Battery 4th light flashing after flight
5808 4 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Just recently after 50% of my flights, I switch the Mavic off and the top light on the battery (light closest to the gimbal) is flashing for approx 10 seconds (but does vary a bit).
This isn't the light that indicates the lowest power on the battery (i.e the light closest to the tail of the Mavic) And once when I plugged it into the charging hub the same light would flash and the battery won't charge. I put the battery aside for 5-10 mins and plugged it in again and it charged fine.

From what I can guess, this may be heat related as that would probably make sense that plugging it straight in when it felt quite warm would stop it from charging but why after the majority of flights I make.

No errors on the RC.

Any help or info would be appreciated
2017-2-21
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

This happend to me on my flights after the update, not sure what it means yet, maybe we won a prize?
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-21
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I switch the Mavic off and the top light on the battery (light closest to the gimbal) is flashing for approx 10 seconds (but does vary a bit). This isn't the light that indicates the lowest power on the battery (i.e the light closest to the tail of the Mavic)

That would be "LED4". According to the manual, blinking twice per second means its temperature is too low and three times (as apparently in this case) it's too high. It's giving you that warning because charging when it's still hot isn't good for the battery.
2017-2-21
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-21 05:30
I switch the Mavic off and the top light on the battery (light closest to the gimbal) is flashing for approx 10 seconds (but does vary a bit). This isn't the light that indicates the lowest power on the battery (i.e the light closest to the tail of the Mavic)

That would be "LED4". According to the manual, blinking twice per second means its temperature is too low and three times (as apparently in this case) it's too high. It's giving you that warning because charging when it's still hot isn't good for the battery.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks very much!
2017-2-21
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bunny too Posted at 2017-2-21 05:05
This happend to me on my flights after the update, not sure what it means yet, maybe we won a prize?
Regards,
-d.

Ha! Would be nice
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules