ESC Status Error.
23206 13 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans89734661
lvl.1
Belgium

Hello,
I have a new DJI Mavic Pro, I never crashed the drone, I don't know why when I want to start to fly I've got this message :
"ESC Status Error. Turn off aircraft and restart. Contact DJI support if this continues"
Then I've update the mavic but the problem is still present.
Can someon help me please

mavicproblem.jpg
2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ESC or electronic speed control is used to control motors. First take off all props, then put them back on again making sure they are all sitting firm. Turn the MP ON  let it run while it is on the ground and see/hear if anything abnormal. Then hover it above ground for few minutes and check the same thing/see/hear of any abnormalities and let us know. If not you need to contact support. You might have to return it.
2017-2-18
Use props
fans89734661
lvl.1
Belgium

I've just do it but it sill don't work...
How I have to for return it please ?
2017-2-18
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Sorry to see that your mavic is not what you are expecting.
Well if it spins the propellors and can hover, it looks like to be a non mechanical problem.... no weird noises right?
Could be something with a sensor that measures the RPM to te ESC.
Contact them, maybe they can solve it for you?

*I would probably reload the software, reset to factory settings and start calibrating every system, then try again. This is the only thing you can do from your home, I would not take it out for flying*

scroll down to CONTACT US  http://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic
2017-2-18
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

If an ESC has faulted, you will need to ship it back.
Do not fly with ESC error.
2017-2-18
Use props
fans89734661
lvl.1
Belgium

Yes I need to shipt it back because the motor don't start everything is blocked...
2017-2-19
Use props
Michael W
New

United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm facing exactly the same issue.

I unboxed my new Mavic Pro yesterday for the first time, and attempted to go through the setup process (including updating to the latest firmware), however when I came to attempt a take-off for the first time, I got this same message: "ESC Status Error".

following the instruction, I rebooted everything a number of times, but the problem didn't go away. I then even downgraded the firmware to see if that was the issue, but continued to get the same message.

Frustrating! I think I've got a dud. Did you get any further with understanding what the problem was, and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Michael
2017-2-26
Use props
GSPRODUCT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2677 ft
United States

When you turn on the Mavic look at the motors if one of them is not moving it or the circuit going to it is causing the problem.  Only thing you can do is send it to the repair facility in Carson California. None of the things people tell you to try is going to help!!!
I hate to tell you guy this but unless something has changed or changes. Its going to be a long wait. I sent mine back february 15th and it still doesnt even show on the progress website that it as being checked in UPS shows it as being delivered on the February 21st.
I had my Mavic only 9 days and it just lost power and fell. Fortunately it was only about 2 feet in the air and inside over carpet. I powered it back on and raised about 3 feet moved it around in about a 8 foot area to see how it detects walls and all of a sudden it just lost power and fell again. This time after powering it back on it displayed   "cannot take off"    in the upper left corner next to dji. When pulling down the sticks to initialize motors it displays "ESC STATUS ERROR" "Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI if this persists after restart". in the Overall status menu it says    "1No.ESC Error Contact DJI if this persists after restart".
The No1 motor is the one that wasnt twitching when i powered on the mavic
Ill try to post a Time line of the whole process to show how long it  takes to help others know what to expect.
2017-2-27
Use props
GSPRODUCT
lvl.2
United States

Here a link to start the repair process
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-27
Use props
GSPRODUCT
lvl.2
United States

Michael W Posted at 2017-2-26 00:38
Hello,

I'm facing exactly the same issue.

if you go to the overall menu it should tell you which esc has malfunctioned
2017-2-27
Use props
GSPRODUCT
lvl.2
United States

fans89734661 Posted at 2017-2-18 10:00
I've just do it but it sill don't work...
How I have to for return it please ?

https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-27
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

Phantom 3 advanced drone. Flying for a year, no crashes no issues.  Last week I was flying at 380 ft when esc like came on and one engine stopped. It fell almost hitting my girlfriend.  I didn't do anything to cause this.  This ain't good pub for dji.  When I tried to relaunch the engines won't turn on and get the esc error.  Submitted a repair ticket online and shipping it tomorrow.  I'm sure the faa doesn't want to hear from the drone users, I'm sure dji will fix it all back up like new at no charge.
2019-1-13
Use props
fans7ac750d2
New

United States

Same issue here, esc, just got my Mavic yesterday. This sucks.
2019-5-16
Use props
fansc9625c84
New

Argentina

Same issue With my new Mavic Air. Never chrashed. DJI Support says that I have to send it to China!!! I am in Argentina
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules