Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic won't focus
12Next >
13198 56 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sikada
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37500 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am having a problem with my mavic, it won't focus at all.  I updated to the new firmware 2 days ago.  Now the mavic won't focus at all.  I have tried to downgrade and the reinstall.  Same problem.  I have reset to factory settings still blurry.  It seems to loblocked on focussing within 5 cm of the lens.  Any other suggestions
2017-2-20
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Sounds like an issue I encountered a couple of months ago. The fix for me was to reset the camera settings.
2017-2-20
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-20 23:07
Sounds like an issue I encountered a couple of months ago. The fix for me was to reset the camera settings.

I did that as well, I am now thinking it may be an App problem as it a new warning came upswing check App.  So I just uninstalled the App and reinstalled it..Will see what happens next
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

If it persists after upgrading the firmware, please upload several original pictures to dropbox and post the link here, we'll get that evaluated by engineers, thanks.
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

for some reason I can't upload the photo here, but I have uploaded the photo in my original post under the service topic
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI_0004a.jpg

Here we go it worked, (I'm a newbie).
As you can see it looks like vaseline all over the lens, but no it just won't focus at all.  Very strange

2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

sikada Posted at 2017-2-20 23:30
I did that as well, I am now thinking it may be an App problem as it a new warning came upswing check App.  So I just uninstalled the App and reinstalled it..Will see what happens next

It wasn't the App, have tried different devices and connected using wifi. Still won't focus
2017-2-21
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

try step down the firmware?
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

daivatam Posted at 2017-2-21 16:02
try step down the firmware?

Have tried that as well, still won't focus
2017-2-21
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-20 23:07

is there a reset feature for this. How do you do this ?
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-2-21 16:22

Interesting....I didn't know you could reset the camera.  How do you do that?
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

ok I am still waiting for aftersale service to get back to me (almost 2 days since initial contact).  How long does this process take its been almost a couple of days of backwards and forwards of them telling me to reload firmware firmly ( id on't know what that actually means but ok) clean the lens (really), take off 3rd party attachments (don't own any) calibrate IMU reset gimbal.........
STILL DOESN"T FOCUS!!!!!  How do you get them to believe I must send in my Mavic for repair.  I can't fix it at home......
2017-2-21
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Philippines

sikada Posted at 2017-2-21 19:23
Interesting....I didn't know you could reset the camera.  How do you do that?

Go into the camera settings (where you adjust exposure, color proflies, etc) and click on the gear icon. You should then see an option near the bottom to reset the camera settings.
2017-2-21
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Philippines

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-2-21 16:22

See my latest reply to sikada ^
2017-2-21
Use props
SummitXRon
New

United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-21 14:59
[view_image]

Here we go it worked, (I'm a newbie).

It looks focused on the take off platform (burgundy)  My video is focused at pre-takeoff on deck, but once up its blurry in flight.
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-21 20:09
Go into the camera settings (where you adjust exposure, color proflies, etc) and click on the gear icon. You should then see an option near the bottom to reset the camera settings.

Thank you I didn't see that earlier when I formatted the SD card.  I got excited and thought this will fix. BUT NO!! Poor Mavic.  
2017-2-21
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Philippines

sikada Posted at 2017-2-21 21:03
Thank you I didn't see that earlier when I formatted the SD card.  I got excited and thought this will fix. BUT NO!! Poor Mavic.

That's a shame. I know how you're feeling, as I was frustrated with my focusing issue for a few days before I managed to fix it. I was dreading the thought of having to send it back to DJI, especially since I was on holiday at the time.

One other thing you could try... I remember a thread a few weeks back where the poster said that he had focusing issues, and that an IMU calibration miraculously fixed it. It seemed strange that the IMU could affect the camera's focus, and I theorized that perhaps it was just a coincidence that it fixed it. But since you've tried everything else, I guess it's worth a shot.
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-21 21:35
That's a shame. I know how you're feeling, as I was frustrated with my focusing issue for a few days before I managed to fix it. I was dreading the thought of having to send it back to DJI, especially since I was on holiday at the time.

One other thing you could try... I remember a thread a few weeks back where the poster said that he had focusing issues, and that an IMU calibration miraculously fixed it. It seemed strange that the IMU could affect the camera's focus, and I theorized that perhaps it was just a coincidence that it fixed it. But since you've tried everything else, I guess it's worth a shot.

I also read this and have tried this as well.  It is really frustrating, and more frustrating that aftersales service are being very slow about creating a case so I can send my Mavic in for repair.
The last thing I want to do is send it for repair as I have read in the posts that you don't get your Mavic back and that they most likely send a refurbished/new one.  My mavic hasn't had a crash yet (thank goodness), its just the camera that has a problem. But there is no other option.
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-21 02:47
If it persists after upgrading the firmware, please upload several original pictures to dropbox and post the link here, we'll get that evaluated by engineers, thanks.

Sorry Natalia, here is one link.
There are more
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w5csr5lmnbjjp8/DJI_0001.JPG?dl=0 come.
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry Natalia, here is one link.
Photo 1
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Photo 2
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Photo 3[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nqzs401hmwc7n9/DJI_0006.JPG?dl=0]Photo 4[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/ity84vrpb39jipr/DJI_0007.JPG?dl=0]Photo 5[/url][/url]
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-22 13:53
Photo 3Photo 4Photo 5[/url][/url]

Your photos looks like whatever is very close to the camera is in focus, and at a distance is not.
What happens when you twp to focus?Did restoring to factory settings through the Assistant2 make any difference?
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 14:17
Your photos looks like whatever is very close to the camera is in focus, and at a distance is not.
What happens when you twp to focus?Did restoring to factory settings through the Assistant2 make any difference?

no unfortunately it didn't, I don't know what else to try
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 14:17

If I tap to focus the green box flashes as if trying to focus but the lens does nothing.  It seems like the app is working ok but the app and lens aren't connecting.  The gimbal works fine from what I can tell.  Just camera is unresponsive. But I can take photos and videos obviously
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-22 15:35
If I tap to focus the green box flashes as if trying to focus but the lens does nothing.  It seems like the app is working ok but the app and lens aren't connecting.  The gimbal works fine from what I can tell.  Just camera is unresponsive. But I can take photos and videos obviously

If you've already done a factory restore, calibrations, GO4 app delete/reinstall and still having issues then I think you need to send it in fro repair.
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 15:42
If you've already done a factory restore, calibrations, GO4 app delete/reinstall and still having issues then I think you need to send it in fro repair.

I put in a service request(Monday) but service keeps telling to do what I have already done.  Now I haven't heard from them since Tuesday.  Is that normal
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

sikada Posted at 2017-2-22 15:46
I put in a service request(Monday) but service keeps telling to do what I have already done.  Now I haven't heard from them since Tuesday.  Is that normal

REQUEST #436817 [AUSTRALIA][AUSTRALIA][MAVIC]CAMERA WON'T FOCUS

This is the title of my service request, I'm not sure if that can help and speed things along
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-22 15:46

I'm sorry, no it is not.
OK, I've passed your ticket along. Someone should get to you within the day or so.Do you have any other information, like a case# ?
2017-2-23
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-23 07:11
I'm sorry, no it is not.
OK, I've passed your ticket along. Someone should get to you within the day or so.Do you have any other information, like a case# ?

DJI-Ken, now have CAS# which I PM you with.  Lets hope this is fixed quickly and I am flying again soon.  My husband and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary  and we are going on a little holiday leaving on the 8th March, so I really hope it is back by then.  Fingers-crossed.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-23 13:09
DJI-Ken, now have CAS# which I PM you with.  Lets hope this is fixed quickly and I am flying again soon.  My husband and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary  and we are going on a little holiday leaving on the 8th March, so I really hope it is back by then.  Fingers-crossed.

I've added your case# but I do not know if you would receive it back by the 8th.
I do not know the workload in Australia nor their inventory.
I the US, the day a package arrives it can take a few days just for it to get checked in and to the correct department as there are many deliveries everyday.
So I honestly do not know if you would receive a Mavic by the 8th.
2017-2-23
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-23 14:04
I've added your case# but I do not know if you would receive it back by the 8th.
I the US, the day a package arrives it can take a few days just for it to get checked in and to the correct department as there are many deliveries everyday.

All good, I can't change anything, will see what happens. (Hoping for a miracle )
Thanks for all your help though, I really appreciated it.
2017-2-23
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-23 14:04

Nice. See this is a how post should be answered by DJI. Just give us the truth even if its not what we would to hear. Thats all that most of us are looking for. But when we are given the run around and questions are not clearly answered and stories are made up, that is frustrating.

Thanks DJI KEN...Thanks for being upfront with that person.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-23 15:55
All good, I can't change anything, will see what happens. (Hoping for a miracle  )
Thanks for all your help though, I really appreciated it.

I do hope you receive it by then.
2017-2-24
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-24 07:23

same
2017-2-24
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-23 16:59
Nice. See this is a how post should be answered by DJI. Just give us the truth even if its not what we would to hear. Thats all that most of us are looking for. But when we are given the run around and questions are not clearly answered and stories are made up, that is frustrating.

Thanks DJI KEN...Thanks for being upfront with that person.

Thank goodness, DJI overall have been pretty good.  I was initially frustrated and annoyed, but hen I  found out the person I was talking to had a day off that is why I hadn't heard from them on line for so long.
DJI-Ken has been great in following up.with my issue and keeping me informed

(But the on line chat is rather pathetic and not that helpful at all.  The on line tutorials and you tube videos are more useful)
2017-2-24
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-24 07:23

Hi DJI-Ken, just a quick question how long does it take for my case number to come up in my information on DJI.com.  
TNT have notified my to say that they have delivered the Mavic  to DJI in Burwood (Melbourne) but I can't see that DJI have received the Mavic or that I have put in a case. (CAS-466962-P6F2)  on my profile.
Sorry I'm like a little bug that won't go away, but I don't know where else to ask, as online chat is a bit ordinary and you seem very helpful
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sikada Posted at 2017-2-26 23:20
Hi DJI-Ken, just a quick question how long does it take for my case number to come up in my information on DJI.com.  
TNT have notified my to say that they have delivered the Mavic  to DJI in Burwood (Melbourne) but I can't see that DJI have received the Mavic or that I have put in a case. (CAS-466962-P6F2)  on my profile.
Sorry I'm like a little bug that won't go away, but I don't know where else to ask, as online chat is a bit ordinary and you seem very helpful

It can take a few days for packages to move through logistics and to the correct department and the case# updated.
2017-2-27
Use props
Nole4life80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298737 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. Center focus using she button on the back and tap to focus aren't working in less than bright light and there is that weird slide to focus bar on the screen which you can't dial in quite right..... everything was fine up until the update....
2017-2-27
Use props
sikada
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Nole4life80 Posted at 2017-2-27 08:27
I'm having the same issue. Center focus using she button on the back and tap to focus aren't working in less than bright light and there is that weird slide to focus bar on the screen which you can't dial in quite right..... everything was fine up until the update....

Oh no, that is very frustrating
2017-2-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules