46563 25 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Day In Nature
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69783 ft
Thailand

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if there is a LUT for new D-Log?

Thanks!
2017-2-18
Use props
VVs7gxF8qEs5
lvl.1
Germany

I found one at http://www.groundcontrolcolor.com/mavic.html but didn't get to test it out yet.
But they apparently want you to put in a valid email address before downloading.
But I guess you could just use a throw-away address.
2017-2-18
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

That LUT isnt for DLog its for the ART setting with settings -1/-3/-3 - dji have a dlog on their website (edit: HAD this on their website)  ... in a podcast I heard they use it with -3/-3/-3 for all their shots  

edit:Hmmm just realised its no longer posted in the DJI downloads ... let me upload and share it for you ..
here is the link: http://www.easysend.to/3ao

inlcudes:
Dlog+3DLUT+User+Instruction.pdf
DJI_Dlog_3DLUT_User_Instruction_MavicPro_DLog_LUT.zip
2017-2-18
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

I do like these a lot, was made for the "old" D-log  settings but I really would like to see what they do with the Mavic's D-log
http://www.dynamicrange.se/?page_id=1047
2017-2-18
Use props
18Trotter
lvl.2

Poland

In fact, Groundcontrolcolor has the new LUT for Mavic. To be shot at -1-3-3:

http://www.groundcontrolcolor.com/mavic.html
2017-2-18
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The new ground control one is good, they suggest using with -1, -3, -3 but it looks fine a lower intensity if you record even at default in LOG.
I find with contrast and saturation very low it can be hard to see where you are on screen.
-1, -1, -1 will definitely be OK.
I have other LUTs for GoPro flat/native/protune are also quite nice with it.

Must say the new D-Log is very good and finally I'm happy with what it is recording.
2017-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You can download this one free,   http://osmotips.com/
2017-2-19
Use props
ah93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2207392 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i also tried out the Ground Control one today and am pleased with the results!
2017-2-19
Use props
fans5f5edb88
lvl.1
France

I have not found the same outcome as the video posted above when testing the new d-log on the mavic. The new d-log (in PAL at 25P) has too much pink in it compared to the same shots in other profiles. The settings that are suggested (-1 -3 -3) also appear extremely muddy to me. The LUT makes the blacks very crushed and over saturates the blues.... I wonder why? I am still getting the best results (shooting in the alps in good sunlight, lots of dense trees and high dr shots) by using Art 0 -1 0. Does anyone else find this?
2017-2-27
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

fans5f5edb88 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:51
I have not found the same outcome as the video posted above when testing the new d-log on the mavic. The new d-log (in PAL at 25P) has too much pink in it compared to the same shots in other profiles. The settings that are suggested (-1 -3 -3) also appear extremely muddy to me. The LUT makes the blacks very crushed and over saturates the blues.... I wonder why? I am still getting the best results (shooting in the alps in good sunlight, lots of dense trees and high dr shots) by using Art 0 -1 0. Does anyone else find this?

Yes Art -1,-1,0 works for me.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans5ee31b70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487300 ft
Portugal

Hi
Yesterday I released a LUT pack for the most recent D-LOG gamma. If you're interested in trying these out, check out this website.
Thank you
MAVIC PRO D-LOG LUTS
2017-4-18
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans5ee31b70 Posted at 2017-4-18 01:09
Hi
Yesterday I released a LUT pack for the most recent D-LOG gamma. If you're interested in trying these out, check out this website.
Thank you

Interesting, I am very interested in that LUT.

The Groundcontrol is terrible IMHO. why:
- it assumes saturation -3, which requires you to push the colors waaay too much afterwads. It introduces color noise very quickly. I assume thats why you calibrated yours to 0.
- Their LUT's gamma curve is way off. in my tests the shadows/blacks are far too dark while whites are also too light. It s just off. I dont think they created this using any scientific method.
- They assume sharpness -1, while we now know that anything <0 will destroy detail, either due to NR or codec doing something strange. Either way, i assume thats why you recommend +1.

Could you tell a bit how you created your LUT?

Cheers!
2017-4-18
Use props
littlewings
lvl.2
Portugal

Sebb Posted at 2017-4-18 07:14
Interesting, I am very interested in that LUT.

The Groundcontrol is terrible IMHO. why:

Hi Sebb
I'm on the same page about all your remarks on camera settings. That's why I went for +1 sharpness in order to rescue detail that otherwise would be lost due to its correlation with noise reduction. Contrast -2 does rescue more detail in the shadows before noise and codec become a serious problem and saturation at 0 is fine for D-LOG, not too much, not to little.

So, first I shoot a colour chart under a clear sky. This gives me the standard mix of direct sunlight and atmospheric blue as well as the obvious high CRI for a good calibration. I do a series of exposures, send the video to photoshop, pick a frame, then to 3DLUT Creator, then I export, fine-tune, combine, subtract, add, etc. There's a lot of cooking going on here In the end I end up with a properly calibrated LUT for sRGB that I then work upon to get all others. I do the same for tungsten white balance.

These are the LUTs in the pack
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Daylight + contrast.cube
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Daylight flat.cube
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Film #1.cube
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Film #2.cube
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Film #3.cube
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Tungsten + contrast.cube
DJI MAVIC PRO D-LOG Tungsten flat.cube

If you're interested, send me a video file in D-LOG +1 -2 0 and I'll get back to you with a grade

Cheers

2017-4-19
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

littlewings Posted at 2017-4-19 11:41
Hi Sebb
I'm on the same page about all your remarks on camera settings. That's why I went for +1 sharpness in order to rescue detail that otherwise would be lost due to its correlation with noise reduction. Contrast -2 does rescue more detail in the shadows before noise and codec become a serious problem and saturation at 0 is fine for D-LOG, not too much, not to little.

thanks for info.

I actually did pick the LUT pack up, but first results were somehow not what I hoped.
Let me repeat some short clip and send it to you and see if i m doing something incorrectly.

Sebb
2017-4-20
Use props
littlewings
lvl.2
Portugal

Sebb Posted at 2017-4-20 01:56
thanks for info.

I actually did pick the LUT pack up, but first results were somehow not what I hoped.

Hi Sebb
Let me know what didn't go as expected, maybe I can help.
Also, an update is coming, and existing customers will receive it for free
2017-4-20
Use props
littlewings
lvl.2
Portugal

Sebb Posted at 2017-4-20 01:56
thanks for info.

Yes, send me the most problematic clips
2017-4-20
Use props
TronTone
lvl.2

South Africa

The New D-Log is amazing and there are the guys from SpectrumGrades which make very professional LUT's designed for the Mavic. You can see the cinematic look people are getting with them. I use them and I'm extremely pleased. Definitely check them out being used here...  
2017-6-26
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Hi
Thank you

I bought your LUTs pal but I'm struggling to get dlog and +1/-1/0 I have some cinema/vivid filters coming so will give those a go, I want it to have a good output without too much PC time first etc I don't to just post edit everything I record but it sounds like dlog is for mainly post work, cineline or truecolour for better default out......would the +1/-1/0 for dlog be ok on other profiles ? Or does it need changing
2017-6-26
Use props
ZMatuszak
lvl.2

United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-26 08:17
I bought your LUTs pal but I'm struggling to get dlog and +1/-1/0 I have some cinema/vivid filters coming so will give those a go, I want it to have a good output without too much PC time first etc  I don't to just post edit everything I record but it sounds like dlog is for mainly post work, cineline or truecolour for better default out......would the +1/-1/0 for dlog be ok on other profiles ? Or does it need changing

Hey Guys, while you were on the Topic of LUTs and D-Log.  I made this video in regards to how D-Log footage encodes Video Information.  Thought you may find it interesting...
2017-6-26
Use props
Willie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 443583 ft
Germany

Hi
Thank you

Hi,
That's very impressive. But just one question. I'm a newbie in video editing. Do you know if  i can use your LUTs with shotcut? (https://www.shotcut.org)
2017-7-1
Use props
fans018a4de6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262093 ft
United States

Hi
Thank you

Look like great LUTs and I'm trying them out, pleased with the results.  

I would kindly ask that you use a consistent naming convention, the downloads are tough to navigate across V2, V2.1 and V2.2 since not all LUTS are represented in all the updates...and the folder names are inconsistent...  

Thanks much!
2017-9-18
Use props
djiuser_GnngcPM
New
Flight distance : 16312 ft
United States

Thanks to 9to5dji.com (https://www.9to5dji.com/mavic-pro-dlog-lut-available-download/), I was able to find what appears to be the original DJI provided LUT (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/MavicPro_DLog_LUT.zip).  I can't say I'm impressed by the output (whites are overblown and grays end up with blue and yellow splotches), but that also might be a result of incorrect color settings on my input footage.  Give it a try!
2017-10-13
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you can simply make your own luts in davinci resolve 14 free edition.
2017-10-13
Use props
fans0f0a148b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2817231 ft
South Africa

Guys the best LUTs on the market is the SpectrumGrades cinematic presets. They are brilliantly optimized for the Mavic footage and have incredible color styles that are almost impossible to achieve for the normal user and are really easy to use. The general feedback with everyone using them as been highly praised. Check out the examples of them being used.... www.SpectrumGrades.com

2017-10-23
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

2017-10-24
Use props
fans0f0a148b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2817231 ft
South Africa

The -1 Sharpness in the  video you posed makes the footage way too muddy. It may not be the case all the time however it is a 50/50 chance of a shot being ruined. Watch this channel and see how crisp the footage looks even in low light scenarios with the Mavic. Settings D-LOG +1/-3/0

Best Mavic footage out there...

2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules