accepted as okay with DJI, and/or DJI community. But for what the product is for, I feel shouldn't be, for anyone. I feel that everyone has spend their hard earnings on a product and it should deliver. This isn't a Kodak. Just my 2 cents. I worked hard for mine so I would want anything I purchase to deliver as promised.

Well fair enough, I completely understand we're your coming from, I just hope that the next one you get from DJI is 100%, and will work well for you.
2017-2-21
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-21 05:15
Well fair enough, I completely understand we're your coming from, I just hope that the next one you get from DJI is 100%, and will work well for you.

lol. Thanks for the thoughts and your time on the insight.... I hope so too.... and it's going to be a long month sending it off and waiting for it to come back. :/
2017-2-21
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-2-20 21:30
Amen.  Don't hold your breath waiting for a prompt solution.

That's the truth Dr. Nick. I've learned quickly about how PROMPTY (SARCASM) DJI works.  Hacing been back and forth between the forum, the chat from product support, and the emails that support. I think I'm over and done with DJI. They are horrid. This is my post from my thread:
So after being instructed by representatives on this forum and DJI support on their Facebook page, the representative from product support chat was given all the info and he TOLD ME I would be getting the case number and shipping label, etc. Little does this chat rep know that DJI support has been keeping up with me THROUGH EMAIL since my initial billing problems DJI Caused from January. After spending ALL MORNING explaining my situation to the Product support CHAT, I find out from the emailing representative after this whole day passed, " Please send back the unit first and we'll see what we can do for you. Meanwhile, do you have a case number now because I didn't find it in our system via your email address" SO the REPRESENTATIVE on the CHAT this morning, DID NOT DO A SINGLE THING EXCEPT WASTE MY TIME AND ENERGY for NOTHING!

This is the UNACCEPTABLE, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND HORRID CUSTOMER SERVICE that I AM NOT ABOUT. Such a disappointment. First DJI Double billed me from my initial order. That delayed my order because it had to be fixed. Then after only having MY OSMO+ NOT EVEN ONE WEEK AND THERE'S TILTING AND MIC ISSUES. After explaining this on here and to the product support, THEY MADE ZERO EFFORTS to PROMPTLY make THINGS RIGHT AGAIN. Rather the chat representative tells me TELLS ME IT'LL BE ANOTHER ~3 WEEKS (About another MONTH) before they can exchange the product and return it to me.
Even with that horrible service I HAVE TO GET THIS FIXED, WHO WOULD WANT TO KEEP A FAULTY UNIT? NO ONE. Thinking that everything is being processed IN ACTUALLY, THE REPRESENTATIVE LITERALLY DID NOTHING, AS THE SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE EMAIIL-ING ME states "NOTHING IS IN THE SYSTEM." This is sad. From the day one I've had nothing BUT PROBLEMS. YET, I STILL MADE AN EFFORTS TO WORK WITH DJI, to give their company and product a shot. BUT ALL HAS FAILED.  It seems to me, through everything I've gone through with DJI; the HORRIBLE customer "service", the faulty product, it seems like THIS RELATIONSHIP WITH DJI IS NOT MEANT TO BE. It's been 11 days since I got it and now already have to send it back. I may need to just get my HARD-EARNED MONEY BACK, that DJI doesn't seem to appreciate or respect. I'd rather spend my money on a company WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMER, EVEN IF THEIR PRODUCT IS NOT AS "GOOD" AS DJI. At this point I'd rather take my chance with worse products than DJI so long as they take care of ME, THEIR CUSTOMER, also known as their investors. I'd rather give it to them rather than deal with this CUSTOMER "DIS-SERVICE."

2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules