How good is the ARGTEK ANNTENNA setup on P3S?
123Next >
12287 96 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

solentlife Posted at 2017-3-31 02:38
2574m in rural area with altitude at max around 136m .......

Nigel

Yup I guess location is important.
2017-3-31
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

It really sucks I got fifteen hundred feet stock 700 feet with argtek go with a DBS mod it more than doubled I'm getting over 4000 feet on my standard
2017-3-31
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-3-31 11:55
It really sucks I got fifteen hundred feet stock 700 feet with argtek go with a DBS mod it more than doubled I'm getting over 4000 feet on my standard

Yes so you keep trolling in every thread about Argtek.  Maybe you bought a clone fake one who knows?

More likely if you only got 700 ft the RC antenna was not connected.  I've seen people's flight logs who do more than 4000 ft on an unmodded standard. So maybe you have something wrong that with a boosted DBS you only get 4000ft and I get 15000 ft with the unboosted Argtek.
2017-3-31
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-19 09:47
Strange I get 7500ft distance yet you say only 700ft.  Tens times less does not make sense unless you got a faulty panel or RC antenna as the antenna is 10dBI

I had the same experience with the Argtek mod.  I was getting around 2,000 feet with the stock P3Standard.  I installed the Argtek mod and it made no difference at all.  I removed it and stored it on a shelf for 6 months.  Then when the new firmware came out, I thought I'd try it again.  So I once again installed the Mod.  Still no difference in range.  So I removed it.  I got a Windsurfer mod and  was able to get around 2,100 feet. But that is the best my Standard will do.  I don't understand how others can get the long range that they do.  I ended up buying a P3 Pro, and that solved my range problems for sure.  I've been out 2 miles with it, and it could go farther.  I still fly the Standard, but just for close in practice.
2017-3-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I believe that many of the Argtek failures are based on connectors.

The tiny connectors inside the case need to be pushed firmly home - not just pushed on ... also they have to be fitted dead vertical or the small pin gets damaged.
Second the threaded stub that antenna screws onto is short on threads because of the thickness of plastic and the nut used. When I tried to connect extension cables - I found the centre was not grounding out before outer thread was fully used.

If the connectors are not fitted fully - then this will cause poor transmission and short range.

Nigel
2017-3-31
Use props
fansdb9bf197
lvl.1
United States

I use the Litchi App and can fly as far as my battery will last if on a mission...BUT...my question is will the extender help with video when surrounded by 30-40 wifi spots in a populated area. Right now I get the disconnected message and the video freezes in less than a quarter of a mile...but it does not when flying in the open areas...so will the extender help or will it not matter given the environment.
2017-4-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

solentlife Posted at 2017-3-31 22:39
I believe that many of the Argtek failures are based on connectors.

The tiny connectors inside the case need to be pushed firmly home - not just pushed on ... also they have to be fitted dead vertical or the small pin gets damaged.

Thanks for the advice.  Yes when putting on the connectors you need to be careful and they will "snap" into place. As Nigel says you need to make sure the pins are inserted into the female connector properly so they do not get damaged.

My self and my friend Dronesmeg installed our antenna's and both of us get the same distances although with my latest 4.55km I've outdone him.  
2017-4-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

fansdb9bf197 Posted at 2017-4-1 04:30
I use the Litchi App and can fly as far as my battery will last if on a mission...BUT...my question is will the extender help with video when surrounded by 30-40 wifi spots in a populated area. Right now I get the disconnected message and the video freezes in less than a quarter of a mile...but it does not when flying in the open areas...so will the extender help or will it not matter given the environment.

Yes I have video even to 4.55km or 15000 ft with my Argtek. I do see weak transmission but I still keep video.
2017-4-1
Use props
fansdb9bf197
lvl.1
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-1 04:34
Yes I have video even to 4.55km or 15000 ft with my Argtek. I do see weak transmission but I still keep video.

Thanks that was what I was hoping to hear
2017-4-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

fansdb9bf197 Posted at 2017-4-1 04:50
Thanks that was what I was hoping to hear

You are in Canada is that correct?  Not many places left to fly seeing as you cannot come 75m laterally from any building person animal insect or fly out of line of sight.

2017-4-1
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

"I've outdone him."

If I knew I had entered a competition, I might have actually tried competing. Lol.

As it stands, I'm not really into flying strictly for distance. I've only done 2 flights where I went purely for distance.

The rest of my flights have focused on photo and video, learning camera functions, point of interest function and other things. Then I've put effort into photo and video editing and getting aesthetically pleasing results. To that end, I've just received a little filter kit with pop-on ND and CPL. I look forward to using them. Here are a couple of my greatest hits:

2017-4-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Nice job on the video editing.  Nice transitions and nice speeding up of the video's.

I just did that distance test after I had used 2 batteries doing a sunrise video where you did you distance test.  So third battery I just decided why not try and see.
I did not launch from the lower platform but from above.  Also as Argtek are going to send me a booster kit for the car I want to compare boosted versus non boosted Argtek.
4.5km is certainly more than one really needs to go. You need to have faith in your drone and RTH working, which of course it does.  
Yeah it's not a competition but the Argtek let us fly those missions where you took those great videos.  Without the Argtek we would not have made the height or distance we did on those flights.
It's a good uni to have to boost signals for stability even if you want to go no farther than 1.5km.
2017-4-1
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansdb9bf197 Posted at 2017-4-1 04:30

This is my first Litchi fly. When RTH  kicked in I still had full signal on 2.4GHz.
One of the negatives about Litchi is that you don't have video recorded on your phone or tablet.
Litchi fly.
2017-4-1
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

G_Sig Posted at 2017-4-1 09:26
This is my first Litchi fly. When RTH  kicked in I still had full signal on 2.4GHz.
One of the negatives about Litchi is that you don't have video recorded on your phone or tablet.
Litchi fly.

I am not ready for Litchi yet.  I may do so at some time as I like the idea of being able to fly way point missions.  Having the extended range also means that if I stay within my signal area I could also manually take back control if needed.

I have seen some awesome videos from one forum member using Litchi.  Mind blowing actually.
2017-4-2
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

"Nice job on the video editing.  Nice transitions and nice speeding up of the video's."

Nice job on trying to give the impression that you understand video editing, when all of your photos and videos to date are SOOC.
2017-4-2
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-4-2 06:34
"Nice job on the video editing.  Nice transitions and nice speeding up of the video's."

Nice job on trying to give the impression that you understand video editing, when all of your photos and videos to date are SOOC.

LOL   Just because I do not edit all of my video's does not mean I do not understand how it's done hehehe

See a link I sent to you for another location maybe we could do together in North East Coast.

2017-4-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Today I added a single Windsurfer to the middle section of my Argtek Omni 5.8Ghz antenna .... 3068m ...... my previous best with the Argtek only was 2574m

I now have two Windsurfers joined together that are near full length of the antenna ... will try again tomorrow if weather OK ... see if I can beat todays incredible range.

Nigel
2017-4-2
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-2 10:56
Today I added a single Windsurfer to the middle section of my Argtek Omni 5.8Ghz antenna .... 3068m ...... my previous best with the Argtek only was 2574m

I now have two Windsurfers joined together that are near full length of the antenna ... will try again tomorrow if weather OK ... see if I can beat todays incredible range.

Nigel I found that it does depend on weather conditions as well.

Today is nice and clear for a change however it's the third day of a 4 day holiday and traffic on the main road in my area is already jam packed.  But me being me I might go back to one place and climb the mountain to an observatory where my wife's classmate works.  He will let me into the grounds and they have a nice area I can fly from. Can also take some photos of the observatory for them.

2017-4-2
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-3-31 02:38
2574m in rural area with altitude at max around 136m .......

Nigel

I put on an argtek.  Using the two panel and middle post I'm hitting 2500 feet at 400 feet.  There is some ground clutter (trees) but Im about 350 feet above the tallest tree.  I'm in the US,  will the Magic thing actually increase my broadcast power?
2017-4-2
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-2 08:12
LOL   Just because I do not edit all of my video's does not mean I do not understand how it's done hehehe

See a link I sent to you for another location maybe we could do together in North East Coast.

You and I both know you have put off using editing software because you don't know how to use it and have been unwilling to put in the time to learn.

2017-4-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Twin Windsurfers .... Argtek kit ...

Flat land, no mountains, RC in residential area ... AC flying of into rural ....

4525m at 120m altitude.

Nigel
2017-4-3
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-3 10:02
[view_image]

Not bad for a standard.
2017-4-3
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-3 10:02
[view_image]

Way to go Nigel.   Do you think the 2 windsurfers on the RC Omni antenna helped?

2017-4-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-3 17:26
Way to go Nigel.   Do you think the 2 windsurfers on the RC Omni antenna helped?

Absolutely, without I get approx half that distance.

Nigel
2017-4-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

4535m (14789 ft) with twin booster ... one on 2.4 and other on 5.8 .....

Nigel
2017-4-4
Use props
HighDesertFlyer
New
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-3 06:30
I know this one is Legit as I bought from them.
https://www.amazon.com/BlueProton-Phantom-Standard-Extender-Antenna/dp/B01BAEGRZ6

I also bought through Amazon, just to ensure it was the real deal. The price was exactly the same as eBay.
2017-4-5
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I just installed the Argtek I bought off Amazon last night. I normally get between 7950-8450 feet If I go straight West and about 4300-5100 in other directions with good video the whole time (this is with stock setup). I used the straight antenna with the 2 flat for wifi and just got done flying the same route West and made it to 10150 before RTH kicked in. Im impressed so far with it. Its fairly flat here with fields and rows of trees separating the fields so I do go over them at around 180-250 feet up. I'm in the country with a few houses here and there. I'll have to try the other configurations of the antennas and the other directions to see what differences they make. So far so good.
2017-4-8
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I fitted a Argtek to my p3s yesterday and flew it this morning and all went well didn't push out to far as still new to drones
but weather looks good for tomorrow so will be a little adventurous
2017-4-8
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Michgolden Posted at 2017-4-8 10:43
I just installed the Argtek I bought off Amazon last night. I normally get between 7950-8450 feet If I go straight West and about 4300-5100 in other directions with good video the whole time (this is with stock setup). I used the straight antenna with the 2 flat for wifi and just got done flying the same route West and made it to 10150 before RTH kicked in. Im impressed so far with it. Its fairly flat here with fields and rows of trees separating the fields so I do go over them at around 180-250 feet up. I'm in the country with a few houses here and there. I'll have to try the other configurations of the antennas and the other directions to see what differences they make. So far so good.

You might want to fly a bit higher as well if you can.
2017-4-8
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yes I will do I'm on the coast so only a few walkers about early in the morning
2017-4-9
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
United Kingdom

took this today
Gorl pic 7 (2).JPG
gorl 7a.jpg
2017-4-9
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

Well going North I still get about the same distance, within a hundred feet, but going West it went from around 4300 feet to 9070. Definitely happy.
2017-4-9
Use props
Paul MK
New
Flight distance : 236 ft
Cambodia

I have a phantom 3 standard with the latest firmware. I'm looking to purchase argtek but I heard that it doesn't work great with latest firmware.  any idea?
2017-5-24
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Paul MK Posted at 2017-5-24 10:10
I have a phantom 3 standard with the latest firmware. I'm looking to purchase argtek but I heard that it doesn't work great with latest firmware.  any idea?

I run the latest firmware and runs fine I did my longest distance flights on latest firmware.
2017-5-24
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

Thanks to the Argtek I broke my old record of 11,320 feet yesterday and hit 15,137 feet. It was sketchy to say the least pushing it out that far but what a rush! The video feed was cutting out past the 11,500 mark but was still working enough to see what was going on. The flight right before that was very intense because I ran it out to about 8700 feet and lost all connection with the AC. Controller went red and the app screen went blank, but the controller was doing the RTH beeping (or that's what I thought it was). I tried restarting the app, reconnecting the wifi, but to no avail. All I could do was wait and about 4.5 - 5 minutes later it came back and landed right where it was supposed to. That has never happened before and what a helpless feeling, but the AC did what it is supposed to do, thankfully. I was using the 3 omni-direction antennas because I seem to get better results with them versus the paddles. Not as picky.
2017-5-28
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Someone said that they make fake ARGtek antenna mods.  I got  one some time ago.  It did not help my range on my P3s very much at all.  I was very careful about the connectors at installation.  I took it back off after a while.  I can not find anywhere on the box that says where it was made.  But it does have the  BlueProton symbol on it.  Does anyone have a photo of the box for a genuine kit from Taiwan?  
2017-5-28
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-3-3 05:06
Errr...to make it easier, can anyone can confirm that this Ebay sale is genuine Argtek before i spend my dollars? Thanks in advance... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ARGtek-DJI-Phantom-3-Standard-WiFi-Signal-Range-Extender-Antenna-Kit-10-dBi-Omni-/272375966180

I don't know...!  That sure looks like the one I got.  It didn't work worth a damn.  I removed it.
2017-5-28
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

djordan2 Posted at 2017-5-28 15:05
Someone said that they make fake ARGtek antenna mods.  I got  one some time ago.  It did not help my range on my P3s very much at all.  I was very careful about the connectors at installation.  I took it back off after a while.  I can not find anywhere on the box that says where it was made.  But it does have the  BlueProton symbol on it.  Does anyone have a photo of the box for a genuine kit from Taiwan?

I don't have a pic but did buy it through the link under the P3S tab on phantomhelp.com. It was the one on  Amazon
2017-5-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

Where are you at? FAA says 400 feet max. I'd say that 8600 feet is a little over legal.
2017-5-28
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-5-28 20:35
Where are you at? FAA says 400 feet max. I'd say that 8600 feet is a little over legal.

Firstly you fail to understand. FAA says 400 ft above ground level.  It does not say 400 feet altitude / elevation
If you take your drone to the mountains at 14000 feet is that illegal if you fly at 14400 feet altitude?

I'd say you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to flying at altitude. Notwithstanding that anyone can see I do not live in the USA as my video's already show the location on them.   Now this flight I used to take this picture over 4000 feet above the valley below might be illegal in the USA.  Now I did not hack my drones firmware. DJI drones have a max height of 1640 ft built in. I simply launch from a place above the valley flew out a couple miles and added the 1640 height the drone can fly.  

1200m 4000 ft.jpg
2017-5-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules