Mavic Pro Wifi Connectivity Issue
10412 5 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toshi1990
New

United States

Hello

I just bought a mavic pro and I'm trying to get my phone to connect to the mavic via wifi.  Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Make sure mavic is off.
2. Set the switch on the mavic to wifi.
3. Turn on mavic.
4. Open the DJI go4 app.
5. Go to mavic pro and open the menu and select QR code.
6. Scan code on the drone.
7. Wait.  Wifi is connected but the app shows "disconnected"

I've also tried connecting to the wifi first and then turning on the app.  No go.

I have a Google pixel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Toshi
2017-2-17
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

On Androids, you have to wait for it to prompt and ask you that, this connection doesn't have any internet access, continue to use it? Click yes and it should allow you access to the network which then will allow it to connect to the Mavic. If the 6P doesn't give you that option... well then Google goofed up, works on my OnePlus3

(but that is the problem for sure, Android phone  are silly like that sometimes)
2017-2-17
Use props
toshi1990
New

United States

Ahhh thanks for the reply.  What version of Android are you on btw?
2017-2-17
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
New Zealand

Hi. I have this same problem intermittently. Some times the app connects flawlessly, some others it never connects. I've tried restaring the app, force closing it, restarting the Mavic, restarting the phone, downgrading to a previous firmware... No avail
2017-7-4
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
New Zealand

lildevilx Posted at 2017-2-17 03:44
On Androids, you have to wait for it to prompt and ask you that, this connection doesn't have any internet access, continue to use it? Click yes and it should allow you access to the network which then will allow it to connect to the Mavic. If the 6P doesn't give you that option... well then Google goofed up, works on my OnePlus3

(but that is the problem for sure, Android phone  are silly like that sometimes)

You are right. The problem in my case is that next to the "This connection doesn't have any Internet" is a "don't remind me again" checkbox. I assumed if you clicked that, the connection would always work. But it doesn't. DO NOT check that option. You ALWAYS have to wait for the prompt and accept the connection.

There might be a more permanent solution. Not sure.

The other problems the Wifi connection gives me are:
- Many camera settings change without reason (focus peaking, overexposure warning...)
- Tap to focus not working. Even when the onscreen sticks are disabled.

Other than that, now it's usable.
2017-7-14
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
New Zealand

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2017-7-14 23:08
You are right. The problem in my case is that next to the "This connection doesn't have any Internet" is a "don't remind me again" checkbox. I assumed if you clicked that, the connection would always work. But it doesn't. DO NOT check that option. You ALWAYS have to wait for the prompt and accept the connection.

There might be a more permanent solution. Not sure.

Actually, tap to focus works when you select the green focusing box on the top right corner
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules