Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
60 Mbit/s for 2720x1530
1562 4 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptainFantasti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48868 ft
Switzerland

Since the codec is struggling a lot in 4k at 60 Mbit/s. Couldn't we get 60 Mbit/s for 2720x1530?I don't see the reason to cap it at 40 Mbit/s since you can get a 32gb micro sd card for 20 bucks.
2720x1530 looks pretty good on my 4k monitor so i'd really like  better encoding in this mode.
Please comment if you would like this too.

2017-2-20
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Previous Phantom series had no issues with encoding 4k at 60Mbits.. We should not have to ask for a lower bit rate on a newer and supposedly more powerful unit as a solution to this problem... e.g My Phantom 3 encodes 4k at 60Mbps and its EXCELLENT quality, 100 times better than the Mavic., The phantom has none of this water affect video issue that is plaguing the Mavic due to codec encoding/compression issues.
If DJI wasnt a such sh*ty company that had no respect for its customer and if they stood behind their products, they would do the right thing, come clean and fix this problem...

2017-2-20
Use props
CaptainFantasti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48868 ft
Switzerland

I wasn't talking about the noise reduction issues the mavic has at sharpness settig 0 and below but about the fact that it cuts the bitrate in lower resolutions when the extra bitrate could be very well used.
Only argument would be to have longer record time but that's not valid imho with that cheap sd cards.
2017-2-20
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-20 10:38
Previous Phantom series had no issues with encoding 4k at 60Mbits.. We should not have to ask for a lower bit rate on a newer and supposedly more powerful unit as a solution to this problem... e.g My Phantom 3 encodes 4k at 60Mbps and its EXCELLENT quality, 100 times better than the Mavic., The phantom has none of this water affect video issue that is plaguing the Mavic due to codec encoding/compression issues.
If DJI wasnt a such sh*ty company that had no respect for its customer and if they stood behind their products, they would do the right thing, come clean and fix this problem...

it probably has a bigger processing chip and onboard memory to handle it... being that the Mavic is so compact you have to sacrifice a few things until better chips are made, which requires more R&D time
2017-2-20
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

devGOD Posted at 2017-2-20 11:38
it probably has a bigger processing chip and onboard memory to handle it... being that the Mavic is so compact you have to sacrifice a few things until better chips are made, which requires more R&D time

Sure i understand. But i've seen tear downs of Phantom 3 and the Mavic. From the looks of it the board in the phantom looks to be smaller than the mavic so im not convinced space was an issue in choosing cpu.. DJI did tout 24 computing cores in the mavic. Now what those cores are used for, i dont know. But i doubt that the phantom series had better CPU processing spec than the Mavic.
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules