Phantom 4 Pro HDMI Module
4858 26 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyeimage
New

United States

Hey Guys!

So I tried to install the HDMI Module on the P4P with no success. It will not go past the upgrade RC point. The percentage does not even change from 0%. I reinstalled the stock module and there were no issues at all. I have attempted this multiple times with zero luck. Has anyone successfully completed this mod? If so can you go into detail how you were able to get it to work? Thank you all in advance.

Chance
2017-2-18
Use props
Kmims
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51014 ft
United States

I did this today on mine (IOS). It did have a pause on 0% but I would say within 60 seconds or so it began updating and completed with out any issues.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please uninstall HDMI module and upgrade the remote to the latest firstly, then install the HDMI module and upgrade it again.
2017-2-19
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I did as Natalia suggested, upgraded FW on controller, put HDMI module (which was in my P3A) and it upgraded with no issues. It was a while ago now so I can't remember how long it took sorry.
2017-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 02:46
Please uninstall HDMI module and upgrade the remote to the latest firstly, then install the HDMI module and upgrade it again.

Aloha Natalia,

There was some sort of problem with my P4 when I tried to install my HDMI module on it a while back.  Currently, I am using DJI GO with my P4 and DJI GO 4 with my P4 Pro and on different Android devices (so I can fly them together with 2.4GHZ and 5.8GHz).  My DJI GO system also is used with my P3P.

Should I be able to install my HDMI module on my P4 controller if the DJI GO app is up to date and the firmware is up to date?  (Sorry for my weird logistics.)  If so I will try again.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-20 02:41
Aloha Natalia,

There was some sort of problem with my P4 when I tried to install my HDMI module on it a while back.  Currently, I am using DJI GO with my P4 and DJI GO 4 with my P4 Pro and on different Android devices (so I can fly them together with 2.4GHZ and 5.8GHz).  My DJI GO system also is used with my P3P.

You could have a try, and keep us posted, hope you can make it!
2017-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-21 01:46

Aloha Natalia,

Mahalo!  Hopefully this time it will work.  I do not line to swap parts repeatedly because of the risk of damage.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-21 01:46

Aloha Natalia,

During some thorough troubleshooting, I noticed that two of the ports looked corroded.  Further testing did not help.  I took it back off and took it apart to see if it was corrupted.  In my opinion, the unit is corrupted.  The pattern of corrosion inside looks like something liquid got inside two of the ports and caused the corrosion.  This is obviously user damage and I think I know who did it.  [I going choke his neck! ]

Mahalo for the support!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-24
Use props
Nodch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45459 ft
Germany

Hi all,
I too have a problem with the HDMI Module. I can install it fine, afterwards to the firmware upgrade and use the HDMI out port with an external monitor.
My problem though is, with the normal connection board, I am able to use my Oneplus 3T and Nexus 7 (II) devices without any problems. With the HDMI module installed, all those devices fail to connect with the DJI Go app and only my iPhone works.
Have you heard or experienced that problem?

Ben
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Nodch Posted at 2017-4-18 07:09
Hi all,
I too have a problem with the HDMI Module. I can install it fine, afterwards to the firmware upgrade and use the HDMI out port with an external monitor.
My problem though is, with the normal connection board, I am able to use my Oneplus 3T and Nexus 7 (II) devices without any problems. With the HDMI module installed, all those devices fail to connect with the DJI Go app and only my iPhone works.

Just to clarify, does the USB port seem to provide power to the devices? I would recommend performing the following RC combination to reset the RC as well:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on the RC, then the aircraft.

See if this helps. You may want to relink the RC to the aircraft as well to ensure the communication between the two are solid, which I would recommend performing a manual relink with the following combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-4-18
Use props
Nodch
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 08:49
Just to clarify, does the USB port seem to provide power to the devices? I would recommend performing the following RC combination to reset the RC as well:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

Correct, the USB provides power to all the devices that do not work and works flawlessly with the iPhone 6, that I had lying around.

Thank your for the tips, I used DJI Assistant 2 to reset the RC, but will try the non software version too.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Nodch Posted at 2017-4-20 02:42
Correct, the USB provides power to all the devices that do not work and works flawlessly with the iPhone 6, that I had lying around.

Thank your for the tips, I used DJI Assistant 2 to reset the RC, but will try the non software version too.

Please keep me posted.
2017-4-20
Use props
Nodch
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry for the late reply, I did not have the chance to test it earlier.

I tried all the steps and relinked the RC to the copter, but sadly, it did not change the behavior.
The iPhone 6 still works flawless, the Nexus 7 and Oneplus 3T do not. The Android devices do show that they are charged and show that USB-Debug is active. It is shown as charging, but chaning it to MTP or PTP does not change anything.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Nodch Posted at 2017-5-2 05:01
Sorry for the late reply, I did not have the chance to test it earlier.

I tried all the steps and relinked the RC to the copter, but sadly, it did not change the behavior.

I'm sorry if this was already asked, but the Go4 app the only app you have on the Androids or do you also have the Go app installed as well for an older unit? If so, try uninstalling the Go app just to see if the P4P is being assigned to the Go app in error.
2017-5-2
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

It seems like everyone had the firmware issue wthjutujtyujyjuyuyuiy
2017-5-2
Use props
Nodch
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-2 09:05
I'm sorry if this was already asked, but the Go4 app the only app you have on the Androids or do you also have the Go app installed as well for an older unit? If so, try uninstalling the Go app just to see if the P4P is being assigned to the Go app in error.

I have only the Go4 App installed, already removed it and reinstalled it, tried deleting the data/cache and so on.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Nodch Posted at 2017-5-7 08:52
I have only the Go4 App installed, already removed it and reinstalled it, tried deleting the data/cache and so on.

For it to work on Android, it should be on MTP or its equivalent. Have you already tried different USB cables?
2017-5-8
Use props
Nodch
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 15:17
For it to work on Android, it should be on MTP or its equivalent. Have you already tried different USB cables?

Yes, I did manually switch to MTP mode as on it self it only went to charging, I changed the cables around too.  All cables and devices do work with the non-HDMI module, but as soon as I use the HDMI module, the functionality is gone and only works with the iPhone.
The HDMI out does work though, just the App does no longer connect.
2017-5-9
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

I just installed mine last week. My DJI GO 4 app and firmware on Android was up to date prior to installation. It didn't do any additional updates after install, and appears to work perfectly.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Nodch Posted at 2017-5-9 03:42
Yes, I did manually switch to MTP mode as on it self it only went to charging, I changed the cables around too.  All cables and devices do work with the non-HDMI module, but as soon as I use the HDMI module, the functionality is gone and only works with the iPhone.
The HDMI out does work though, just the App does no longer connect.

Since you've done all the possible troubleshooting steps, then there's a hardware issue with the HDMI module itself that would require for you to seek an exchange with your dealer or a replacement through DJI.
2017-5-9
Use props
JUAN P4P
lvl.1
Colombia

JUN 21st
Hi Natalia, im trying to work this out, i have p4p new with latest frimware and installed the hdmi module, it gives good hdmi signal nut the image signal to the iphone 6 is choppy and almost useless, also it doesnt charges the iphone 6, i have tried reinstalliung the up, resetting the controllere link with aircraft and reformatting micro sd card and also i have tried many dfifferent usb and hdmi cables and none works
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JUAN P4P Posted at 2017-6-20 15:06
JUN 21st
Hi Natalia, im trying to work this out, i have p4p new with latest frimware and installed the hdmi module, it gives good hdmi signal nut the image signal to the iphone 6 is choppy and almost useless, also it doesnt charges the iphone 6, i have tried reinstalliung the up, resetting the controllere link with aircraft and reformatting micro sd card and also i have tried many dfifferent usb and hdmi cables and none works

Did you reapply the firmware when you installed the HDMI module?
2017-6-20
Use props
JUAN P4P
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 20:03
Did you reapply the firmware when you installed the HDMI module?

i upgraded firmware with my original p4p controller usb-only module, then installed hdmi module and refreshed frimware, used an external hdmi monitor, and all worked well for 2 days, i had perfect usb feed to my iphone 6, and perfect hdmi signal to my external screen, but after 2 days, whenever i connect the controller with the external screen, i loose connection on the iphone 6, it is constantly going on a loop from weak connection signal to disconnected, and on the external screen it goes from input to no input, none of both devices ever shows a video feed at all, it just stays black!! i have tried reinstalling the original usb-only odule, and refreshing firmware and then again hdmio module install with firmware refresh, many times to no avail, many different cables, many different external screens! etc joi have done everything suggested from you guys!
Can you please shed some light on this affair? i think dji is being non responsive on such a crucial matter almost everyone seems to be having!!! what kind of hardware is this that doesnt properly holds on through time??
2017-9-18
Use props
ArtSez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having the same issue as everyone else. Phantom 4 Pro - HDMI module - When connecting the DJI goggles to the HDMI, it cuts our your tablet connection and the HDMI monitor loops on/off continuously. I’m on the latest firmware for the RC and same for the AC. I cannot downgrade the firmware of the remote either thru DJI assistant or the about section of the Go 4 app. Only option is to restore the firmware of the RC which I’ve done numerous times as well as refresh software from the about section. I see others can downgrade their firmware because it appears in the DJI assistant and the about section of the Go 4 app, I have neither of those options to even try, I’m locked into the current version 1.4 with no up or downgrading. I’m trying to output to the DJI Goggles. I’ve tried other monitors and TV and the result is exactly the same, tablet live view goes off and the HDMI monitor turns on/off continuously. I’ve removed replaced the module with the original non-HDMI and tried to restore or upgrade firmware, nothing works. I’ve tried every suggestion on the internet, nothing works. One user suggest its the HDMI/HDMImini adaptor, when he eliminated the adaptor, everything worked. Problem is, you can’t eliminate an adaptor. There is no such thing as a HDMI mini to HDMI micro. It doesn’t exist.  Sounds like most users have reverted RC firmware and it solved the problem, I wish I could even try that, but it does;t allow me to do so. What do you recommend?
2017-9-21
Use props
ETS
lvl.1
United States

I am also have the exact same issue .... has there been a solution yet ?
2018-2-12
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having a similar problem. With the hdmi module installed, the rc looks to upgrade firmware, which looks to be a different version to the latest one. After which, the rc unit will not recognise the aircraft. I wonder what rc version those who have successfully installed an hdmi module are using? Desperate to get this working...
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules