Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Verify legitimacy, buying drone online?
855 5 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkysurferTony
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117159 ft
United States

Is there a way to verify that a P4 drone is made for US use, etc. --- by the serial number before buying from someone?
2017-2-21
Use props
SkysurferTony
lvl.1
United States

Guess not --- just thought I recalled reading a thread about someone who bought one that was meant for the China market and it was not funtional. Maybe I was dreaming :-) - sorry for the goofy post - realatively new at this. Cheers!
2017-2-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've bought both my P4 online, and wanted to make sure it was Australian stock (where I am). I was advised yes as it was shipped locally (even though the seller wasn't). In this case I took a chance. The unit arrived with CASA (our aviation watchdog) pamphlets inside, and the DJI box listed the serial number ending in '(AUS)'. I've bought my P4P from the same guy since.

Not sure if the regional indicator appears on U.S. boxes though.
2017-2-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-21 14:15
I've bought both my P4 online, and wanted to make sure it was Australian stock (where I am). I was advised yes as it was shipped locally (even though the seller wasn't). In this case I took a chance. The unit arrived with CASA (our aviation watchdog) pamphlets inside, and the DJI box listed the serial number ending in '(AUS)'. I've bought my P4P from the same guy since.

Not sure if the regional indicator appears on U.S. boxes though.

I have seen boxes that have Phantom 4 Pro (USA) on the top of the barcode sticker.
2017-2-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

If you are in the US, then you would be sdtrongly advise to buy from a well known dealer, like Best Buy or Amazon. If you buy from a non-recognised dealer, DJI may not honour the warranty. They tell you this on their web site.
2017-2-21
Use props
SkysurferTony
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-21 15:23
If you are in the US, then you would be sdtrongly advise to buy from a well known dealer, like Best Buy or Amazon. If you buy from a non-recognised dealer, DJI may not honour the warranty. They tell you this on their web site.

Thank you for the feedback. I did get my first DJI P3S from Best Buy for the exact reasons mentions, warranty primarily. Someone relatively close by was selling a P4P slightly discounted, he was wanting to downgrade and I was so intrigued with everything I was reading and seeing about the 4Pro. So anyway I when for it when he agreed to take my 3S on trade plus some $$. I guess we are both without warranty now, nevertheless I'm pretty excited to get it out for the first time this weekend.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules