Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Right side soft focus test
808 11 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jcox3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 494806 ft
United States

Is there a way to see if I'm having an issue with soft focus on the right side of the image?

The weather is finally cooperating and I have been doing some flying around my neighborhood, I'm noticing that a lot of the video is out of focus on the right. I have ben making sure to tap the screen to focus as I fly from time to time. Some times it appears to be worse than others.

Here is quick sample video, any input or tests try would be appreciated.

Thanks

2017-2-20
Use props
noverion
New
Germany

#Quick Reply Here#This same issue here. Sometimes got it on the left side. Im on IMU calibration right now meaby it helps if not I send it back
2017-2-20
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

This is a common problem with a the Mavic. In my case, my left side is always out of focus. Send it in for replacement and hope you get a better unit back.
2017-2-20
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem on mine and ended up sending it back. Do some test footage and upload it to Dropbox and refresh the firmware on dji assist and if that doesn't help email them telling them what you have done and it will save time. I sent mine back and I've been without my mavic since the 8th Feb and I still don't know when I'm gonna get it back. Good luck
2017-2-20
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Take some footage from a brick wall, do not forget to focus.
You should be able to see clearly
2017-2-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

More information on this problem here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html

No software change or refresh will fix this. It's a hardware problem with the camera optics / sensor. Needs to be sent in for replacement.
2017-2-20
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

geofox784 Posted at 2017-2-20 12:13
More information on this problem here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html

No software change or refresh will fix this. It's a hardware problem with the camera optics / sensor. Needs to be sent in for replacement.

I totally agree with you, this is not software related, unfortunately.
2017-2-20
Use props
Patrick G
lvl.2
France

I put my own reply here, if it helps : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=626413
2017-2-20
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.3
United States

I was hoping it wouldn't be an RMA, support asked for IMU calibration and some jpeg's. This will be the 2nd time it's gone in for service non crash related.
2017-2-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Jcox3 Posted at 2017-2-20 14:21
I was hoping it wouldn't be an RMA, support asked for IMU calibration and some jpeg's. This will be the 2nd time it's gone in for service non crash related.

It's a physical camera optics problem. No way software can fix it.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

If you always have the same issue when flying in a suitable environment and all are up to date, then please feel free to contact our tech support, we'll take care of your case.
2017-2-21
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-21 03:37
If you always have the same issue when flying in a suitable environment and all are up to date, then please feel free to contact our tech support, we'll take care of your case.

Thank you, I have opened a case and in the process of getting the RMA ready
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules