2115 13 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2b50fd84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 854341 ft
Brazil

Hello guys,
I'd like to know wich are the requirements or general rules to make a international trip with my P3A.
Can you tell me the follows to don't have any problems with my DJI battery ?
Thanks
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It can vary from airline to airline. For the US, the most basic guidelines is that the LiPos are required to be carry on.
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They should be discharged as well.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
Pedro Cataldi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 854341 ft
Brazil

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-18 19:32
They should be discharged  as well.

This is the only requirement?
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Pedro Cataldi Posted at 2017-2-18 20:30
This is the only requirement?

You might want to call your airline, who ever is handling your flight.

See if they have any restrictions or rules that need to be followed.
It would be a drag, if your ticket was denied, or the flight packs were consficated.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
Michaelt89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

I wonder how can you assure your drone suitcase or backpack not being stolen in the luggage receiving point (after you get off flight)..
2017-2-23
Use props
Ruggs
lvl.2
United States

I just flew from Michigan to Florida. Had everything in one carry on backpack. Had the batteries in lipo bags and had the terminals covered with electrical tape. Never had any issue at the security checkpoint. They could have cared less. No issues at all.
2017-2-24
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have been traveling with my drones for several years, and Batteries have never been an issue. Important is to obey the maximum amount of capacity a person can carry (usually with two or three Phantom LiPos you should be fine) as well as to ALWAYS take them as carry-on with you.

The only other travel issue I had, but only in one European country, was the propellers. One security officer wouldn't let me carry the props on board and intended to force me to check them in. As my bags were already in, I asked border police for assistance. The police guy said he'd never heard of that being a problem and they ended up letting me pass. To avoid that - consider checking in your props with your checked baggage.
2017-2-24
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

As fivetonine mentioned, props could cause some issues so i feel its better to be safe and store them in your checked bag, if youre not checking a bag call your airline and have them verify on paper youre allowed to carry them on. And of course, Batteries are carry on only!
2017-2-27
Use props
Kalmar Gyula
lvl.1
Romania

No issues in UE with batteries (carried on)  yet I have to add that for extra safety I used special lipo bags (10-20 usd from ebay) that contain the battery in the unlikely case it catches fire. Some airlines may require such thing. Some may ban you because of the Li batteries (found that on one airlines rules), so it's best to check
2017-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Also, US airlines allow you to carry lots of bags on-board, however other airlines are not as generous, they may restrict you to one carry one item and make you put the remainder in checked baggage.
2017-3-1
Use props
Silvestrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464531 ft
Italy

No issues flying with Qatar, Thai airways, Air Asia. For each of those companies, I print their recommendations from their respective website before making check in.
The only serious control I had happened at the custom check in the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. They immediately detected the presence of a bulky LiPo battery inside my cabin baggage. They asked to see the batteries; checked the capacity and the status of the charge, then everything was ok.
2017-3-2
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Some TSA have required me to have My ipad charged to check for function if I discharge my battery how do I prove it is a battery? Yea ...not all TSA are equal and some have there power trip issues.
2017-7-24
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Mojito Posted at 2017-7-24 06:42
Some TSA have required me to have My ipad charged to check for function if I discharge my battery how do I prove it is a battery? Yea ...not all TSA are equal and some have there power trip issues.

Fully discharged doesn't mean dead flat.  Even at 0% there should still be 3v per cell.  There won't be enough amps to fly but there will be enough to flash the LEDs on the front of the battery.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules