Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Capturing footage to local devices SD card(and not local memory)!?
1552 6 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

Ok I've seen this topic covered before BUT everyone seems to misunderstand the intent of wanting to capture flight footage to your devices SD card instead of the devices local memory. So here is my typical scenerio:

I capture a scene and I want to review it immediately after I have shot it without having to pull it /download it from the drone (to save precious battery power). Why? So I can immediately shoot it again if it's not up to par. I know that I can go into my Galaxy S7 and pull up what I just shot and review it myself or with the client. BUT that footage is captured locally by default and the space on my 32GB phone fills up quickly depending on what rez/framerate I am shooting. I have a 64GB SD card in my phone and I want to be able to tell the DJI GO 4 app to save to the SD card location NOT the phones (or whatever device) local memory. I swear this was doable in the DJI GO app when I had a Phantom 4. But that seems to have changed with DJI GO 4 app now that I am using that with both my P4 Pro and my mavic.

Any clue as to if/how? I'm not looking for work arounds...I know how to DL from the drone...that's a time/battery killer and not an ideal option. Thanks!

2017-2-18
Use props
LowlandFlyer
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have the exact same question. Also because I like to keep some videos o n my Phone to show people and without moving them constantly to the SD card myself my internal memory fills up very quickly.
2017-2-18
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

LowlandFlyer Posted at 2017-2-18 15:09
I have the exact same question. Also because I like to keep some videos o n my Phone to show people and without moving them constantly to the SD card myself my internal memory fills up very quickly.

yes, Lowlandflyer, yes....a thousand times yes. I can't even find a DJI GO 4 app support page, only a developers" support page. Kind of frustrating considering the amount of money we spend on this product (I realize the app is FREE but the hardware is not).
2017-2-18
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The only thing I can suggest is, on the Play store there are apps that claim to move any app to the sd card.  I'm pretty sure the go app only stores where it is installed.  So, maybe one of those apps would do it for you.  Other than that,  I have no clue.
2017-2-18
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-2-18 15:29
The only thing I can suggest is, on the Play store there are apps that claim to move any app to the sd card.  I'm pretty sure the go app only stores where it is installed.  So, maybe one of those apps would do it for you.  Other than that,  I have no clue.

Kneepuck, great suggestion. I will try that. My frustration is I know this was an option in the original DJI GO app and now it appears not to be. I always get annoyed when developers decide to scrape a great feature, cuz well hell I don't know
2017-2-18
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

I could not find any apps that would install DJI Go 4 to the SD card. So still waiting.....
2017-2-21
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

One work around while still not ideal but doable from the phone (in this case a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) is to go to My Files - device storage - DJI -dji.go.v4 - DJI_RECORD, long press any file, check mark any OR all files, click MORE - Move -SD card. here you can choose an existing folder or Create folder then click DONE. It will transfer the files to your SD card and will be visible in your Gallery for review. It really only takes a minute.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules