Has anyone had to *TRANSFER their I2 license keys to a different I2?
5554 22 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

I have bought another air Inspire 2 air frame as backup in my drone production... 'If' it was to crash and I retrieved the drone... can I transfer my prores and RAW license over to the new air frame? In theory yes? but how?

I haven't seen a solid answer on this... and DJI has not responded...

Any thoughts or success stories would be helpful. Considering its still relatively a new product, there is not a good chance that no one has had to deal with this yet... However I am I that weird place where if something happens on a shoot, in need to act quickly. This will be helpful to folks in the future as well as this is a professional tool.

As a note, the DJI Refresh is all good, but if I don't have the time to refresh the drone this would be the next best option. Hopefully where i control how long it would take to be back up and running instead of waiting on shipping, DJI repair or anything of that sort.

Thanks
2017-2-21
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Hello,  The short answer is NO, there is no possible way to transfer a license from one Inspire 2 to another.

The only case where this is actually possible is when you have DJI Care,   If you crash your drone, and need a replacement, DJI will automatically transfer your license over to the new Inspire2

2017-2-21
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-21 12:00
Hello,  The short answer is NO, there is no possible way to transfer a license from one Inspire 2 to another.

The only case where this is actually possible is when you have DJI Care,   If you crash your drone, and need a replacement, DJI will automatically transfer your license over to the new Inspire2

Thanks for the information. More info the better

Can I ask how you know this information? Is there a link I can check out? Have you tried this before?

Doesn't make sense that you can't transfer license keys seeing as the I2 is a professional tool? Maybe through a call in? My agent who I bought from said that that would be the only way, which is to talk with support.

Doing my best to gather all the information I can, considering I may need to take action on this down the road.

Thanks
2017-2-21
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-2-21 12:16
Thanks for the information. More info the better

Can I ask how you know this information? Is there a link I can check out? Have you tried this before?

This had been discussed on another forum where a member contacted DJI Directly and was told it was not possible to transfer licenses from one drone to another unless it was due to a crash and the drone was covered by DJI Care.

The License is actually bound to the serial number of the drone.

I'm not actually surprised.  A lot of high end licensed equipment is licensed this way, and can't be transferred.
2017-2-21
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-21 12:33
This had been discussed on another forum where a member contacted DJI Directly and was told it was not possible to transfer licenses from one drone to another unless it was due to a crash and the drone was covered by DJI Care.

Thanks for the reply

I'll reach out to DJI directly so there can be two points off reference. As well as getting my agent to reach out to them directly. See what happens. Im not satisfied with 1 point of info. 3 points of info can finalize this thread....
2017-2-21
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

Here is the conversation I had with DJI. It is possible to transfer the license!!!

Here is the link to the photo of conversation... Hope this helps for people in the future

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 2M/view?usp=sharing
2017-2-21
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

2017-2-21
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-21 12:33

Here is the conversation I had with DJI. It is possible to transfer the license!!!

Here is the link to the photo of conversation... Hope this helps for people in the future

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 2M/view?usp=sharing
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13337 ft
China

First, the License can be transfered by DJI official.
Second, DJI official don`t accept License transfer for no reason( Selling Licence to another guy for example).
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13337 ft
China

First, the License can be transfered by DJI official.
Second, DJI official don`t accept License transfer for no reason( Selling Licence to another guy for example).
2017-2-22
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-2-21 14:36

Hum...

To me this seems like a DJI tech who is just saying what he thinks is correct.   When my buddy tried to call and actually get a license transferred he was given the run around and then was finally told it was not possible and that a new license would need to be purchased.

The DJI rep he spoke to said the License was bound to the serial number.   So the fact that the DJI rep told you he didn't need the serial number of the old drone is a bit surprising to me.

Basically if you follow the instructions of that DJI rep, you could technically keep flying the original drone and use the license and not have any issues, as long as you don't connect that original drone to the internet.  

I don't think DJI would ever put themselves in a position to allow extra licenses to be floating around like that.

I'd like to hear it directly from someone who has successfully transferred a license from one Inspire 2 to another.

2017-2-22
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-22 09:32
Hum...

To me this seems like a DJI tech who is just saying what he thinks is correct.   When my buddy tried to call and actually get a license transferred he was given the run around and then was finally told it was not possible and that a new license would need to be purchased.

I agree... I may try this since i have 2 airframe and see if i have success. I'll keep this thread updated if i have more information. Like wise if other have valid info to share.

Thanks for your input
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-2-21 14:57

Unfortunately the information that was provided is not correct. In order for a license to be transferred from one aircraft to another, the unit has to be replaced by DJI directly at our service center either via a repair service or an online store exchange. Buying a new aircraft and then transferring the license to another is not possible. If you wish to keep this unit you just bought and want to have the licenses activated, you will need to purchase the licenses again. If you wish to only have one aircarft with the currently owned licenses, the aircraft must be sent to DJI for service.

I do apologize for the misinformation you originally received, we have notified the proper department to ensure that it's rectified in the future.
2017-2-22
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-22 12:06
Unfortunately the information that was provided is not correct. In order for a license to be transferred from one aircraft to another, the unit has to be replaced by DJI directly at our service center either via a repair service or an online store exchange. Buying a new aircraft and then transferring the license to another is not possible. If you wish to keep this unit you just bought and want to have the licenses activated, you will need to purchase the licenses again. If you wish to only have one aircarft with the currently owned licenses, the aircraft must be sent to DJI for service.

I do apologize for the misinformation you originally received, we have notified the proper department to ensure that it's rectified in the future.

Can you provide a link to your online store exchange?

For example; What happens if the craft already crashed? And i already have a second air frame. What is the course of action you suggest?

And what happens if i already own 2 aircrafts... 1 was with the premium combo that came with the full license. The other is just the air frame no license. I need a course of action with fast turn around because if it was to crash on a shoot i don't have time to send in the craft and wait for you to send it back... Kinda lame if i have to purchase another license key... that doesn't make sense as i already own it...

Isn't the S/N tied to your server... All you have to do is switch the key from one Inspire 2 s/n to another. This makes sense if both air frames are in my name and attached to the same email?

Please correct your miss information... This should be put on the website in the Inspire 2 license keys landing page so people can be informed before purchase! This is a professional product *not a hobby craft.  And that message chain was sent from my *tier 1 drone dealer in Canada. Can it be done via the reseller? Possibly not from the person who bought it, as you may have a different policy for dealers vs customers...?

Conversation chain from my Drone reseller and your online support
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By6wZfWbWfuaYlJrVUtwTWljN2M
2017-2-22
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

Thank you very much for the information.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-2-22 12:28
Can you provide a link to your online store exchange?

For example; What happens if the craft already crashed? And i already have a second air frame. What is the course of action you suggest?

The link for the after-sales service policy is below"
http://www.dji.com/service/policy

For crashed units specifically, they cannot be exchanged via the Online Store and must go through a repair service. If the aircraft is completely totaled beyond repair or you have DJI Care Refresh to use, then it would be replaced through the Repair Center.

If you want to use this second unit with licenses, then you would need to puchase them via the Online Store. You would follow the activation guide above the purchase options to properly activate them on the back end:

http://store.dji.com/product/cin ... now_bar#/?_k=gquur8

The serial number of the Inspire 2, and any keys connected to it, are in DJI's system. The issue is, however, that the licenses cannot be transferred from one separately purchased aircraft to another. This deters the scenario where a person ties to share one set of licenses between multiple units.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-22 12:28
Thank you very much for the information.

You're welcome.
2017-2-22
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-2-21 12:00

Hi, I have successfully transferred the license to my other air frame.

What I learned:

1) make sure firmware is the latest version (ALWAYS) this can slow down the process or make it not possible to complete remotely....
2) X5S camera has to be attached in order for the transfer to work
3) *IF your drone is broken... and you have a back up machine to transfer license to - It needs to be able to turn on. Things such as water damage and/or the machine CANNOT turn on has to be sent in to DJI. LOST machine will not work unfortunately...
4) At this current point in time, one 1 person in the company actually knows how to do this and he will be on call with you to make the transfer.
FIRST: he will get you to plug in your device after verifying you *CINECORE on the bird that has the licenses.
SECOND: you turn on the drone and plug into Assistant 2 and it will have an activate butt that will wipe the license from the drone (an auth code is provided and needed to perform this. you will be live on the call so this is easy). once wiped it will say successful.
THIRD: Power off the I2 and put the X5S camera onto the new/other air frame. Power on and plug into DJI assistant 2. Go to license tab. It will say active license keys, click activate, enter the SAME auth code. Once it says successful you are ready to go!

Restart your drone and go have fun testing.

This w2as a lot of back and forth because nobody in the company had done it before... plus only one person knew how (At this point in time).

Suggestion... Submit that you want to transfer license. Two... call and ask to have your ticket moved along quickly because you need it for a project... Call again if you don't hear back with in 48 hours... and it should move you up in the Q.

Because everyone kept saying it was not possible unless you send in both units, which i would have to pay for and be with out my drones for up to 2 months... I had to push. It took me 3 weeks to transfer... However if you are bumped up in the Q sooner and as they become more efficient in doing this. It only takes about 30min totals to complete the process.

Hope this helps. Let me know how if goes for you guys if you end up in that position. Cheers!
2017-4-9
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Canada

What I learned:

1) make sure firmware is the latest version (ALWAYS) this can slow down the process or make it not possible to complete remotely....
2) X5S camera has to be attached in order for the transfer to work
3) *IF your drone is broken... and you have a back up machine to transfer license to - It needs to be able to turn on. Things such as water damage and/or the machine CANNOT turn on has to be sent in to DJI. LOST machine will not work unfortunately...
4) At this current point in time, one 1 person in the company actually knows how to do this and he will be on call with you to make the transfer.
FIRST: he will get you to plug in your device after verifying you *CINECORE on the bird that has the licenses.
SECOND: you turn on the drone and plug into Assistant 2 and it will have an activate butt that will wipe the license from the drone (an auth code is provided and needed to perform this. you will be live on the call so this is easy). once wiped it will say successful.
THIRD: Power off the I2 and put the X5S camera onto the new/other air frame. Power on and plug into DJI assistant 2. Go to license tab. It will say active license keys, click activate, enter the SAME auth code. Once it says successful you are ready to go!

Restart your drone and go have fun testing.

This w2as a lot of back and forth because nobody in the company had done it before... plus only one person knew how (At this point in time).

Suggestion... Submit that you want to transfer license. Two... call and ask to have your ticket moved along quickly because you need it for a project... Call again if you don't hear back with in 48 hours... and it should move you up in the Q.

Because everyone kept saying it was not possible unless you send in both units, which i would have to pay for and be with out my drones for up to 2 months... I had to push. It took me 3 weeks to transfer... However if you are bumped up in the Q sooner and as they become more efficient in doing this. It only takes about 30min totals to complete the process.

Hope this helps. Let me know how if goes for you guys if you end up in that position. Cheers!
2017-4-9
Use props
fans861a8515
lvl.3
Flight distance : 926549 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hello Folks,
I am buying a used inspire 2 that has a ProRes & CDNG License.
Can I transfer the license from the existing DJI user who is selling me the drone to my DJI user?
Thanks for your input.
2017-11-29
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-4-9 12:34

What I learned:

That's very useful info, thank you for sharing your experience.
2018-12-3
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-4-9 12:34

What I learned:

Thanx for figuring that out and SHARING it with us !!!!
2018-12-3
Use props
RustyRogers
lvl.1
United States

fans861a8515 Posted at 2017-11-29 00:14
Hello Folks,
I am buying a used inspire 2 that has a ProRes & CDNG License.
Can I transfer the license from the existing DJI user who is selling me the drone to my DJI user?

I have the same question as well.
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules