10700 6 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Guys

I have had my Mavic activated for a month as from the 15th and the battery has not discharged once, what I do after watching the battery information video, is after flying, I charge up until I see 3 lights flashing, then disconnect. I fly only during the weekends so 2 flight a weekend on the same battery. I have just received my 2 additional batteries, which arrived 3 days ago, and I have not seen my first battery Discharge at all. I repeat the step of charging until I see 3 lights going up. Is there anything I am doing wrong, I don’t think its safe to leave a fully charged battery for 5 to 6 days of no flying.

My questions:

1. Do you charge your battery full after flying? Even if you will not fly for 5 to 6 days?

2.Do all Firmware updates, update the battery? I assume in some cases they wont need to bring out a new firmware version for the battery but only for the aircraft and controller.

Like I said before, I have 2 new batteries. If I am flying twice a week on 1 battery. After flying what do I do? Recharge full? Half recharge? Why is it not discharging?

Hope you guys could lash out some info, would be appreciated

Fly safe

2017-2-18
Use props
TyLu
New

China

In controller setting => battery=> advanced setting (maybe, never change to English version), there is a setting for how long you would like to have an auto-discharge of your battery. Default is 10 days. I think it only works on the installed battery. Or battery can execute by itself because they are SMART BATTERY?
2017-2-18
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

I have the combo pack, so right now, relying on main battery, and keep it fully charged, as I use it every other day.  The two other batteries were charged, then discharged to second light during setup/adjustments/etc.
After latest firmware update, I updated each battery by attaching to the quad, turn on remote, then battery, then app, let it do its thing, when complete, check battery condition in the app, and should show version.  Then, shut it down completely, and repeat procedure on all batteries.  I'm using IOS, iPhone6, and iPad Pro.
2017-2-18
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

"1. Do you charge your battery full after flying? Even if you will not fly for 5 to 6 days?"

Not usually. I typically charge a battery the same day I'll use it, but mine rarely go more than a day or two without being used.

"2.Do all Firmware updates, update the battery?"

No, not all of them.

"After flying what do I do? Recharge full? Half recharge? Why is it not discharging?"

The battery manual says to maintain them at 40%-65% charged if you won't be using them for 10 days or more but yes, they'll discharge on their own if have them charged more than that. So if you've discharged them lower than that then you should charge them back up to that level if you don't expect to use them again for a while. If you do plan to charge them after flying, be sure to let them cool down first, though.

The reason yours aren't discharging automatically is probably that you're pushing the button to check them. Every time you do that it resets the countdown timer.
2017-2-18
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-18 11:52
"1. Do you charge your battery full after flying? Even if you will not fly for 5 to 6 days?"

Not usually. I typically charge a battery the same day I'll use it, but mine rarely go more than a day or two without being used.

Hey man, thanks for putting it simple, big thanks. I have read in Mavic Pilot forum that when you see a flashing light on your battery, you should not reset it by checking your battery. What I know is when the battery is "Discharging" the LED lights will flash and by pressing the power on button once will reset the discharge time. My battery has not even blinked at me once.
2017-2-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You should be charging completely.  That is, let it charge until the battery lights all go out.  Unless DJI's smart battery strategy has changed, the last part of the charge cycle is spent balancing the cells.  If you don't use them down to less than 45%, just put them away until you are going to fly again and then charge fully again.
2017-2-18
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

As @AG0N-Gary said, not only DJI battery, but all intelligent batteries, that are used for drones, airplanes, helis have the last cycle to balance their cells.
So, I fully charge my 3 batteries.
As I fly only at weekends, on Fridays, I charge them again.

Cheers.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules