DON'T USE THE GO APP!!!!!!!
2770 11 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videopixels
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi there.

It took me quite awhile to figure this out between some paniced moments. The DJI Go App is totally not optomised for recording with the OSMO Mobile I figured this out ny recording some footage on the stock camera app on my iPhone 6s Plus. The Go App stutters and can't record smoothly, I would only use it to do a motion timelapse.

The problem with the stock iPhone App is that you can't disable stabalisation so I purchased the Filmic Pro app that others suggested and wow, what a difference, actually usable now - it's a pity wouldn't have liked to go through all this.
2017-2-21
Use props
vdubbin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031647 ft
United States

Been thinking about picking up a Mobile to use with my IPhone 7 Plus but saw all the issues from the stabilization having issues.  So getting the Filmic app solves those issues?  Just curious before I buy one and not be happy with it.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

vdubbin Posted at 2017-2-26 16:52
Been thinking about picking up a Mobile to use with my IPhone 7 Plus but saw all the issues from the stabilization having issues.  So getting the Filmic app solves those issues?  Just curious before I buy one and not be happy with it.

No, it doesn't. The stabilization is a hardware issue.
2017-2-27
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-27 00:05
No, it doesn't. The stabilization is a hardware issue.

So, to be clear - the OSMO mobile cannot be used (or has problems) with the iPhone 7 Plus? Is that also valid for iPhone 6s Plus?
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-27 01:21
So, to be clear - the OSMO mobile cannot be used (or has problems) with the iPhone 7 Plus? Is that also valid for iPhone 6s Plus?

No, DJI regards this as a slight inconvenience, not an issue that undermines the performance of Osmo Mobile.       That's the official policy.
2017-2-28
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-28 19:24
No, DJI regards this as a slight inconvenience, not an issue that undermines the performance of Osmo Mobile.       That's the official policy.

Understood, but what does this "slight inconvenience" mean? What happens when I use OSMO Mobile with an iPhone 7 Plus or an iPhone 6s Plus? Which "inconveniences" can I expect?
2017-3-1
Use props
alanwan
lvl.1

Hong Kong

May I know how to set 1080 or higher quality through dji go app when shooting timelapse/motion timelapse?
2017-4-2
Use props
noimage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295463 ft
United States

The iPhone 7 also has stabilization built in.
2017-4-5
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

alanwan Posted at 2017-4-2 07:14
May I know how to set 1080 or higher quality through dji go app when shooting timelapse/motion timelapse?

Not possible unfortunately.
2017-4-6
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

Regardless of what gimbal you use, you will always get a slight "inconvenience" due to the hardware stabilization of the iphone 7plus.  This is not a DJI isolated incident.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

young-nyc 3 Posted at 2017-4-7 08:09
Regardless of what gimbal you use, you will always get a slight "inconvenience" due to the hardware stabilization of the iphone 7plus.  This is not a DJI isolated incident.

This was a quick test with a iPhone 6 Plus and you can get stable video, you just have to practice your Ninja walk.
And the other video is a tutorial on how to get stable footage.

2017-4-7
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

One thing i did notice, you can't get any good footage when using the DJI Car mount or bike mount with the iphone7 plus..any advice?
hoping it works better with other phones.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules