Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO App always Crash !
1234Next >
12219 121 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cyrille1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75807 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi, Since last update (iOS App Dji GO) , App always crash, very unstable and frustrating... anyone have this problem ?
Of course, i re-install app but same problem.

config : iPhone 7+ - Last iOS
Thanks for your help
2017-2-19
Use props
PhaseshiftR
lvl.1
United States

It seems to be happening a lot. I have read mostly it's for people who have android but I guess it's happening to a lot of people :/ I don't have the mavic yet so I can't say man
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I had the MP for the past 3 month and never even had one crash. I am using IPHONE6s+ and force close all apps before connection. You are using DJI GO4 APP?  Delete the app and reinstall and see how it goes. Also try it with another phone and or cable to kind of eliminate that phone and cable. Also try it using the USB port and let us know...Good luck!
2017-2-19
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Thanks but already do this...
2017-2-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been having the same issue on my Android device with pretty much every flight. Switched to Litchi and have not had even one problem.
2017-2-19
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

i have an iPhone 7+ and an iPad Mini 4 neither DJI GO 4 app has ever crashed on me. How much available space do you have available.
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cyrille1 Posted at 2017-2-19 13:25
Thanks but already do this...

Few people so far reported the issue with the 7+. Did you try with 6S+ or MINI 4 LIKE DEV suggested?
2017-2-19
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

devGOD Posted at 2017-2-19 19:31
i have an iPhone 7+ and an iPad Mini 4 neither DJI GO 4 app has ever crashed on me. How much available space do you have available.

>How much available space do you have available.

60 Go...
2017-2-19
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

dronist Posted at 2017-2-19 19:36
Few people so far reported the issue with the 7+. Did you try with 6S+ or MINI 4 LIKE DEV suggested?

>Few people so far reported the issue with the 7+. Did you try with 6S+ or MINI 4 LIKE DEV suggested?

No.. because i have an iPhone 7+... It does not solve my problem if App works on iPhone 6S+
2017-2-20
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Cyrille1 Posted at 2017-2-20 00:01
>Few people so far reported the issue with the 7+. Did you try with 6S+ or MINI 4 LIKE DEV suggested?

No.. because i have an iPhone 7+... It does not solve my problem if App works on iPhone 6S+

DJI GO 4 still seems to be a beta-version both for iOS and android although more androids have substantial problems than iOS-phones ..............

I tested it with 4 different androids (2 from the DJI-certified list and 2 which are not on the list) and on ALL FOUR DJI GO 4 crashes BUT NOT DJI GO 3.

DJI is strongly advised to keep DJI GO 3 "alive" until the wiped out all the innumerable bugs in DJI GO 4 !

2017-2-20
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

in fact App works sometimes but at the end of the day (problem of memory ?) App always crash.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

If DJI GO 4 crashes on your android device, then please export the crash log for us, you can find it here: /sdcard/DJIdji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
If you use an iOS device, please connect your device to a PC with iTunes installed and find the crash log.
Then upload it to dropbox and post link here, I will transfer all files to our engineers for evaluation, thank you all very much.
2017-2-20
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-20 00:41
If DJI GO 4 crashes on your android device, then please export the crash log for us, you can find it here: /sdcard/DJIdji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
If you use an iOS device, please connect your device to a PC with iTunes installed and find the crash log.
Then upload it to dropbox and post link here, I will transfer all files to our engineers for evaluation, thank you all very much.

Thanks but... What is the name of (dji) crash log ? i have more files...
2017-2-20
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwdde ... eBYtMVKUudDmZa?dl=0

Ok for  you ?
2017-2-20
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69783 ft
Thailand

App constantly crashes on Nexus 5x.
But I see no LOG folder
Screenshot_20170220-161152.png
2017-2-20
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.2
Thailand

I found logs in different place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8ld8mqp9eu1wvv/crash-2017-02-20-14-56-43.zip?dl=0
Screenshot_20170220-161821.png
2017-2-20
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.2
Thailand

And It looks like a simple programming mistake... Not something overcomplicated. So hoping for an app update...
2017-2-20
Use props
Cyrille1
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Day In Nature Posted at 2017-2-20 01:56
And It looks like a simple programming mistake... Not something overcomplicated. So hoping for an app update...

yes, i hope a fix very soon
2017-2-20
Use props
MDSH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

I've said this in another thread: I'm having this crashing problem too. c app v4.0.2(172-gpPhone) running on Google Pixel XL.
I'm getting, on average, three crashes per flight.

Other issues with the DJI Go 4 app:

* if you attempt to start the app with the screen set to Landscape mode it will crash - 100% reliable

* so you've started the app in Portrait mode and you 'Go Fly' the app switches its display to landscape mode and its always upside-down, and takes a couple of seconds to appear the right way up. DJI knows where the data connector is on the Mavic controller and that all phones have the data connection at the bottom - it can't be that hard to get the orientation right.

As has been said above - its REALLY disconcerting to go blind mid flight. I wonder, would it be DJI's fault if you crashed the UAV because DJI's software crashed?

A zip of the logs from DJI/dji.go.4/LOG/CRASH are here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B77EcgGiZv-lNTQ2Wkl4LXNqUVk

Please get back to me if you have more questions.
2017-2-20
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

MDSH Posted at 2017-2-20 07:56
I've said this in another thread: I'm having this crashing problem too. c app v4.0.2(172-gpPhone) running on Google Pixel XL.

+1
have 100% the same issues, same phone. App keeps crashing. If i fly without fresh reboot of the phone it will go aircraft disconnected almost asap after take off. Please advice to downgrade for DJI Go 3. Very risky to fly outside any test areas.

It's not like a new problem.
Screenshot from 2017-02-20 17-44-14.png
2017-2-20
Use props
fans565183da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109150 ft
United Kingdom

Here's a link to my crash logs from the Android version of Go 4 - crashes quite a lot to be honest.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... ZjNwVTg?usp=sharing

DJI - please fix this crashing. It's 100% the application, as Litchi works perfectly with zero crashes
2017-2-20
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

App crashes for me just about every flight as well (google pixel)

Where do I find the 'LOG / CRASH' there appears to be nothing on the phone?

The only thing under /dji.go.v4/ is the DJI_RECORD folder

2017-2-20
Use props
fans565183da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109150 ft
United Kingdom

grozmo Posted at 2017-2-20 16:06
App crashes for me just about every flight as well (google pixel)

Where do I find the 'LOG / CRASH' there appears to be nothing on the phone?

I'm using a Pixel as well - There should be a folder called 'LOG' located at: /internal memory/DJI/DJI.GO.V4/LOG

In there will be the crash txt files. The more crash logs that DJI get to see the better
2017-2-20
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

i always wonder what will happen if you get a phone call when flying the mavic
2017-2-20
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

fans565183da Posted at 2017-2-20 17:22
I'm using a Pixel as well - There should be a folder called 'LOG' located at: /internal memory/DJI/DJI.GO.V4/LOG

In there will be the crash txt files. The more crash logs that DJI get to see the better

It's empty - there are no files or folders in there except the "RECORD" folder. (I've flown a number of times with this phone / app).
2017-2-20
Use props
MDSH
lvl.3
United Kingdom

grozmo Posted at 2017-2-20 17:59
It's empty - there are no files or folders in there except the "RECORD" folder. (I've flown a number of times with this phone / app).

/storage/emulated/0/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
Seen here (hopefully) using OI File Manager:

2017-2-20
Use props
crissiloop
New
Flight distance : 198488 ft
Germany

my crashlogs with the DJIGO4 Android App: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzWkwoiy1CwZYkJGaGZMWGhycGM
2017-2-21
Use props
IPA Brew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 538120 ft
United States

Same Problem    DJI Go 4 app    Samsung Note 5    No problems until just recently  ..   Here are my crash logs
DJI Mavic CRASH Log
2017-2-21
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Same problem, forced to upgrade to this pathetic app which crashes from day effing one!
GoCrap4 needs to be recalled and we should be given option to go back to stable GoCrap3.
What good is this mavic if all it does is crashing app making it worthless.
2017-2-21
Use props
SeanFoy
New
United States

im sick of this crap.  Here is my latest log.  It fails every single time on Pixel Xl.  DJI should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Canvas: trying to draw too large(256256064bytes) bitmap.
        at android.view.DisplayListCanvas.throwIfCannotDraw(DisplayListCanvas.java:260)
        at android.graphics.Canvas.drawBitmap(Canvas.java:1415)
        at android.graphics.drawable.BitmapDrawable.draw(BitmapDrawable.java:528)
        at android.graphics.drawable.LayerDrawable.draw(LayerDrawable.java:1012)
        at android.view.View.getDrawableRenderNode(View.java:17428)
        at android.view.View.drawBackground(View.java:17364)
        at android.view.View.draw(View.java:17176)
        at com.android.internal.policy.DecorView.draw(DecorView.java:753)
        at android.view.View.updateDisplayListIfDirty(View.java:16167)
        at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.updateViewTreeDisplayList(ThreadedRenderer.java:648)
        at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.updateRootDisplayList(ThreadedRenderer.java:654)
        at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.draw(ThreadedRenderer.java:762)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.draw(ViewRootImpl.java:2800)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performDraw(ViewRootImpl.java:2608)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:2215)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.doTraversal(ViewRootImpl.java:1254)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl$TraversalRunnable.run(ViewRootImpl.java:6337)
        at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:874)
        at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:686)
        at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:621)
        at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:860)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6119)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:886)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:776)
2017-2-21
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Received my Mavic Pro on 18 Feb. Installed DJI GO 4 in the store and updated firmware.    Test flight was perfect.   Took the Mavic Pro home to charge the batteries and controller.  Studied the manual and made some changes to the default settings.  Day one, first flight on 19 Feb at a local park.  One battery flight went okay.  Changed battery and app crashed.  My Samsung S7 Edge would not restart.  Forced reboot.  Day tow, second flight on 20 Feb.  Turned off controller and phone before switching battery.  Second Battery flight okay, but videos not saved on SD card; only phone.  Day three, third flight on 21 Feb. Three batteries and just before landing phone crashed.  Mavic hovering at 30 meters over parking lot.  WOuld not return to home as programmed.  Used controller to manually land.  Phone will not restart.  Splash screen loads and repeats.  Evening 21 Feb - Wiped phone and factory reset.  Installed DJI Go 4 and it will not open; fails to respond.  Uninstalled DJI Go 4 and restarted phone.  Installed DJI Go 4 and same error.  Does not respond at all!  Two crash reports submitted.  MOrnign 22 Feb deleted DJI Go 4 and installed DJI Go.  Seems stable for now.  

Android version of DJI GO 4 unstable/unusable with Samsung S7 Edge.   Makes flying the Mavic impossible!
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MDSH Posted at 2017-2-20 07:56

These are the DJI recommended devices.
Can you try one of them and see if the app crashes.
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

eyeg4et1956 Posted at 2017-2-21 17:29
Received my Mavic Pro on 18 Feb. Installed DJI GO 4 in the store and updated firmware.    Test flight was perfect.   Took the Mavic Pro home to charge the batteries and controller.  Studied the manual and made some changes to the default settings.  Day one, first flight on 19 Feb at a local park.  One battery flight went okay.  Changed battery and app crashed.  My Samsung S7 Edge would not restart.  Forced reboot.  Day tow, second flight on 20 Feb.  Turned off controller and phone before switching battery.  Second Battery flight okay, but videos not saved on SD card; only phone.  Day three, third flight on 21 Feb. Three batteries and just before landing phone crashed.  Mavic hovering at 30 meters over parking lot.  WOuld not return to home as programmed.  Used controller to manually land.  Phone will not restart.  Splash screen loads and repeats.  Evening 21 Feb - Wiped phone and factory reset.  Installed DJI Go 4 and it will not open; fails to respond.  Uninstalled DJI Go 4 and restarted phone.  Installed DJI Go 4 and same error.  Does not respond at all!  Two crash reports submitted.  MOrnign 22 Feb deleted DJI Go 4 and installed DJI Go.  Seems stable for now.  

Android version of DJI GO 4 unstable/unusable with Samsung S7 Edge.   Makes flying the Mavic impossible!

These are the recommended devices, can you try one of them and see if the app crashes.
The Mavic page lists the recommended devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-21 15:02
Same problem, forced to upgrade to this pathetic app which crashes from day effing one!
GoCrap4 needs to be recalled and we should be given option to go back to stable GoCrap3.
What good is this mavic if all it does is crashing app making it worthless.

Are you using one of the recommended devices listed on the Mavic webpage?

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-2-22
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

Try plugging iphone into bottom USB port instead... see if that helps?
2017-2-22
Use props
Drseussami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108002 ft
United States

My app crashes 20 times a day without me even using the app. Burning through battery and data too.
Here is my Dropbox link to crash reports

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbtqu ... YXfNKvNcOS_Ira?dl=0
2017-2-22
Use props
MDSH
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 13:16
These are the DJI recommended devices.
Can you try one of them and see if the app crashes.

Thanks for your reply, Ken. Have you passed the crash logs onto the developers, and if so can you give me any reference number for the report?
2017-2-22
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I switched to litchi.  DJI go app crashes now on every flight
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MDSH Posted at 2017-2-22 23:28
Thanks for your reply, Ken. Have you passed the crash logs onto the developers, and if so can you give me any reference number for the report?

DJI-Natalia is handling that.
Can you try one of the DJI recommended devices to see if you still get crashes.
2017-2-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 13:17
Are you using one of the recommended devices listed on the Mavic webpage?

Are you saying the GoApp3 with absolutely ZERO crashes was replaced by an app that does nothing but crash and is now my phones fault?M ybe the app permissions could be botched but i doubt it since it crashes in flight.
No i dont believe my phone is on your list, but many phones on your list crash with GoCrap4.

If my phone works perfect on GA3 and is worthless on GA4, is not a good outcome.

2017-2-23
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules