Livestreaming greyed out
457928 457928 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philnolan3d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62530 ft
United States

It was a great day outside today and I wanted to try livestreaming. So I looked at the settings at I see the livestreaming area but it's greyed out.  I've seen some people say  the livestreaming is ios only but the DJI Go app in the Play Store says it has YouTube livestreaming. My phone is the Galaxy S7 Edge. Anyone know what's up?

2017-2-18
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Same with me, they mean livestreaming on youtube in IOS.
2017-2-18
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-18 16:36
Same with me, they mean livestreaming on youtube in IOS.

Well like I said, the Play Store description of the app says it does YouTube Live streaming. Not sure why the Google Play Store would talk about something apple does.

2017-2-18
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Off topic:  I notice that your selection for "Enable AMap (For China Mainland)" is OFF but your selection for "Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)" is ON
2017-2-18
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-18 19:16
Off topic:  I notice that your selection for "Enable AMap (For China Mainland)" is OFF but your selection for "Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)" is ON

No idea why, it was like that when I got it.
2017-2-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-18 20:16
No idea why, it was like that when I got it.

Aloha phil,

Fixing that option will improve your Phantom's performance.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-18 18:32
Well like I said, the Play Store description of the app says it does YouTube Live streaming. Not sure why the Google Play Store would talk about something apple does.

https://content.screencast.com/users/philnolan3d/folders/Snagit/media/5eaa7d31-9577-48ac-8f22-c69d0dd7c685/02.18.2017-21.30.png[/img]

Aloha phil,

The DJI GO app is written for all the approved Android devices.  When an option is not able to work with a version of Android, the option gets grayed out.  Your problem could be a simple as enabling WiFi or operating as a mobile hot-spot.

I have not used the streaming option yet, so I am not familiar with exactly what you need.  I am only trying to help you so you will keep trying until someone who is familiar, tells you what to do or that your system cannot do it.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Since you owned phantom 3 standard, you need connect phantom WiFi for remote on your mobile device. While android devices do not support WiFi connection and cellular data network at the same time.
If you need livestreaming, please use an iOS device instead.
2017-2-19
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 02:22
Since you owned phantom 3 standard, you need connect phantom WiFi for remote on your mobile device. While android devices do not support WiFi connection and cellular data network at the same time.

Did you even read the post?  If it doesn't work ion Android, why would they say it does?
2017-2-19
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-18 23:17
Aloha phil,

The DJI GO app is written for all the approved Android devices.  When an option is not able to work with a version of Android, the option gets grayed out.  Your problem could be a simple as enabling WiFi or operating as a mobile hot-spot.

Well obviously Wi-Fi is enabled, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the drone. I never considered the hot spot thought tough. I'll have to look into that.
2017-2-19
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

I tried turning Hotspot on but it didn't change anything. Maybe because it's waiting for a device to enter the hotspot password and obviously the drone can't do that.
2017-2-19
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

So my phone has a Download Booster option that says it will use wireless and Wi-Fi at the same time for downloads over 30MB.   So it is possible. sadly turning this function on didn't help. Maybe it has to detect a big download first.  I've seen an app called Super Download that people are saying will do it but I think you have to pay for the full version. I'll have to look into it further.
2017-2-19
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Well, DJI please come up for a way on Android?
2017-2-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 02:22

Aloha Natalia,

Mahalo for helping out with this.  In my case (P3P, P4, P4P) with an Android and no cellular, but uses WiFi, would I be able to use livestreaming?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-19
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

Let me answer for Natalia; No, Android does not support dual data streaming.  However, with Android 7 and its announced ability to multi-task perhaps dual data streams will be included.  Why did DJI use the same APP Description on the Play Store as on the iOS, I am pretty sure it was a simple "over sight".
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-19 14:23
Aloha Natalia,

Mahalo for helping out with this.  In my case (P3P, P4, P4P) with an Android and no cellular, but uses WiFi, would I be able to use livestreaming?

That should be working, since it uses USB cable to connect the remote to your device.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JackA Posted at 2017-2-19 15:25
Let me answer for Natalia; No, Android does not support dual data streaming.  However, with Android 7 and its announced ability to multi-task perhaps dual data streams will be included.  Why did DJI use the same APP Description on the Play Store as on the iOS, I am pretty sure it was a simple "over sight".

Thank you for your feedback, I'll inform our engineers to make it more clear.
Very sorry for the confusion caused.
2017-2-19
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-19 05:35
Did you even read the post?  If it doesn't work ion Android, why would they say it does?

I think she did read your post and answered accordingly.

Your reply could be a bit more civil. You may not realise it but it comes across as quite rude and I hope this was not your intention.
2017-2-19
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and the only connection my Remote Control makes with the Android viewing device is wireless, there is no USB connection.  At least that I have ever seen.
2017-2-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-19 08:44
So my phone has a Download Booster option that says it will use wireless and Wi-Fi at the same time for downloads over 30MB.   So it is possible. sadly turning this function on didn't help. Maybe it has to detect a big download first.  I've seen an app called Super Download that people are saying will do it but I think you have to pay for the full version. I'll have to look into it further.

Aloha phil,

As a suggestion for future threads, if you note that you use a P3 Standard it would help to understand your problem.  There are many options that are not available to P3S users due the different design of the aircraft and the  remote controller.  The DJI GO app is designed to address the flight needs of the P3 series, but options that will not work for some of the reasons discussed here, get grayed out.

Hopefully this issue will not die on the vine and we will get an answer to your issue.  Your problem may be that your network connection is WiFi and you need a USB connection to use the livestreaming function.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-19 11:53
Well, DJI please come up for a way on Android?

Aloha Kev,

Are you using a P3 Standard or one of the others in the series.  It appears that Livestreaming only works with the P3 Advanced and the P3 Pro because they use a USB cable for the network connection between the device and the remote controller.  The USB P3s  and later models should be able to Livestream.  Even the P3 4K may not be able to Livestream because it uses WiFi for the network connection.

Android is able to Livestream already, but you need a system with a USB cable.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-19 21:09
I have a Phantom 3 Standard and the only connection my Remote Control makes with the Android viewing device is wireless, there is no USB connection.  At least that I have ever seen.

Aloha Jack,

Hopefully, you understand that the Livestreaming function only works with P3 and above systems that use a USB cable for the network with Android devices.  As for the description on the Play Store, it is accurate and not an oversight.  

Maybe there should be a disclaimer that a USB cable is required for the Android network in order to use Livestreaming.  I wonder why the iOS is able to use Livestreaming without the USB cable?

Mahalo for your understanding and patience.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-20 01:55
Aloha phil,

As a suggestion for future threads, if you note that you use a P3 Standard it would help to understand your problem.  There are many options that are not available to P3S users due the different design of the aircraft and the  remote controller.  The DJI GO app is designed to address the flight needs of the P3 series, but options that will not work for some of the reasons discussed here, get grayed out.

My apologies, I thought I was positing in a P3S specific forum.
2017-2-20
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-20 02:03
Aloha Kev,

Are you using a P3 Standard or one of the others in the series.  It appears that Livestreaming only works with the P3 Advanced and the P3 Pro because they use a USB cable for the network connection between the device and the remote controller.  The USB P3s  and later models should be able to Livestream.  Even the P3 4K may not be able to Livestream because it uses WiFi for the network connection.

Live streaming is not only P3 Advanced, If it is then DJI should stop saying otherwise.
2017-2-20
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-19 20:48
I think she did read your post and answered accordingly.

Your reply could be a bit more civil. You may not realise it but it comes across as quite rude and I hope this was not your intention.

If I came off as rude that's only because it was warranted  I knew someone would mention ios so I was sure to address it in my first post, but the responder went ahead and did it anyway.
2017-2-20
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard, but I can't live stream even On the IPhone 7 Plus.
2017-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-20 07:53
My apologies, I thought I was positing in a P3S specific forum.

Aloha phil,

Yup, it is in the P3S section of the Forum which is included in with the rest of the Phantom sections.  Very hard to see the sub sections text but as you note it is my bad!  My apologies back at ya!  It certainly does not hurt to mention your Phantom though when you post your thread text.  We try to help and sometimes move quickly between threads which is how I made my oversight.  Instead of help, I have been something of a headache.

So, then, you do realize that you need the USB cable in the network in order to Livestream?  The P3P, P3A, P4, P4Pro and possibly the Mavic are able to Livestream.

Again, my apologies.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-20 08:21
If I came off as rude that's only because it was warranted  I knew someone would mention ios so I was sure to address it in my first post, but the responder went ahead and did it anyway.

It did come across as rude.

No - It was not justified. Someone was taking time to assist you and even if the answer in not to your liking you can remain polite.
2017-2-20
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-20 17:57
Aloha phil,

Yup, it is in the P3S section of the Forum which is included in with the rest of the Phantom sections.  Very hard to see the sub sections text but as you note it is my bad!  My apologies back at ya!  It certainly does not hurt to mention your Phantom though when you post your thread text.  We try to help and sometimes move quickly between threads which is how I made my oversight.  Instead of help, I have been something of a headache.

I guess I'll have to go buy a USB cable. I'm assuming I can find one on Amazon. I've never seen micro USB to micro USB before. DJI should definitely be more clear when all they say is "It does live streaming".
2017-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-21 11:12
I guess I'll have to go buy a USB cable. I'm assuming I can find one on Amazon. I've never seen micro USB to micro USB before. DJI should definitely be more clear when all they say is "It does live streaming".

Aloha phil,

My apologies for not being clear enough.  It is not just the USB cable, it is the system that the USB cable is a part of.  The P3 Standatd and the P3 4K use WiFi as part of the network.  

Or so I thought.  I just looked at the specs for the P3S and it notes that a USB video out.  Maybe you can check if it is possible to use a USB cable for video.  Is there a full size or mini USB port on your controller?  My friend has a P3S.  If I get a chance I will look his remote controller over for a USB port besides the micro USB port for charging.

This is new and interesting.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-21
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-21 14:16
Aloha phil,

My apologies for not being clear enough.  It is not just the USB cable, it is the system that the USB cable is a part of.  The P3 Standatd and the P3 4K use WiFi as part of the network.  

I have the P3S and it only has the one port on the RC. AFAIK that is only used for charging.

Reading the reply from Natalia above;
"Since you owned phantom 3 standard, you need connect phantom WiFi for remote on your mobile device. While android devices do not support WiFi connection and cellular data network at the same time.
If you need livestreaming, please use an iOS device instead."

It seems that to acheive livestreaming you need to use an iOS device.

2017-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-21 14:26
I have the P3S and it only has the one port on the RC. AFAIK that is only used for charging.

Aloha Caban,

Yes, that has been noted a few times.  What surprised me was when I went to the download manual and looked, it noted a microUSB for charging and a USB for video.  Hmm.

I find that curious.  Do you have two different USB ports on your controller?  You note one microUSB port for charging, any larger ones?  Can you look again?

It would not be the first time a DJI manual had an oversight, but it is worth looking.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-21
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-21 18:42
Aloha Caban,

Yes, that has been noted a few times.  What surprised me was when I went to the download manual and looked, it noted a microUSB for charging and a USB for video.  Hmm.

It's not in front of me now but I am 99% sure there is only one port.
P3S_Controller.png
2017-2-21
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-21 14:26

As I said, in the very first post, the Android app says it does live streaming in multiple places. Let's try to be constructive and figure out a way to do this.
2017-2-21
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-21 18:42
Aloha Caban,

I checked my controller, it only has one port, the Micro USB used for charging.  It is possible that port could be used for video.  I would have to buy the cable to try it.
2017-2-21
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

If you can locate a suitable cable then it may be a good experiment, but I would prepare for disappointment. If you can borrow a suitable iOS device then that would be your best chance.
2017-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-21 19:17
I checked my controller, it only has one port, the Micro USB used for charging.  It is possible that port could be used for video.  I would have to buy the cable to try it.

Aloha phil,

There are at least two types of microUSB cables, charging cables and data cables.  Some cables do both.  I agree with Caban, be prepared for disappointment.

To test the way you need to go, borrow a microUSB data cable and / or an iOS device.  I have spent way too much money exploring possibilities.  But now I have an amazing collection of useless technology!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-21
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
United States

Yeah I'm not touching ios. I guess live streaming is off the table until I can get my phone using data and wifi at the same time..
2017-2-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-21 21:46
Yeah I'm not touching ios. I guess live streaming is off the table until I can get my phone using data and wifi at the same time..

Aloha phil,

Good, I do not touch iOS either.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

I don't touch Hemorrhoids
2017-2-22
Use props