Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stick EMI 1
12012 31 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HWG110
New
Netherlands

Hi all,

I have a problem with the controller. When it links with the mavic it gives me a : stick EMI 1 .
I have updated the de firmware and calibrated the imu and compass. The stick calibration has also been done in an open field.
I use my iphone 7 but it will still give a stick EMI 1 without a phone in the holder.
Any ideas??

2017-2-20
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Don't know what EMI is in the Mavic vocabulary, but it more commonly stands for Electromagnetic Interference.  Have you tried flying in another location?  I see you were in an open field and removed your phone, which may address an interference issue.  Any other electronics operating nearby?
2017-2-20
Use props
Grovenstien
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I am having the same problem.  Controller permanently displaying 'Stick EMI 1'  I have had the MAVIC for 5 days and this started happening 2 days ago.  

I have re-calibrated the imu and the compass, I have also re-calibrated the controller multiple times.

The symptoms are as follows:
Power on the controller - Controller says 'CONNECTING _ _ _'  IPhone 5 or other metal objects no where nearby
Power on the mavic (folded) - Controller says 'MAGNETIC INTERF CHECK APP'
Unfold front arms - Controller says 'STICK EMI 1'
Plug in phone launch app and the app says 'Electromagnetic Interference at sticks.  The remote controller may fail to provide control.  Fly to a place with less interferance'

The mavic seems to fly fine and the stick inputs are precise.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks,
2017-2-20
Use props
HWG110
New
Spain

I tried at different locations but still stick emi 1. No other electronics where nearby.  I think it has something to do with the hall sensors of the controller.
2017-2-20
Use props
Egika
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379593 ft

Hong Kong

Yes, it does:
2017-2-20
Use props
HWG110
New
Netherlands

Anyone from dji with an idea?
I dont wanna fly with this problem
2017-2-21
Use props
Grovenstien
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes I'm still having the same error message.  I would be happy to go through this with a DJI support technician... It's a bit unnerving taking off with error messages!!
2017-2-21
Use props
Grovenstien
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So I've chatted with DJI support and was led through a list of things to try but nothing has yet cleared the error.  

DJI suggested that I refreshed the firmware using the assistant app and re connected the controller to the mavic.  I've done both these things and recalibrated the sticks but nothing works!  The aircraft flies absolutely fine with no issues.  I am a bit frustrated as I can't see why the aircraft was working fine one minute then faulty the next.  

If anyone has experienced this and has a fix then let me know...
2017-2-26
Use props
rbhamilton59
lvl.1
United States

I just did an RC update and now I'm getting Stick EMI 1.  I did a recalibration - nothing.  It happens inside and out.  With or without the cell phone connected.  I even put the RC out in the middle of the lawn and walked 10 feet away from it - same thing.  Stick EMI 1.  What the heck DJI?  
2017-2-26
Use props
RRyan
New

United States

I have the same problem, I just got my mavic and i updated all the firmware on feb 7 /17.  I got 2 good flights out of it near my house in the city and 2 good flights at my lake lot away from any sort of interference. Then at the lake lot the next day "Stick EMI 1" showed up on the rc and no matter where i take the mavic (the lot, the house, work a wide open park) it will not clear. I have completed all the calibrations, downgraded then re upgraded the firmware. Nothing I do will clear this fault.  This is really frustrating with a brand new product out of the box. It still controls and functions completely normal, just has this error message all the time. DJI can you please help?
2017-3-1
Use props
Chechikov
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi Guys,
I have the same problem. Let's post here any news regarding this problem. I don't want fly again with this error. Last flight was a little awkward, so i will take a break...
2017-3-5
Use props
Kaussy
lvl.1

Canada

RRyan Posted at 2017-3-1 09:17
I have the same problem, I just got my mavic and i updated all the firmware on feb 7 /17.  I got 2 good flights out of it near my house in the city and 2 good flights at my lake lot away from any sort of interference. Then at the lake lot the next day "Stick EMI 1" showed up on the rc and no matter where i take the mavic (the lot, the house, work a wide open park) it will not clear. I have completed all the calibrations, downgraded then re upgraded the firmware. Nothing I do will clear this fault.  This is really frustrating with a brand new product out of the box. It still controls and functions completely normal, just has this error message all the time. DJI can you please help?

I'm having the exact same problem.
2017-3-6
Use props
Kaussy
lvl.1

Canada

I've contacted dji support and they've said it may need replacing. I've tried all the above fixes with no resolution.  
2017-3-6
Use props
Kaussy
lvl.1

Canada

So update  I brought the fly more kit and drone back to where I bought it and they gave me a new one, no questions asked..
2017-3-6
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Kaussy Posted at 2017-3-6 13:17
So update  I brought the fly more kit and drone back to where I bought it and they gave me a new one, no questions asked..

I had the same problem, I figured out it was my phone that was causing the problem. Try putting your phone into airplane mode and see if the error goes away.
2017-3-6
Use props
Kaussy
lvl.1

Canada

HellFire77 Posted at 2017-3-6 16:31
I had the same problem, I figured out it was my phone that was causing the problem. Try putting your phone into airplane mode and see if the error goes away.

Nah wasn't my phone.  I would do it even when not connected to the phone.  If I held it horizontal it was ok. The moment I tilted it towards me like on a 45 degree angel it would display the EMI message.  When I would put it level horizontal it would go away.  Think it was a faulty remote.  
Anyhow I've exchanged the whole kit and problem solved.
2017-3-6
Use props
Grovenstien
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well I have just updated to the latest firmware and the controller still says 'stick emi 1'.  What is DJIs stand on this?  Does anyone have a fix?....
2017-3-10
Use props
fans11bf51fd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm getting exactly the same issue with a brand new mavic.
2017-3-10
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

try to pass a strong magnet circle around stick's maybe will help in resetting the error...also be sure to not be close with the remote of anything metallic or magnetic....
2017-3-10
Use props
fans11bf51fd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Daivatam - bravo! After pulling my hair out over this, degaussing the sticks with a little magnet worked immediately. I just brushed it around the base of the sticks and all around the sides and back of the controller while everything was powered down, then powered on and the error is gone. Thanks.
2017-3-10
Use props
Grovenstien
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok I can also confirm that a small 6 x 15 x 3mm rare earth magnet rubbed around the sticks and the back of the controller has cleared the error!  

Amaizing work, thank you Daivatam!  

This should be the fix that DJI endorse!
2017-3-11
Use props
Grovenstien
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I can confirm that rubbing a small rare earth magnet around the sticks and back of the controller has fixed the problem and cleared the Stick emi 1 error code!  Amaizing thanks!!!
2017-3-11
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

I am glad to hear that helped. Cheers and tons of joy flying your's drones.
2017-3-11
Use props
fans8a6c89b6
New

Switzerland

I confirm a magnet to solve the error "stick emi 1"
I am very happy thank you

En français:
Je confirme un aimant à résolu l'erreur "stick emi 1"
2017-3-17
Use props
Texas2Wheeler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204459 ft
United States

My Mavic (EagleOne)  arrived late Friday 3/17 night.  Firmware updates applied batteries charged and in the air Saturday morning.   After about a dozen flights Saturday - on the first flight Sunday the same thing happened to me "Stick emi 1".   I am not sure but feel it started because I had failed to unfold the antennas on the controller before starting it up.  Radio waves are Electromagnetic and the proximity of the antenna to the controller (when folded) could be to blame.    The passing of a magnet around the controller sticks, antenna backside etc has warded off the evil spirits and the controller is happy once again.  I hope it stays that way.   Thank you to those that suggested /posted the solution and to those that tried it before me!
2017-3-19
Use props
SUN_Spot
New
United States

I was having the STICK EMI 1 problem for a few days. After reading this post, I degaussed the antennas to no avail. I then realized that my phone case has a large magnet on the back to secure it in my car. Removing the phone from the case eliminated the warning. Playing around with pieces of metal and another magnet, I found a configuration that allows me to keep it in the case and prevents the warning. Summary: magnetic fields affect this warning and can be adjusted with other magnets.
2017-4-16
Use props
rob.robford
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119797 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem but fixed it with the Magic Magnet Trick. What a GREAT community this is, I would never have thought of this fix.

Many thanks.......Rob
2017-6-12
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.3
United States

daivatam Posted at 2017-3-11 16:00
I am glad to hear that helped. Cheers and tons of joy flying your's drones.

You are the man , mine is fixed now!!! who would had ever though about this
??
2018-1-20
Use props
Hexacopter
Second Officer

Australia

I had the same problem with a student pilot (real estate agent) and it took a bit of persuasion to get her to dump her i-thingy yuppie watch full of magnets.
Poor thing was covered in tattoo's and bits of metal, how sad is that? How do airport metal detectors handle the bling generation?

* Danny M *   
2018-1-20
Use props
fanse0f8447e
Flight distance : 74393 ft
  • >>>
United States

HWG110 Posted at 2017-2-20 16:23
I tried at different locations but still stick emi 1. No other electronics where nearby.  I think it has something to do with the hall sensors of the controller.

I just got same msg. Seems to have only starting after update today
2018-2-9
Use props
Boxer4K
lvl.1
United States

Had the same error Stick EMI 1 - It was my smartwatch (Samsung Gear S3) that was causing the problem. My watch was also causing problems with my Mavic PP to drift to the right when pushing straight, forward on the right stick. I had no idea that the control inputs on the controller would be sensitive to EMI (Bluetooth, Wifi).
2018-4-5
Use props
Steve Ogden
New

United States

Grovenstien Posted at 2017-2-20 13:14
Hi I am having the same problem.  Controller permanently displaying 'Stick EMI 1'  I have had the MAVIC for 5 days and this started happening 2 days ago.  

I have re-calibrated the imu and the compass, I have also re-calibrated the controller multiple times.

Same problem here. Every location. Middle of the forest. Tried different devices, updated firmware and software 5 times at least. Tried airplane mode on devices, etc.  checked the actual interference stats in the DKI app and they are all within range. Out of warranty and Very frustrated. Any tips welcome.
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules