Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Yaw drift
17290 96 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zielint
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55640 ft
Poland

Damn, my brand new mavic pro have the same issue

That is outrage that souch expensive procut is so faulty, I can still return mine  to amazon so i think i will do this
I also have mi4k and 3dr Solo both flight straight like an arrow.  I am very disappointed by dji.
2018-3-26
Use props
ForceRecon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 165331 ft
United States

I downgraded my firmware this weekend from .300 to .200 and it seemed to make no difference.
Upgraded back to .300.  Gonna try to re- calibrate everything for the 11 billionth time and see if the yaw drift/gimbal rotation gets any better. I also bought my drone from Amazon. Gonna have to check and see what the timeline is on returns. Edit: Amazon returns are accepted for 30 days. My  return window closed on the 23rd of March.
Crap!
2018-3-27
Use props
KrisTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 670994 ft
Australia

Another disappointed Mavic Drift customer here. Tried all the recals as suggested. Still reacting exactly the same way as it was out of the box. Painful. I don't want to send it back in like everyone else doesn't want to send their drone in for repairs. We just want the decent product that we paid decent money for.

One other thing I have noticed that doesn't really seem to have been mentioned though is when strafing (flying sideways. Hope I got the lingo correct) The drone moves forward big time too. this is due to the same yaw issues when trying to fly in a straight line as visually the yaw does change . I tend to be flying sideways a whole heap for the progress records I am keeping. I think its possibly worse than trying to fly straight.

The company I work for is looking to buy a number of drones for record keeping with my input leading the direction taken. Guess what we wont be buying. If I couldn't actually fly before I got the Mavic it would have been crashed by now for sure.
2018-4-2
Use props
David Bartenfield
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>

I have the exact same problem identified repeatedly in this thread.  The gimbal drifts a whopping 10-15 degrees in stable air.  Everything thoroughly calibrated.  Is there a fix for this?
2018-5-14
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

My Mavic Pro started doing this recently (after 10 months of ownership). Doesn’t look like this issue has been fixed yet by DJI(?). I guess it’s a hardware issue?
2018-5-15
Use props
Laurens23
lvl.1
Netherlands

dancopter Posted at 2018-5-15 11:16
My Mavic Pro started doing this recently (after 10 months of ownership). Doesn’t look like this issue has been fixed yet by DJI(?). I guess it’s a hardware issue?

I'm having the same drift/ not flying straight issue.
I posted all logs and a video in a new topic: here
2018-5-21
Use props
Alber
New
Spain

I think this is a problem related with magnetizer compass. Maybe degaussing it the problem will be fixed. Mine had the same issue, I returned it to Amazon but investigating on internet I found this possible solution

2018-6-6
Use props
Alber
New
Spain

According with I have read you can also degauss with a traditional magnet but I have never try either method
If someone  here test this solution and it works I will be appreciated and I will buy another mavic and a Magnet
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikram19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 51273 ft

Same problem here, out of the box and after recalibrating too!
2018-7-7
Use props
fansb1aba483
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241680 ft
United States

Any luck yet?  Mine is doing the same thing I’ve calibrated everything 1 million times it’s still drifts and when I try to fly straight it flys sideways
2018-7-31
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

To me it looks like gimbal drift more than yaw drift.  Mine has it as well, sometimes lots, sometimes none, sometimes right but usually left.  You can check it by looking at the logs, if the heading doesnt change and shows no RC yaw input but the video moves then it's gimbal.Its not an uncommon MP issue and latest firmwares appear to have made it worse.
AFAIK DJI don't even accept it happens so wont look at any potential fix.

2018-7-31
Use props
fanseacc58a6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

Same issue here but on a p4p v2... I have the pvp2 pvp2+ p3p and all fly in a straight line. Mine yaws just like yours.
www.opspeculate.com
2019-2-23
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86631 ft

Same problem here, is it 2019?
Just found this thread today.
2019-9-9
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3

https://youtu.be/6_4JAtutMPY
You can see the problem here.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Qui Rom Posted at 9-9 01:33
https://youtu.be/6_4JAtutMPY
You can see the problem here.

Have you fiddled with the gain settings?
2019-9-9
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 01:43
Have you fiddled with the gain settings?

no, I never touched the gain settings.
My understanding is due to the AC constantly yaw drifting to the right, the dronie quickshot move had to make a curve to keep me in the center of the frame.
2019-9-9
Use props
Guillaume89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270476 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI thank you for this camera drift surprise !!! Happened in live during a rocket launch for european aerospace industry...

I M FUCKED UP
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules