Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wifi
1106 15 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

This maybe a silly question but as a noob to drone flying I'm not sure if I should connect the RC of the P4 pro + to a mobile devices wifi when flying?
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No need for WiFi when flying your Phantom 4 Pro+

The Phantom 3 Standard uses WiFi to connect to its RC.

There are only questions unasked which are unanswered.
Please don't ever feel shy or uncomfortable asking questions, when ever you are unsure about something.
That's why the forum is here, to help new drone pilots with their DJI products and services.
I often ask people to RTFM (read the flight manual) but unfortunately, many questions aren't answered in the PDF manual.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-19
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-19 00:25
No need for WiFi when flying your Phantom 4 Pro+

The Phantom 3 Standard uses WiFi to connrct to its RC.

Thanks Captain ;-)  just didn't want to make a stupid mistake and loose my drone lol
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-19 00:29
Thanks Captain ;-)  just didn't want to make a stupid mistake and loose my drone lol

It's always best to ask, than to fly off, and discover your mistake too late.  ;-)

I hope that you have only happy and memorable experiences with your drone.
You can let it loose, just don't "lose" it. Ha
Enjoy it, and your time, well spent, while on the forum.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-19
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-19 00:33
It's always best to ask, than to fly off, and discover your mistake too late.  ;-)

I must say as a noob to flying drones I am amazed at what these DJI drones can do.....and all said and done I'm so glad I went DJI :-)
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-19 00:44
I must say as a noob to flying drones I am amazed at what these DJI drones can do.....and all said and done I'm so glad I went DJI :-)

It's nice to have you on the forum. Yes, DJI are the number one drone manufacturer, with around 70% market share of the worlds hobby class and pro class drone sales.
They have been around for a decade or more already, and continue to bring new and innovative products to the enthusiastic drone customers, world wide.

You made a great choice in yours, with its cutting edge parameters and features. Very wise decision.
I hope that yours is a completely trouble free unit, which will perform flawlessly as expected. Much like my Phantom 3 Pro', has been for me. Never a problem or minor concern in two plus years. Very satisfied.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-19
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you for your help Redhotpoker very much appreciated,
I have only flown her a few times so far without any issues thus far only a bit glitchy at times with the video feed to the RC but I can live with that and I'm sure that will be sorted at some stage with a firmware update,
Yes I was considering getting the GoPro drone when it first came out having a couple of their hero 4 blacks I'm a big fan but I'm so glad I didn't take the plunge, even after the rerelease it don't look that good for them which is a shame they really have dropped a big one with that drone.
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-19 01:03
Thank you for your help Redhotpoker very much appreciated,
I have only flown her a few times so far without any issues thus far only a bit glitchy at times with the video feed to the RC but I can live with that and I'm sure that will be sorted at some stage with a firmware update,
Yes I was considering getting the GoPro drone when it first came out having a couple of their hero 4 blacks I'm a big fan but I'm so glad I didn't take the plunge, even after the rerelease it don't look that good for them which is a shame they really have dropped a big one with that drone.

I have no GoPro camera devices or any knowledge of their drone products.
But have heard a little about them. They have a long way to go, playing catchup with DJI though.

Perhaps the  minor problem you mentioned can be corrected with a firmware update.
If you do a forum search, you may find there is already a fix, or one in the works. DJI are pretty good about that.  Check the download section for your particular model occasionally, and the App Store as well, for new app releases. Which Go app are you using? Is everything in your flight kit up to date?
Those versions can be checked in the app.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-19
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-19 01:26
I have no GoPro camera devices or any knowledge of their drone products.
But have heard a little about them. They have a long way to go, playing catchup with DJI though.

I am using the go4 and checked for updates and says I'm on the latest version!Also the RC and drone along with all batteries have been updated to the latest firmware
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-19 01:36
I am using the go4 and checked for updates and says I'm on the latest version!

Ok, well perhaps another will be on it's way in the next while. New features are often included.
Be sure to check all your parameter preferences after doing an update, as they can often revert back to factory settings, when updated.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-19
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-19 01:39
Ok, well perhaps another will be on it's way in the next while. New features are often included.
Be sure to check all your parameter preferences after doing an update, as they can often revert back to factory settings, when updated.

Very good point....I have so far made a habit of checking all the parameters before each flight....as a noob just a bit paranoid about making mistakes lol
But I can see how easy it would be to overlook something like that and could suffer disastrous consequences because of not checking!
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's not a beginner practice. We prefer to describe this activity as your "Preflight Check List". ;-)

It's a wise drone pilot that conducts one, of their own design, before every first flight.
If you have several batteries, that won't be needed when you land, switch flight packs and lift off again.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-19
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-19 02:40
It's not a beginner practice. We prefer to describe this activity as your "Preflight Check List". ;-)

It's a wise drone pilot that conducts one, of their own design, before every first flight.

Wise words ;-)
2017-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You are already well on your way to having only awesome flight experiences.

Take it easy in the beginning, and gradually fly higher, farther and much faster.. ;-)

Share some of your videos and pics along the path of your fantastic journey.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-19
Use props
ejcdrone4pro
New

United States

Can I use an IPad mini with wifi only on P4P?
2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-19 00:44

I've only been flying a month.  Over a 137 flights already. Suggest you read the forum link below as well.
Although I have the junior drone as it were you can still learn a lot from all the threads.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84482-1-1.html
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules