2245 11 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When i export a CinemaDNG Sequence from CineLight, all the Files are corrupted and i can not open them with PS,After Effects etc.
This only happens when i have used the Panasonic 42.5mm Lens.

I did some research on this Problem, and it seems that the X5R doesnt generate a valid OpCode in the EXIF of the File, which leads to corruption.
Even if the Lens is not directly supported by DJI, that should not happen.

Link to one of the corrupted Files: https://we.tl/hNjJbAOq40

DJI, could you please fix that?

Update:

The ProRes Files exported via Cinelight are also broken. Lots of Artefacts in it. H.264 from SD-Card is fine.

2017-2-21
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You really don't need to use CineLight to transcoding to ProRes. For one it takes to long, and two, it's not a particularly polished program, still in beta.

Easiest way is just use CineLight to export the DNG stacks locally so you have all the DNG's in separate folders per clip, don't apply any correction at all. Download Devinci Resolve and transcode through that. It takes a tenth of the time and you won't have these artefacts. There's a few X5R/Resolve tutorials on youtube which will explain the workflow, and it's pretty easy to be fair once you've gone through it a couple of times.
Plus, it give you waaaaaay more flexibility when transcoding, apply different log etc.
2017-2-21
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2017-2-21 09:01
You really don't need to use CineLight to transcoding to ProRes. For one it takes to long, and two, it's not a particularly polished program, still in beta.

Easiest way is just use CineLight to export the DNG stacks locally so you have all the DNG's in separate folders per clip, don't apply any correction at all. Download Devinci Resolve and transcode through that. It takes a tenth of the time and you won't have these artefacts. There's a few X5R/Resolve tutorials on youtube which will explain the workflow, and it's pretty easy to be fair once you've gone through it a couple of times.

Hi iSky!

I never use Cinelight for ProRes Transcoding. This was just for testing purposes, as you can read in my first Post, that the CinemaDNG Files all get corrupted when using the Panasonic 42.5mm Lens.
You simply can´t open the CinemaDNGs in any Application.

I tried to get the RAW anyway, tried ProRes, TIFF Sequence. All have Artefacts, only the H.264 from the MicroSD Card is fine.
So there is a Problem how the X5R or maybe CineLight handles RAW Files when the Panasonic Lens is used.

2017-2-21
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah right with you. Well if it's not a supported lens I know what DJI's answer will be. Don't use it lol.
2017-2-21
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Thats really a shame. The 42.5mm is a great Lens.
Also i wonder, why the H.264 is fine, but the RAW gets screwed up. Doesnt make Sense. :-(
2017-2-25
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyclip Posted at 2017-2-25 01:36
Thats really a shame. The 42.5mm is a great Lens.
Also i wonder, why the H.264 is fine, but the RAW gets screwed up. Doesnt make Sense. :-(

Yeah odd that the 264 files are ok.
2017-2-26
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Found a solution for that.

The X5R records .tif Files to its SSD.
Those get wrapped into CinemaDNG/ProRes/TIFF Sequence by Cinelight.
The X5R or Cinelight (im not quite sure) writes an Invalid OpCode to the EXIF of the CinemaDNG.
Its "OpcodeList3" in Detail, "Specifies the list of opcodes that should be applied to the raw image, just after it has been demosaiced."(Stated in DNG Specs by Adobe)
OpCodes can be Warping, Gain, Scale, etc. all stated in the DNG Specs. http://wwwimages.adobe.com/conte ... ng_spec_1.4.0.0.pdf

So, i simply deleted the OpCodeList3 out of the CinemaDNG´s and the Footage is absolutley fine.
Did 2 Tests, everything fine.

I´ll write a small OpCode Remover with Automator on Mac if someone is running into the same trouble.

In the End i have a working X5R/Panasonic 42.5mm Lens Combo which is really nice. :-)

2017-3-16
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Germany

Skyclip Posted at 2017-3-16 00:19
Found a solution for that.

The X5R records .tif Files to its SSD.

Hi Skyclip,

I'd really like that script, if you've put one together; I'm using the X5R Osmo with non-supported lenses.

Thanks! /Peter
2017-5-16
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Svarteld Posted at 2017-5-16 23:17
Hi Skyclip,

I'd really like that script, if you've put one together; I'm using the X5R Osmo with non-supported lenses.

Hi Peter,

first you need to install exiftool:

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Then you can run my Automator Script:

https://we.tl/Tq2yrZNgAT

It will prompt you to select the .dng´s
After you clicked "select" the Script will run in the Background with no further notice and remove the OpcodeList3 from all the selected .dng´s.
Be careful, it doesn´t backup the original dng´s!
I didn´t have the time to implement a working progress bar, sorry for that.
2017-5-17
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

Very grateful fot that, big thanks!
2017-6-2
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

Skyclip Posted at 2017-5-17 06:55
Hi Peter,

first you need to install exiftool:

Hello again Skyclip,

Unfortunately I didn't download your Automator script in time, it's now been deleted. Could you possible send it again? I'd be very grateful for that help!

Cheers /Peter
2017-6-2
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

Some more info regarding this, folks:

I also found a program that does the opcode removal: "DNG Cleaner" in the Mac app store.

Removing the opcodes also makes it possible to match the h.264 SD card proxy exactly to the raw footage, since no opcodes are used by DJI when they write the proxy footage to the SD card. So now, the cropping looks exactly the same between proxy and raw.

/Peter
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules