Just ordered
699 7 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47172 ft
United States

I just ordered a P4P+. I've seen some of the posts about common newby mistakes. Any advice? How do I find out where "no fly zones" are? (i.e. parks, beaches, bridges, etc.) Thanks for any help!

Richard
2017-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Number 1 of course read the manual,

Regarding NFZ your dji app will inform regarding airports and some airfield, for your local area you will have to find this out local council , government etc will be able to give you information on these,

Regarding flying rules and regulations FAA will have all these posted on there website.

I wish you good luck with your new purchase and happy flying. Good luck and be safe...
2017-2-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club.... beside what Hallmark mentioned, I installed UAV FORECAST free app you can dowload. It gives you all related data from weahter, KP, wind direction and chill factor, visibilty, if it is good to fly or not plus the map restrictions.  Check you AC, PROPS AND BATTERY before and after flight and use common sense. Practice in the academy first and start slow. Practice in ATTI mode in open field in case you need to use it in an emergency.

Safety First, Fun Second!
2017-2-21
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-21 09:05
Welcome to the club.... beside what Hallmark mentioned, I installed UAV FORECAST free app you can dowload. It gives you all related data from weahter, KP, wind direction and chill factor, visibilty, if it is good to fly or not plus the map restrictions.  Check you AC, PROPS AND BATTERY before and after flight and use common sense. Practice in the academy first and start slow. Practice in ATTI mode in open field in case you need to use it in an emergency.

Safety First, Fun Second!

You can install 3rd party apps in the P4P+ ???
2017-2-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2017-2-21 09:17

Sorry...I wish... No I meant on your phone....
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Crooked
lvl.1

United States

DJI doesn't seem to have made a proper horizon level a real priority. This has been going on for a loooong time.

For something as simple has the constant wind warnings (even in no wind) they have yet to fix it.

Don't expect DJI to adequately address ensuring that the horizon is level much more frequently. It might be a hardware and design limitation of their gimbals and they aren't willing to put money or time into redesigning a gimbal which can consistently maintain a level horizon.

Telling their online support is completely useless. They pretend they have never heard of this issue even though it has been going on for years. They pretend that the constant wind warnings are news to them as well, even though it is a glaringly obvious bug to anyone and has been spoken about as nauseum for a couple months now.
2017-2-21
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
United States

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2017-2-21 09:17

Is that app something to use on my phone separately/prior to flight? Or is it only for the P4P with the phone attached to the controller?
2017-2-21
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
United States

TB12GOAT Posted at 2017-2-21 13:15
Is that app something to use on my phone separately/prior to flight? Or is it only for the P4P with the phone attached to the controller?

Never mind, I figured out that it's for the phone to use as a planning tool
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules