Gimbal vibrations on P4P - Right out of the box
1470 10 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drut43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49783 ft
United States

Hello flyers, did anyone else's Phantom 4 Pro have this issue? The vibrations are coming from the top of the gimbal arm, causing the footage to be jello like and unusable. I have upgraded, downgraded and refreshed the firmware. I have also re-calibrated the IMU and gimbal properly with no positive results. I called the customer service line and they told me to file a repair claim and send it in. It should be in DJI's hands tomorrow. This is for a manufacturing error...and not a calibration or consumer error. I am hoping they replace the entire unit instead of charging for a repair. That won't be acceptable...

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Vibrations can be heard in this video. (ignore signal hum)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7up026qqyihxo9/phantom4pro%20gimbal%20vibrations.MOV?dl=0

Thanks,

2017-2-20
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, software or calibrations wont fix it, it has been a problem with them for a while, does it also make the vibrating noise when you tilt the drone to the left and then to the right?
I think it's the 4 rubber holders that hold the gimbal to the main body, they seem a bit soft and have a little too much movement. Just my opinion.
Since yours is brand new out of the box I would be sending it back for repairs or replacement.
2017-2-20
Use props
drut43
lvl.1
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-20 15:43
Hi, software or calibrations wont fix it, it has been a problem with them for a while, does it also make the vibrating noise when you tilt the drone to the left and then to the right?
I think it's the 4 rubber holders that hold the gimbal to the main body, they seem a bit soft and have a little too much movement. Just my opinion.
Since yours is brand new out of the box I would be sending it back for repairs or replacement.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it seemed to be a dampening issue from the main arm and the body. I would agree with that 100%.

Also, yes the vibrations and noise gets worse when tilted left/right/forward/backward.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear the issue, we'll take care of your case when it arrives at our repair center.
2017-2-20
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

well that's strange, i suggest exchanging for a new one...
2017-2-23
Use props
drut43
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-20 17:56
Sorry to hear the issue, we'll take care of your case when it arrives at our repair center.

Natalia, My P4P arrived at your California warehouse on Tuesday of last week and I still haven't heard anything from DJI. I called today and they said it was unusual for it to take this long. How can we speed up this process?

Thank you,
2017-2-27
Use props
drut43
lvl.1
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

drut43 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:10
Natalia, My P4P arrived at your California warehouse on Tuesday of last week and I still haven't heard anything from DJI. I called today and they said it was unusual for it to take this long. How can we speed up this process?

Thank you,

Please provide me the case number, we'll escalate it and help you receive an update.
2017-2-28
Use props
fansd059f24e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190942 ft
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-20 17:56

Hi Natalia.
I have the same problem that many users in the gimbal of Phanto 4 pro, in certain angles it suffers a lot of vibration damaging even the image, which is blurred and with waves. What would be the procedure for repair? I'm in Brazil.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansd059f24e Posted at 2017-3-5 09:00
Hi Natalia.
I have the same problem that many users in the gimbal of Phanto 4 pro, in certain angles it suffers a lot of vibration damaging even the image, which is blurred and with waves. What would be the procedure for repair? I'm in Brazil.

May I know where you purchased the drone? Please contact your dealer firstly to see whether they can help you handle it.
Also here is the link for your reference: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-3-5
Use props
Jef.Fpv
lvl.1
United States

I have the exact same problem with my new P4P right out of the box.  It's a real shame that a quality product like a DJI Phantom has these kind of problems.
See mine twitching when sitting with motors off prior to taking off:
https://youtu.be/kRS6qXKcSCA

Anyone find a solid solution to this short of sending it back to DJI?
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules