Post-repair testing
1302 9 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roll Tide
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610502 ft
United States

My Phantom 3S is being repaired by DJI as we speak, so to speak.  And the case was covered by warranty!  My question is whether the whole drone is tested after the repairs, or just the parts that were replaced?  For example, will propellers be put on the motors.  I ask this because one of the motor shafts was scuffed from the flip-over to the point that a propeller would not seat all the way down.  But I did not see any mention of this in the pro forma invoice.  And just wondered...

Thanks for any feedback.  I could call or chat with them, but that takes a pretty good while.  So I am hoping for to find the answer here.  
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

They will need to hover the drone after repair, so they will discover the issue with the propeller.
2017-2-20
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-20 18:51
They will need to hover the drone after repair, so they will discover the issue with the propeller.

Thank you so much.  That was just the answer I was hoping for.  I have not gotten the drone back yet, but so far I am very pleased with DJI service.
2017-2-21
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.2
United States

Roll Tide Posted at 2017-2-21 09:33
Thank you so much.  That was just the answer I was hoping for.  I have not gotten the drone back yet, but so far I am very pleased with DJI service.

Good news.  This morning I received an email from DJI that my Phantom had shipped via UPS.  THis is wonderful.  The drone only got there for repair last Wednesday.  

I have a tracking number, but it is not in UPS's system yet.  Could I have been sent the wrong UPS number?  

Hopefully soon it will be here.
I'll keep everyone updated for this "under warranty" repair.   As I said, so far I have nothing but praise for DJI service.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Roll Tide Posted at 2017-2-22 17:11
Good news.  This morning I received an email from DJI that my Phantom had shipped via UPS.  THis is wonderful.  The drone only got there for repair last Wednesday.  

I have a tracking number, but it is not in UPS's system yet.  Could I have been sent the wrong UPS number?  

It might takes some time to update the information.
I have checked the tracking number from UPS and it's in shipping.
Please double check it and let me know if you can check the shipping information as well.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Roll Tide Posted at 2017-2-22 17:11

Please double check it and let me know if you can check the shipping information as well.
2017-2-22
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-22 20:03

I appreciate your help.  You were right.  UPS says it will be here Tuesday!   This has been a very good experience.  
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Roll Tide Posted at 2017-2-24 18:55
I appreciate your help.  You were right.  UPS says it will be here Tuesday!   This has been a very good experience.

Thank you for supporting DJI.  :-)
Hope you enjoy your flight with DJI product.
2017-2-26
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-26 18:22
Thank you for supporting DJI.  :-)
Hope you enjoy your flight with DJI product.

Yesterday I posed a 5 star review of the P3S on Amazon.  Here is the link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/custom ... mp;ASIN=B013U0F6EQ.

Oh, please send me a Phantom 3 SE.  I know it is not for sale here yet, but you could give me one.  I'll review it vis a vis my Phantom 3S, and publish the reviews everywhere.  What do you think?

Thanks again.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Roll Tide Posted at 2017-3-2 07:40
Yesterday I posed a 5 star review of the P3S on Amazon.  Here is the link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RYE2Z2EJFIT8E/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B013U0F6EQ.

Oh, please send me a Phantom 3 SE.  I know it is not for sale here yet, but you could give me one.  I'll review it vis a vis my Phantom 3S, and publish the reviews everywhere.  What do you think?

Sorry I'm not able to do that.  You may try to contact our marketing department at marketing@dji.com.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules