Red, Blue and White Dots......
3563 25 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pk78731
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2864859 ft
United States

Anybody have a clue and or a fix on why my p4 would all of a sudden start flooding my pic and video with all of these dots and sparkles in the video in the dark places...? I chatted with support on thursday said they were going to email me a label to send it in, have not heard from them and it's been three days. I'm two weeks out of the 6 month warranty, but i did purchase from best buy with discover....help please.

red dots

red dots

white dots

white dots
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage? Could you happen to provide the case number that should have been generated when you contacted Support?
2017-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is a case of the camera not doing the black balance routine that maps out the dark current of the individual pixels. As such, it is a camera fault, and you should contact DJI support to get an RMA to return it for repair.
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Red white and blue. Very patriotic.

Hope you can get that corrected.
These drones take awesome pictures normally.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-18 19:01
Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage? Could you happen to provide the case number that should have been generated when you contacted Support?

no it did not start after a firmware update, nor was there a hard landing, and i have not stored my drone ever...i fly at least 3-4 times a week. I was not given any case numbers because, they said that they were going to email me all the information necessary to return the drone. i gave them my email, actsradio@yahoo.com.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pk78731 Posted at 2017-2-18 20:14
no it did not start after a firmware update, nor was there a hard landing, and i have not stored my drone ever...i fly at least 3-4 times a week. I was not given any case numbers because, they said that they were going to email me all the information necessary to return the drone. i gave them my email, .

I will follow up to get this addressed. Please be advised that the US Support Center will be closed on Monday due to the Presidents Day holiday, there may not be any movement until Tuesday.
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-18 23:16
I will follow up to get this addressed. Please be advised that the US Support Center will be closed on Monday due to the Presidents Day holiday, there may not be any movement until Tuesday.

Only one month in office, and he already gets a holiday.. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-18 19:31
Red white and blue. Very patriotic.

Hope you can get that corrected.

Aloha RedHot,

Hey, you stole my line!  I was going to say those are little US flags floating in the water!

I hope he gets his problem solved.  Everyone is giving him good advice.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-18 23:23

Aloha RedHot,

Yeah, they are really spoiling that guy!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-18 23:28
Aloha RedHot,

Yeah, they are really spoiling that guy!

Oh well, atleast Trump has his own resort and golf courses.

Mira Lago looks lovely...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-18 23:28
Aloha RedHot,

Hey, you stole my line!  I was going to say those are little US flags floating in the water!

Wave them with proud abandon.

Hang em high... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this problem with spots almost since I bought my P3P and I have not been able to find a definitve answer. Some have said that it was becasue of a loose ribbon cable from teh camera, others that it was interference. My own investigations seems to indicate it is an exposure problem. You may well find they they will disappear on a cloudy day when exposure is not maxed out. I would also check it out in Photoshop if you  have access. When looking at image size you will find that the DPI is over 700. Reduce that to 300 and it will help as will the use of a good noise reduction program. i use Noiseless from Macphun as I am on a Mac.
At the moment I am finding it hard to believe it is a hardware problem as the machine was new, no crasjes or haed landings and always kept in a case. Let us know if you do find the cause.
2017-2-19
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

I think those dot in the picture with the house look cool. They may not look good in some shots but in that one it is interesting and cool.
I hope you find a way to use the dots or get rid of them.
safe flying!
2017-2-19
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-2-19 05:17
I have had this problem with spots almost since I bought my P3P and I have not been able to find a definitve answer. Some have said that it was becasue of a loose ribbon cable from teh camera, others that it was interference. My own investigations seems to indicate it is an exposure problem. You may well find they they will disappear on a cloudy day when exposure is not maxed out. I would also check it out in Photoshop if you  have access. When looking at image size you will find that the DPI is over 700. Reduce that to 300 and it will help as will the use of a good noise reduction program. i use Noiseless from Macphun as I am on a Mac.
At the moment I am finding it hard to believe it is a hardware problem as the machine was new, no crasjes or haed landings and always kept in a case. Let us know if you do find the cause.

after several attempts of refreshing firmware on several computers, with the first try gimball would not show as connected, then the second time, a vision sensor error, i was able to clear all errors on the third attempt,  so somewhat minimized the red dot hot spots, but still present in the dark areas, and the pano still has some pink in the sky...i'm giving up, and sending her back to dji....this is a faulty cam...

3 AEB 5 shot Stitched pink sky

3 AEB 5 shot Stitched pink sky
20170219-DJI_0022.jpg
2017-2-19
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I am assuming that you are at Max ISO.

To me it looks like there is some sort of structure. It seems the camera is getting very low light from that source and it is coming up almost like noise.

What ISO were you using?

EDIT. Just had a look at the last images up close and that artifact in the sky is very strange for a well exposed image. I would suspect a sensor or amplifier fault.

2017-2-19
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-19 13:24

To me it looks like there is some sort of structure. It seems the camera is getting very low light from that source and it is coming up almost like noise.

i would agree, it's either the sensor, or a faulty cable/connection, however something with the firmware seems to be weird......it does seem to be sporadic, and the fact i had three different errors come up, while attempting to refresh the firmware after three separate attempts, seems to me that something is shorting out....this camera used to great night time shots, without any problems...
2017-2-19
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-19 13:24

i would agree, it's either the sensor, or a faulty cable/connection, however something with the firmware seems to be weird......it does seem to be sporadic, and the fact i had three different errors come up, while attempting to refresh the firmware after three separate attempts, seems to me that something is shorting out....this camera used to great night time shots, without any problems...
20161110-DJI_0011-2.jpg
2017-2-19
Use props
Luca Marinello
New
United Kingdom

in the settings tab of video settings, turn it down to as low as possible. This fixed it for me when I had these problems.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-18 23:23

Well, we still have another 44 presidents to observe on that day.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pk78731 Posted at 2017-2-18 20:14
no it did not start after a firmware update, nor was there a hard landing, and i have not stored my drone ever...i fly at least 3-4 times a week. I was not given any case numbers because, they said that they were going to email me all the information necessary to return the drone. i gave them my email, .

It looks like you should have received a RMA number and a shipping label Today, did you happen to receive it?
2017-2-21
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-21 14:31
It looks like you should have received a RMA number and a shipping label Today, did you happen to receive it?

yes, i received the rma label, and the bird was shipped yesterday....
2017-2-23
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-21 14:31

it's been a week since ups said it delivered my drone and there has been no update or confirmation that it was received. Is it possible to get a confirmation of receipt and a estimated time of repair? I understand if there is a line , but the lack of communication has me a bit concerned. Thanks Jaime, PK
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pk78731 Posted at 2017-3-2 07:25
it's been a week since ups said it delivered my drone and there has been no update or confirmation that it was received. Is it possible to get a confirmation of receipt and a estimated time of repair? I understand if there is a line , but the lack of communication has me a bit concerned. Thanks Jaime, PK

I'll look into this for you.
2017-3-2
Use props
pk78731
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-2 09:54
I'll look into this for you.

any news? i got an email on friday to check the status, and the web portal still has not been updated....thanks Jaime. PK
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pk78731 Posted at 2017-3-5 23:58
any news? i got an email on friday to check the status, and the web portal still has not been updated....thanks Jaime. PK

It looks like the unit is still in the evaluation stage, though it looks like it's reaching the end. Further information will be made available shortly.
2017-3-6
Use props
Johnwil
New

Australia

Just to add some more info to the mix. My phantom 3 advanced only shows white spots in the sky part of images and only with the raw files. The spots are not present in the jpg files. Hopefully someone may be able to explain this and what is occurring to record the jpg properly that isn't happening with the raw file.
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules