Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Losing connection on take-off
2798 7 2014-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dazonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8018271 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have a Phantom 2 set up with a Datalink, it drops connection to the iPad Ground Station immediately on take-off - as soon as the props spool.   

Everything works great, it connects to iPad Ground Station no worries. After it's connected I can get someone to step the Phantom away 50+ metres and still get the Phantom's gyro and GPS data streaming to the iPad when the Phantom is turned on without the props aren't spinning. It's only as soon as I tap the go button on iPad (follow waypoints or manual control) it takes off, loses connection, and hovers  at about 3m and I need to use the standard controller to land it.        

Any ideas?

2014-10-7
Use props
DJI-neil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13465 ft
China

hello dazonic
    1.after you lost connection can you reconnect  it?
    2.only when you take-off would lost connection?
    3.try to change the Antenna of the  air end-datalink .
2014-10-7
Use props
dazonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

1. Often it would reconnect as soon as it had been manually landed and props had stopped spinning
2. Yep, only when the props spin and it takes off, instantly lose connection to iPad
3. Antenna is fixed, I can't change it.

It's a brand new 2.4Ghz Datalink LK24-BT
2014-10-9
Use props
allie
New

United States

Same issue here - 3 different (and one brand new) computers, dropping the connection. Makes it unusable. I'm returning the datalink as defective and getting another one, hopefully that's the issue. If I fix it, I'll come back and post.
2014-10-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

dazonic@me.com Posted at 2014-10-9 17:27
1. Often it would reconnect as soon as it had been manually landed and props had stopped spinning
2. ...

Can you show us your antenna placement and how you place the ground unit when you fly.  The only time this has happened to me is when I was too far from the BTU with my iPad mini.
2014-10-15
Use props
Fevzoo
lvl.1

Ukraine

allie@flyngo.co Posted at 2014-10-16 02:36
Same issue here - 3 different (and one brand new) computers, dropping the connection. Makes it unusa ...

Same problem. Connection lost as soon as copter in the air. Tried three different data links problem remains, no matter how far air end from ground end.
2014-11-24
Use props
scottb
New

United States

Fevzoo Posted at 2014-11-25 03:43
Same problem. Connection lost as soon as copter in the air. Tried three different data links probl ...

I am still convinced this is an issue with the Latest 2 releases of the Phantom 2 firmware (3.06 and 3.08).
I have 2 phantom 2's both with Data-links.  Back when 3.06 came out a few months ago, I upgraded both phantoms to it and started experiencing the same data-link connection drops/problems as described above.  I downgraded both phantoms back down to 3.04 and my data-link connection quality was back to normal.  Then later when 3.08 was released i upgraded one of the phantoms to it and had the same problems as 3.06.  Unfortunately, DJI no longer lets me downgrade to 3.04 or earlier once on 3.08.  However, I do have one of my phantoms still at 3.04 and it works great with the data-link.  DJI clearly needs to address this in their next firmware revision.  It appears to be some kind of interference or power issue to the air end datalink once the motors are going.
2014-12-15
Use props
dazonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I changed from my iPad mini to a Gen 3 iPad. Surely this was a red herring but the problem is fixed, and I changed nothing else. Very strange.
2014-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules