Carrying Case
1567 17 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rue1013
lvl.1

United States

Just wanted to share this idea I had for bringing my mavic along on journeys in the smallest case possible while still giving adequate protection. The Sanuk sandle used had been destroyed by our Dalmatian puppy so it gave what turned out be the perfect material to work with, and I already had this Pelican 1150 laying around for other uses.

I've taken some pretty good tumbles snowboarding with this setup in my backpack with no damage thus far (knock on wood).

IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
2017-2-19
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

I admire your frugalness.  But seriously, you paid $1000 or more for your drone and you slap a chewed up sandal bottom on the controller?  Shame!
2017-2-19
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-2-19 14:40
I admire your frugalness.  But seriously, you paid $1000 or more for your drone and you slap a chewed up sandal bottom on the controller?  Shame!

I agree. Get a GPC case. Protect that investment.  
image.jpg
image.jpg
2017-2-19
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

2017-2-19
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Spend the $$$ and do it right.
2017-2-19
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Love the PolarPro

2017-2-19
Use props
rue1013
lvl.1

United States

I actually have the pelican 1400 with the foam insert...that's great and all but who wants to carry that huge case in their backpack all day. And when I travel, that's a large enough case to where it's prob not going everywhere with me. I paid the xtra $100 for insurance so I could do things like this (or let me kids handle/fly it). Seems like you guys should stop being the frugal ones. Have fun with you suitcases boys....
2017-2-20
Use props
bantis
lvl.2

United States

I just ordered the GPC case for storage and traveling. I am using a soft case to put into my backpack for day trips and such. Any hard case is too large for a backpack.
2017-2-20
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

bantis Posted at 2017-2-20 11:37
I just ordered the GPC case for storage and traveling. I am using a soft case to put into my backpack for day trips and such. Any hard case is too large for a backpack.

That's exactly what I do. You will love the GPC case. It's awesome.  
2017-2-20
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

I actually got the GPC backpack: http://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-mavic-bp-ltd-1.html
Will post pictures when i actually have received it. Main reason i went for this one is that it has room for 4 extra batteries (5 if you leave one in the bird)
2017-2-20
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

Not everything is bad what looks weird - I have a hard case as well but to be honest I normally use it just for local trips by car. But if I'm travelling and have all my photo gear with me I can't carry this on top to my backpack. But in my backpack fit the Mavic with 4 batteries, a full frame DSLR, some lenses and and and - ok, not usable for everybody because it's really heavy but all on my back and that works for some hours.

I'm still searching for one "semi" hard cases, juts for the Mavic (similar to the ones you get for the headphones), just the size of the Mavic that it's a little bit more protected in the backpack - anybody knows something like this?
2017-2-21
Use props
Phroco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354 ft
United Kingdom

I just got one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as I wanted a hard case but I don't want to be carting all the chargers round with me etc. It's small enough to fit in a backpack and just has space for the essentials. It's still pretty solid though, in fact they could make it a little less 'sturdy' and I think it would still be fine.
2017-2-21
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Phroco Posted at 2017-2-21 05:09
I just got one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MYSOJN4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as I wanted a hard case but I don't want to be carting all the chargers round with me etc. It's small enough to fit in a backpack and just has space for the essentials. It's still pretty solid though, in fact they could make it a little less 'sturdy' and I think it would still be fine.

Looks not bad, I found this one:

LINK

I guess I give it a try  :-)

2017-2-21
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

I've bought the same. Although from Aliexpress.. Still no idea where in the world they are though...
2017-2-21
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1613953 ft
Australia

Just today got the new hardshells delivered from F/Stop Labs. They're a lot harder and touher than they look, I could drop it from three metres onto concrete with no worries. It is however a very snug fit, my mavic only just fits with the cut down gimbal hood attached, it wouldn't fit at all with the original (clear) gimbal cover, I also remove the top props to prevent stress/knocks to the motors (they fit down either side).

mavic-pro-hardshell-by-fstop-labs.jpg
mavic-pro-hardshell-by-fstop-labs-front.jpg
mavic-rc-hardshell.jpg
2017-2-22
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

this one has been working great for me. When I need added protection (flights), it easily fits inside of my basic backpack.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVA-Inte ... rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26
2017-2-22
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Fistworthy Posted at 2017-2-22 03:04
Just today got the new hardshells delivered from F/Stop Labs. They're a lot harder and touher than they look, I could drop it from three metres onto concrete with no worries. It is however a very snug fit, my mavic only just fits with the cut down gimbal hood attached, it wouldn't fit at all with the original (clear) gimbal cover, I also remove the top props to prevent stress/knocks to the motors (they fit down either side).

Cut down?! Could you please show me - I ordered exactly the same, just an additional protection to carry it in my "normal" photo backpack
Thanks
2017-2-22
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1613953 ft
Australia

D_jan_i Posted at 2017-2-22 11:02
Cut down?! Could you please show me - I ordered exactly the same, just an additional protection to carry it in my "normal" photo backpack
Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

This is the gimbal hood/cover I'm talking about.

http://www.lightake.com/p/Sun-Sh ... 60.html?sku=2162542
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules