Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro.
12345Next >
103598 186 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

First and foremost, I'm a brand new Mavic owner and I recieved the drone yesterday and I'm pumped to fly this thing.  I started like all new drone users do and went through the Quick Start guide included.  I turned on the controller, then the mavic, then launched my DJI GO app.  It immediately notified me that I needed to perform the firmware update and I began doing so.  It made it till about 39% and then stalled and did not complete.  As mentioned in the firmware instruction, in the event that the firmware update fails, I restarted everything to try again... and this is where the issue began.

I have not been able to connect the controller to the mavic since.  I have browsed the forums, found a couple solutions in which I have tried to with no success.  The mavic is now doing the typical quick flashing yellow light like it's attempting to connect to the controller.  

Things I've checked or tried:

- Reconnecting the controller throught the "RC Link" on the app and pressing the link button on the mavic.  (no luck)
- Insuring that the mavic is in RC mode with the toggle on the mavic (in correct possition)
- Attempted to reconnect the controller by pressing and holding C1 + C2 + Rec at the same time to enter "Binding" mode. (controller does not enter binding mode)
- I was able to connect to the drone in WiFi mode (small victories)

PLEASE HELP!  I'm super excited to fly this thing!!!

LGangway
DJI Mavic Pro - New Pilot
2017-2-18
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

You might try updating the AC & RC firmware individually through Assistant2 on a PC or MAC.  Then link the two back together if needed. Good luck!
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-18 05:38
You might try updating the AC & RC firmware individually through Assistant2 on a PC or MAC.  Then link the two back together if needed. Good luck!

Is that pretty self explanatory thought the DJI Assistant software?  Any tips or tricks?
2017-2-18
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 05:45
Is that pretty self explanatory thought the DJI Assistant software?  Any tips or tricks?

Yes it is.  Download Assistant2 from the DJI and install it on your computer.

With the Aircraft turned off connect it with a USB cable to the computer. The USB port is under a small cover on the opposite side of the aircraft from the SD card slot.  

Start Assistant2 and then turn on the aircraft. You should see a small Icon show up in the upper lefthand portion of the screen that says "Mavic". Click on that and choose to download latest firmware.

Do the same with the RC using the micro USB port on the lefthand side of the controller.
There is a DJI video on it under the Mavic page as I recall.
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-18 05:52

With the Aircraft turned off connect it with a USB cable to the computer. The USB port is under a small cover on the opposite side of the aircraft from the SD card slot.  

I'll give that a try and update you with results.  Thanks!
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-18 05:52

OK, So the Mavic upgrade went without a hitch.  The issue is now getting the RC to show up in DJI Assistant.  It is not showing up for some reason...  Any ideas?  Side not: I'm using a Mac.

*I did install the driver with DJI Assistant but still nothing.
2017-2-18
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 06:53
OK, So the Mavic upgrade went without a hitch.  The issue is now getting the RC to show up in DJI Assistant.  It is not showing up for some reason...  Any ideas?  Side not: I'm using a Mac.

*I did install the driver with DJI Assistant but still nothing.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps the order of operation or a finicky USB cable.

Make sure Assistant2 app is closed.

With the remote control turned off connect it with the usb cable to the computer.

Start Assistant2.

Turn on the remote.

After the remote starts up and initializes you should get an icon similar to the one you got with the AC connected but it will indicate the remote is connected.

2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-18 07:26
Only thing I can think of is perhaps the order of operation or a finicky USB cable.

Make sure Assistant2 app is closed.

Followed this event chain, still does not recognize the remote when turned on...
2017-2-18
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 07:39
Followed this event chain, still does not recognize the remote when turned on...

Sorry to hear it didn't work. Might try again using the controller with your device attached and update through that rather than Assistant2. If that fails I'm fresh out of ideas other than sending it in.
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-18 07:46
Sorry to hear it didn't work. Might try again using the controller with your device attached and update through that rather than Assistant2. If that fails I'm fresh out of ideas other than sending it in.

OK, so now I've tried this on my Mac as well as my Windows PC.  DJI Assistant is not recognizing my RC on either.  It appeared that the driver installed on my windows PC, but how can I verify that?
2017-2-18
Use props
Hummingbird-Air
New
Denmark

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 09:11
OK, so now I've tried this on my Mac as well as my Windows PC.  DJI Assistant is not recognizing my RC on either.  It appeared that the driver installed on my windows PC, but how can I verify that?

I'm having the exact same problem as LGangway. Also went wrong after an interrupted firmware update.
The AC is updating without problems in the Assistant app, but it won't detect my RC.
I know the cable is ok since it's the same cable used to connect the AC and the RC is charging when connected.
I've also tried all kind of button combinations on RC power on/off - but it does not respond to anything. I'm also using a Mac.
Help please....
2017-2-18
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Hummingbird-Air Posted at 2017-2-18 09:48
I'm having the exact same problem as LGangway. Also went wrong after an interrupted firmware update.
The AC is updating without problems in the Assistant app, but it won't detect my RC.
I know the cable is ok since it's the same cable used to connect the AC and the RC is charging when connected.

I do not suggest you should do this, it can harm the warranty on your Mavic.
Contacting DJI would be the most wise thing to do at this moment!

When shutting down the RC, the electronics are still fed with battery power.. how else could you power it up again.
Shutting your RC down is not a hard reset, maybe disconnecting the battery can provide a solution.. still not a reset/reload with factory default but it's something....

2017-2-18
Use props
fansa30ba780
New
Flight distance : 186995 ft
Singapore

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 09:11

So i had this same problem, but i fixed itself after I connected the RC directly to my Mavic ising a micro USB cable. There is a USB port on the belly of the RC and a micro USB port on the left side of the Mavic. Connect your phone to your RC and do the automatic update again. I noticed a few RC signal problems with this patch tho, so i think you might want to wait on updating. Myabe it just my device, but I just being on the cautious side.
2017-2-18
Use props
Dracolam
New
Singapore

fansa30ba780 Posted at 2017-2-18 14:28
So i had this same problem, but i fixed itself after I connected the RC directly to my Mavic ising a micro USB cable. There is a USB port on the belly of the RC and a micro USB port on the left side of the Mavic. Connect your phone to your RC and do the automatic update again. I noticed a few RC signal problems with this patch tho, so i think you might want to wait on updating. Myabe it just my device, but I just being on the cautious side.

Hi. can you help describe the step. I have similar problem. It is just bad luck on me I guess.

My RC now always in Connnecting mode... did whatever I can find and nothing can be done. Some advice is need. I have already send an email to DJI support
2017-2-18
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the exact same issue.  DJI you know this is an issue.  You need to either fix this or Overnight us new remotes.

DJI this is unacceptable.  Do the right thing and take care of your customers.  Find a solution or Overnight us new remote controls.  

This is YOUR FAULT DJI!.  Don't make us spend countless hours trying to solve this issue, figure it out on your end and send us new Remotes.  Don't make us suffer.  Do the right thing!!!
2017-2-19
Use props
Dracolam
New
Singapore

They could have build in some fail-safe mechanism to hard reset the controller to factory default.
2017-2-19
Use props
MelanieRaphael
New
France

Exact same issue. the update failed at 39% and now the remote can't find the aircraft. The RC is stucked in connecting mode. I downgraded the drone with DJI assistant2. But the remote can't be shown in DJI assistant2. Please help.
2017-2-19
Use props
Kixum
New

United States

I'm having the same exact problem (I've been through all the iterations explained above).

I have updated the AC by connecting it to my PC and using DJI assistant 2 (pretty much no problem).

I cannot get DJI assistant 2 to recognize or see the RC.  I cannot get the RC to connect to the AC.  I've tried lots of iterations to get the RC and AC to link or for the RC to be recognized to no avail.

I can connect to the AC with my phone directly using wifi.  Since I can get the AC to be recognized by the Assistant and by my phone in wifi mode, I believe the problem is NOT the AC.  I believe this is isolated to the RC.

Good to see others are having the same problem (it's not just me, which means I didn't mess this thing up).  Bad to see that there are several people having the same problem.

Is there any information on a fix for this issue or is this?  At this point (unless somebody posts something that provides a new solution path), it sounds like I'm putting this thing back in a box and sending it away.

Any help would be had.  This problem pretty much messed up a lot of plans and is causing significantly more trouble than just having a messed up controller.
2017-2-19
Use props
fans909a8d2d
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue, but with the Mavic itself. The controller wont see it, the DJI Assistant wont read it anymore. Cant see the SD card when plugged right into the drone. All because my firmware update failed. I contacted support back on Thurs with an email, but still havent heard back.  
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Are you using DGJI = GO4 APP?, What type of phone are you using?
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I use IOS with IPHONE 6S+, but NO an not promoting IOS over ANDROID. This out of the way:

Make sure your remote is fully charged to 100%. AC battery fully charged to 100%. You also need a strong internet/WIFI connection when updating.

Now first delete the app again. Force close all of your app. With every drone I receive I do the following the first and only time until I get future notification form the app.

Take battery and props off, leave it outside for at least 1/2 hour have your remote on and ready and bring AC back in, put the battery in and start RC/AC/APP, DO NOT UPGRADE, run the IMU calibration. Need to follow the screen EXACTLY. Again if it got stuck it means it is waiting for the correct position of the AC.

After that do shut everything off, TURN everything back on in the same order as before and then do an AUTOMATIC Gimbal calibration.

After that do shut everything off, TURN everything back on in the same order and NOW do the upgrade. Again, fast internet or fast data connection.

Let us know... If it did NOT work than start a CASE with support.
2017-2-19
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-19 12:58
I use IOS with IPHONE 6S+, but NO an not promoting IOS over ANDROID. This out of the way:

Make sure your remote is fully charged to 100%. AC battery fully charged to 100%. You also need a strong internet/WIFI connection when updating.

Since I had time before DJI Support opens at 12pm EST, I figured I'd give this a try.

No Luck

The RC still does not connect to the controller to perform any of the IMU calibrations, Gimbal calibrations, etc.  I just get the flashing yellow light on the rear of the AC and "connecting_" message of death.

I'll be the first call into tech support at 9 PST/12 EST!!!
2017-2-20
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

Please let us know if you hear anything.  I have meetings so I can't call until later today.

Thanks.
2017-2-20
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-20 08:32
Since I had time before DJI Support opens at 12pm EST, I figured I'd give this a try.

No Luck

Try onemore thing.

Did you try a factory reset for both units? and follow the steps and then upgrade.
2017-2-20
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

How do you do a a factory reset?  

We can log the AC into DJI Assistant however we can't login with the remote.  Is there a way to reset the RC without DJI Assistant?
2017-2-20
Use props
fans673a9b6d
New

Switzerland

I have the exact same issue
2017-2-20
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

I hope a cure is found.  

I have a huge trip planned so I went ahead and ordered a new controller, hopefully it arrives in the next two weeks.

I will just send back the broken controller when the new one arrives.  DJI should be overnighting anyone with a problem such as this a new controller.  We shouldn't have to send one in and then wait.  That is just a sign of a horribly run company.  

I think it is silly that a company such as DJI is having this many issues.  The Mavic should have never been released IMO.  There are just way too many issues with the Mavic.  They clearly rushed the shipment of these in order to receive some revenue and just figured the will deal with the backlash later.

2017-2-20
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

Unfortunately Customer Service is of ZERO help.  

Good luck everyone, I hope they find a solution other than waste your time sending it in.  

DJI, you should be ashamed of yourselves.  

2017-2-20
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Sorry to report that DJI Customer Service was of no assistance.  Since I purchased my Mavic within the 7 day refund/exchange timeframe, that is the recommendation from DJI Support.  Send my drone back and wait for a replacement.  Pretty crappy to think that DJI can't just replace the RC to make this right!
2017-2-20
Use props
Kixum
New

United States

Thought I would list all the things I tried in case others would like to try them.

Please note, this is an issue about the Remote Controller (RC) and not the AirCraft (AC).

My failure occurred during a software update initiated February 18, 2017 using the DJI app using an iPhone 6+.  It failed at 83% complete when the RC would not connect with the AC.

Research reading the manual and looking at different forums provided me the following steps.

First, I downloaded the DJI assistant 2.0 and connected the AC with a USB cable.  The assistant connected with the AC and determined that the AC had been updated.  However, I refreshed it again with no problems.  On a side note, I have been able to connect with the AC using wifi on my phone with no problems after that.

I have tried to connect the RC to my computer.  My computer recognizes that there is a DJI device connected when I plug in the RC and turn on the RC.  When I launch the assistant, it will not recognize the RC.  I have tried all possible combinations of launching the software, plugging in the RC and turning on the RC and the assistant will not recognize the RC under any circumstances.

The RC will not connect to my AC.  I have ensured that the AC switch identifying that the RC mode is selected (and not wifi).  This was proven by attempting to change the switch to wifi and connecting which worked so I do know how to set the switch and select the proper option.  In addition, my AC was connecting to my RC before the software update.  These experiences lead me to believe my AC is not a problem.

I have uninstalled the DJI app on my phone, reinstalled it, and turned on the RC with no improvement.  I have also uninstalled the assistant on my computer and reinstalled it also with no result identifying the RC.  I have also seen different combinations of pressing the C1, C2, and different camera buttons being pressed simultaneously to perform some sort of reset.  Based on what I have seen, I believe this is just a simple reboot procedure for the RC and not a factory reset.  Since my RC does turn on and off with no problem, there has been no improvement.

Maybe this information will help.

I am returning my controller to DJI.  To do this, I opened a repair request case and my controller will be in the mail in a few days.  I will post the results of what happens when I get a result.

Good luck everybody!
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm very sorry about this. I've reported this to the R&D and an answer should come soon.
2017-2-20
Use props
Kixum
New

United States

One last note, I also tried to re-link the RC with the AC following the procedure in the manual (several times).

I also connected the AC with the RC using a USB cable with no change. I also linked the RC with the AC and the assistant all with USB cables with no change.

I couldn't find anymore ideas anywhere to try but this might be helpful or might work for somebody.
2017-2-20
Use props
fans673a9b6d
New

Switzerland

I have the exact same issue like Kixum. I hope there will be a solution. I dont want to send my units back
2017-2-21
Use props
fans673a9b6d
New

Switzerland

Any update for this? Its already on page 7 guess I will have to return my unit.
2017-2-21
Use props
Kixum
New

United States

No news that I have seen.

I bought my Mavic in one of the drone-world bundles.  They sent me an incomplete package (missing some of the parts) and they didn't mention anything when they sent it.  I emailed them and they said they would send me the back ordered stuff later.  Not sure when though.

Then I emailed drone-world about the RC issue.  No response.  Then I called drone-world yesterday.  They said they would call me right back but they didn't.

At this point, if I can't get this resolved in a reasonable amount of time (basically a month), I am going to accept the "Mavic Curse" and sell the whole thing off on eBay or something.  I'm getting a very strong message that the Mavic is (for some strange reason) not something I'm supposed to personally have.

2017-2-22
Use props
fans673a9b6d
New

Switzerland

I tried again all the things to make it work. Also reset the AC to factory settings. It's definitely the problem of the controller. Why is there no Reset button for it? Giving it back tomorrow.
2017-2-22
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
United Kingdom

Wow. Waited 2 months for it. Like so many others I too have a RC which will not connect to Iphone6. Had Mavic for 3 days, tried everything with no luck. If this is a faut with RC and they know it is their RC which is faulty they should do a recall and sort it out. If however someone comes up with a FIX please shout it out. I too am desperate to see a prop spin.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mfangler Posted at 2017-2-22 13:40
Wow. Waited 2 months for it. Like so many others I too have a RC which will not connect to Iphone6. Had Mavic for 3 days, tried everything with no luck. If this is a faut with RC and they know it is their RC which is faulty they should do a recall and sort it out. If however someone comes up with a FIX please shout it out. I too am desperate to see a prop spin.

Have you tried the bottom port with your USB charging iPhone cable.
Also, make sure to unplug the side cable when using the bottom one otherwise it will not connect.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kixum Posted at 2017-2-22 00:29
No news that I have seen.

I bought my Mavic in one of the drone-world bundles.  They sent me an incomplete package (missing some of the parts) and they didn't mention anything when they sent it.  I emailed them and they said they would send me the back ordered stuff later.  Not sure when though.

If you cannot get the RC to connect with wither the side port or bottom UPB port (side must be unplugged from RC), you have a year warranty and you can send it in for repair.
2017-2-22
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

I'm experiencing the same issue - It displays 'Connecting' on the RC screen and the Mavic flashes rapid yellow. I've had my Mavic 3 days and I was able to previoulsy connect the RC to my Mavic on the latest firmware.

I have tried manually connecting it via the app using the 'Linking Remote Controller' feature > 'Link RC' > 'OK' and it displays 'Remote Controller Linked' even though it isn't!
I have also tried linking it using C1, C2 and Record but it does not display 'Binding' as described in the DJI  MAvic user manual.

I'm currently on the latest firmware (V01.03.0400) which I have refreshed, then downgraded to the previous
firmware and then back to the latest and each time the controller still displays 'Connecting'

I am able to connect my phone using wifi to the Mavic and control it that way, so it does appear to be an RC issue.

Please can someone advise - thanks!!

2017-2-22
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules