Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maiden Voyage
529 4 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nakhwayusu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

I had my maiden voyage today with mavic pro.  Everything seemd like it was working fine but there was few thing that came to mind.

1) RTH button doesn't work on RC controller but it works fine on iPad Pro.  Is it something I dd wrong?
2) When battery is below 20% (set as warning) Mavic wouldn't land saying there was obstacle underneath.  I had to turn off landing obstacle avoidance to land later but there was only grass and my portable helipad.  Why did mavic not land properly?
3.  I flew mavic to 400ft (120m) to test limit set in the controller.  It was working fine then I had flew about 500ft away from me.  I got scared and hit RTH on iPad but instead of returning it kept elevating beyond 500ft saying due to high wind velocity.  So when I turned off RTH and manually controlled I had no problem desending and landing.  Why did Mavic flew up during RTH mode? my max height was set at 120m and RTH was set at 25m.

Other than those it flies like a dream and love the pictures taken on gimbal
2017-2-17
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

Landing protection can cause more problems than it solves IMHO.

Did you remove the stickers from the front of the vision sensors?  

Have you loaded the latest firmware?

The front obstacle sensors seem to be easily fooled into false positives which can cause the increasing height behavior you mentioned if "Smart" RTH is enabled.

2017-2-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

"RTH button doesn't work on RC controller but it works fine on iPad Pro.  Is it something I dd wrong?"

Did you press and hold down the button?
2017-2-17
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-17 17:34
Landing protection can cause more problems than it solves IMHO.

Did you remove the stickers from the front of the vision sensors?  

Yes I move the stickers
Yes I updated to latest firmware

I was at 400ft inn air, there was nothing near in the air that should've been pooled by it imo.
2017-2-17
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-17 17:40
"RTH button doesn't work on RC controller but it works fine on iPad Pro.  Is it something I dd wrong?"

Did you press and hold down the button?

I'll try holding down tomorrow XD
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules